TSR Custom Brush

All done in MS Paint:

mspaint.jpg

(not by me, I hasten to add)

Im interested in this, would be nice if it was finest badger though, what is boar like compared to badger anyway?

Actually that's a good name for a site, boar & blade. :mrgreen:

I expect the idea of a 'mixed' brush is to keep the cost down a bit. A top-notch badger would be popular with many here but would add a lot to an already expensive custom-made brush. Well I think so anyway. Hando will know more. Badger/Boar mixes such as the Vulfix 404 are very well regarded and seem like a good compromise to most.

cost is a secondary thing for me with this brush, well within reason :?

value for money is one of the main reasons the 404 gets so much love but also it has the best of both worlds as a mix

backbone and soft tips with heat retention is the ideal

the 404 lacks in luxury tip wise

this is what Semogue is trying to get on our behalf ;)

I like the idea of adding a bodger to the stable, (like putting a mule in with the horses and donkeys). I'd go along with anything within reason so long as it had TSR on it, but since I don't have a mixed brush I'm particularly pleased.

I'm up to speed there's no mention of release date or what handle. Having used 620 I'd go for that as I fancy small-medium sized handles.

andyjreid said:
I like both handles but for perfection IMO you couldn't go wrong with an acrylic version of the 1305 handle.

My ideal brush would be a 1305 handle (I like wood and current colours but for a custom I wouldn't mind) and a 75% badger - 25% boar mix.

No thanks. I like my brushes to have backbone mate. If it's flaccid like 1470 I'll pass.

Leon said:
The 2040:
Smg_sb_2040_MED.jpg

The 2040 is bigger, so it will be a good choice to larger knots. At least 23 mm diameter and 55 mm loft.

One other important note. The top part of the acrylic, seen in these pictures in black, can be painted in whatever color you choose.

I prefer this model painted white, english green, greenish blue, navy or deep blue, or brown. :hungrig

Arrowhead said:
I like the idea of adding a bodger to the stable, (like putting a mule in with the horses and donkeys). I'd go along with anything within reason so long as it had TSR on it, but since I don't have a mixed brush I'm particularly pleased.

Agreed. I only have one mixed and that's 404 Grosvenor.

What I'd like to know is since there are plans for 2010 LE Semogue am to assume that they will launch the TSR Ltd in conjunction with the LE Semogue?

Hi. The 2010 is a separate project. The TSR brush will be released before the 2010 LE. The knot assembled in the TSR prototype is being tested and is proven to be a good choice, so there is only one details missing - what handle will it have? A wooden handle? The acrylic 730? The acrylic 2040?

SiR-ed8 said:
What I'd like to know is since there are plans for 2010 LE Semogue am to assume that they will launch the TSR Ltd in conjunction with the LE Semogue?

Leon said:
Hi. The 2010 is a separate project. The TSR brush will be released before the 2010 LE. The knot assembled in the TSR prototype is being tested and is proven to be a good choice, so there is only one details missing - what handle will it have? A wooden handle? The acrylic 730? The acrylic 2040?

SiR-ed8 said:

Leon,

Thank you! Perhaps you should do poll. Personally I only have 620, 830 and 1470 to go by. As much as I love wood, however I'd go with 620 handle which I reckon is same as 730, 740, and 750.

i will be passing the prototype on this week after extensive testing

i will start another thread for comments on it and how it performed, with my fellow testers to add their thoughts and opinions
i won't say now so as not to influence peoples views

stand by your letter box :lol:

Back
Top Bottom