UK Artisan Soaps and Creams

Darren said:
Very precise! We'll see what I can be arsed with..... :)

LOL Great reply! :icon_cheesygrin:

I will do it like this, only because I still have the table made up and that it will give me a better understanding of the shaving soaps available out there. It should also help me to improve my soaps, even ideas/inspiration when formulating and introduce new soaps.

Re: RE: UK Artisan Soaps and Creams

Fox said:
Darren said:

I will do it like this, only because I still have the table made up and that it will give me a better understanding of the shaving soaps available out there. It should also help me to improve my soaps, even ideas/inspiration when formulating and introduce new soaps.

I'll do my best to stick to the table. Do I have to buy some Cella to compare it to?
I have very sensitive skin and though I'm very fond of fragranced products they aren't always as fond of me. So we will see.

Darren said:
Fox said:
Darren said:

I'll do my best to stick to the table. Do I have to buy some Cella to compare it to?
I have very sensitive skin and though I'm very fond of fragranced products they aren't always as fond of me. So we will see.

I have the same with skin type, but I am pleasantly surprised with this soap in that my skin actually likes it, I think this is one of the big reasons why I keep going back to it. Yes you do have to buy a big pot of it... or PM me your address and I can send you some of what I have here. I have some of the petri dishes I have been putting my soap samples in that I can send you.

I'm not much of a scientist either so i'll use this soap as i would use any other soap and just see how it performs.

there was a suggestion that olive oil kills lather but judging by Sharon's success and the hisory of aleppo soap I think we can put that to bed.

will use this on my next shave - so Sunday.

flip-68 said:
I'm not much of a scientist either so i'll use this soap as i would use any other soap and just see how it performs.

there was a suggestion that olive oil kills lather but judging by Sharon's success and the hisory of aleppo soap I think we can put that to bed.

will use this on my next shave - so Sunday.

Cool Flip, look forward to your findings.

My soap arrived but I won't be using to shave with despite the seller's reassurance it can be used as a shave soap. I did try to whip up a lather but it was very thin and not worth wasting a shave on. besides, i have received a soap I'm going to be using for next 3 or 4 shaves. :)

My Calendula & Rosewood soap from Gwella arrived today, 10/10 for speed of delivery.

On their website and ebay listing for this soap they claim it is a shaving soap then on the packaging they state its a pre shave soap, uh?

So what is it? To cut a long story short its a pre-shave face and hand soap.

The soap smells really good, lathers really well and easy, just what you would expect from a shaving soap. Unfortunately not much in the way of slip and my enthusiasm dissipated along with the soap I had applied to my face. I quickly found myself face lathering trying to rescue the fast disappearing lather I had already applied, which I did manage to get it on rather thick. The shave from here on in seemed rushed but by the time I got half my face done the lather on the other side had dissipated to a very thin layer. As I decided to oil my face due to the lack of slip I carried on shaving without re-lathering for a third time.

Would I buy, use and recommend this soap, absolutely yes, but only for its great scent and smooth lather, and only for its recommended use as on the packaging... as a pre shave face wash soap. I think for a luxury face soap that smells so great its really good value, in fact its probably under priced at £3.50 per 80g, especially as this also includes postage!

Ingredients;
Propylene Glycol: Sodium Stearte: Sodium Laureth Sulphate: Glycerine: Sucrose:
Sodium Cocate: Sodium Xylene Sulphonate: Stearic Acid: Tetrasodium EDTA:
Tetrasodium Etidronate, Titanium Dioxide, Aniba Rosaedora, Polyquarternium-7,
Calendula Officalis, Daucus carota, Citrus duicis.

Oddly enough.... My patchouli and pepper corn shaving soap arrived today. It was well packed but took a few days to dispatch - a bit longer than I expected but may well have been made in a small batch I guess. The glass bowl is perhaps a little smaller than I had imagined but, upon reflection, it was very cheap and I can get through it in good time and buy more.... Some shaving soaps kick around for far too long and it can all get a bit tedious...
I'm looking forwards to test lathering and shaving with it... Perhaps at weekend. Right now I just want to add that this smells stunning. You can really smell the patchouli and this marks it out from the ordinary. [attachment=9560]

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1391620255699.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1391620255699.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 15
  • uploadfromtaptalk1391620647002.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1391620647002.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 51
Hi last week i purchased some items from alphyandbecs. I brought two shaving soaps Orange Blossom and Jasmine, Cedarwood and Patchouli, and i also brought there Egyptian Prince aftershave balm. Items arrived well packaged and with a free sample of there aftershave face wash pastilles. The soaps smelt stunning, i especially liked the orange and jasmine. Now i'm not the best at using soaps always struggle to get a good face lather with them. But after using the orange and jasmine for the first time today, i got a really good face lather from it and the smell was incredible. The lather was really creamy and gave me a really good shave. I must add, i had not shaved for 8 days before this. The lather did not dry out even though it took me a while with my shavette to get rid of all my 8 day growth. After i finished shaving i gave the pastilles a try i just broke a small piece off and used that in the sink with cold water. The smell from this was great again, a nice fresh lemon scent. And it felt really refreshing on my skin. Next i applied some of the aftershave balm. I really enjoyed it. The scent was a really nice floral scent and again felt really refreshing on my skin.

I am really pleased with my purchase from alphyandbecs and i will definitely be purchasing from them again.

Hey Draper!
Whats the point in me agreeing to review this brand and then you doing it instead? I ask you...

.... More seriously I'm glad to hear your positive views. I'm looking forwards to adding my own.

The balm sounds charming. Did it contain any alcohol?

Hi Darren sorry i just couldn't resist.

Looking forward to hearing your views on the soap. I don't use soaps that much at all. So will be good to read someone elses thoughts on it.

Egyptian Prince aftershave balm

Ingredients: Aqua: Caprylic/capric triglyceride: Stearic acid: Vitis vinifera:
Glygerine: Cetearyl alcohol: Sodium bicarbonate: Phenoxyethanol:
Ethylhexyglycerin. Anthemis nobilis (chamomile) Flower Extract, Lavandula
angustifolia (Lavender) Flower Extract, Panax ginseng Root Extract
Symphytum officinale (Comfrey) Root Extract. Perfume.

The scent is really nice and it as left my skin feeling really refreshed and silky smooth

Back
Top Bottom