UK Artisan Soaps and Creams

What do you think are the top 4 soaps/creams from UK artisan soap makers?

Is it just my feeling or there aren't as many as there should be. I might be wrong comparing it to the US since the population is much bigger there but I feel like we could do much better on this front. Either this or I am seriously missing some very good soaps.

RE: UK Soaps and Creams

Definitely in the top from the UK would have to be:

For creams
Castle Forbes
T&H
Trumper

For soaps (will struggle to name any more)
DR Harris

Not sure if C&S count as a UK soap maker, as their soaps are made by Valobra in Italy, but in those fragrances they only come from C&S in the UK. Likewise for Creed soaps.

RE: UK Soaps and Creams

I just noticed that I missed an important word from my question: ARTISAN. I wanted to get your opinion on artisan soaps/creams.

Diqiu-Long said:
How do you actually know that its an artisan shaving soap and not just being manufactured inside a factory?

Good question. You can never know-know, I guess. But you can be pretty sure that NSS and Prof. Blighty for example are not made in a factory, while TOBS, Truefitt, Trumper probably are.

The same can be applied to American soaps as well.

I agree there are not many in the UK, Nanny's only comes to my mind. There do seem to be many in the rest of Europe and USA. I even managed to find three in Ireland but we are lacking. Hopefully my soaps will be a hit and this will help somewhat to change things.

Truefitt, Trumper, Penhaligons and Crabtree & Evelyn all have their soaps made by Soapworks Ltd which is why most of us can't really distinguish between the mentioned companies triple milled soaps. I have done some extensive research lately regarding shaving soaps and it seems these soaps are losing popularity abroad as a result of it becoming common knowledge that Soapworks manufacture their soaps.

I can't really comment on these soaps myself, as I have never used them. I have used the creams from Truefitt and thought them to be rather good for creams, I don't know if these are also made by Soapworks or not.

Fox said:
I agree there are not many in the UK, Nanny's only comes to my mind. There do seem to be many in the rest of Europe and USA. I even managed to find three in Ireland but we are lacking. Hopefully my soaps will be a hit and this will help somewhat to change things.

Truefitt, Trumper, Penhaligons and Crabtree & Evelyn all have their soaps made by Soapworks Ltd which is why most of us can't really distinguish between the mentioned companies triple milled soaps. I have done some extensive research lately regarding shaving soaps and it seems these soaps are losing popularity abroad as a result of it becoming common knowledge that Soapworks manufacture their soaps.

I can't really comment on these soaps myself, as I have never used them. I have used the creams from Truefitt and thought them to be rather good for creams, I don't know if these are also made by Soapworks or not.

I guess Ireland counts. Which ones were those? I know about Dr.K

axelk said:
Fox said:

UK - Professor Blighty
Ireland - Handmade Soap Co.

Fox said:
axelk said:
Fox said:

UK - Professor Blighty
Ireland - Handmade Soap Co.

Handmade Soap looks really nice. Have you tried them?

Back
Top Bottom