Truefitt & Hill cream in Boots?

Just come back from Boots Milton Keynes there doing a 3 for 2 offer and I got the last shaving cream off the shelf and people had obviously been buying it.

Not sure about how it smells but I did not dislike it so got the shaving cream, post cream and moisturiser cream as well.

Will give it a go tomorrow.

Just visited a Boots in Aberdeen and they have got SFA in the way of real shaving stuff. Not even a tube of cream or a wilko brush. One tiny gondola end display with Fusion cartridges on it, that was it! Grr, argh.

Truefitt and Hill - Boots the Chemist
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://tweedpig.blogspot.com/2011/05/truefitt-and-hill-boots.html">http://tweedpig.blogspot.com/2011/05/tr ... boots.html</a><!-- m -->

Gingerpose said:
Just visited a Boots in Aberdeen and they have got SFA in the way of real shaving stuff. Not even a tube of cream or a wilko brush. One tiny gondola end display with Fusion cartridges on it, that was it! Grr, argh.

Really annoying that, same here, small town next to me (Greenock) has SFA. Need to go to Glasgow to get a decent selection even in the main chains like Boots and M&S etc.

Its available in my local John lewis for £8. The scent is quite generic and inoffensive, I think itd be called 'oceanic', and smells a lot like a lot of other modern gents products. The tub is a hefty 200ml and is packaged in a similar plastic tub to most other creams. I didn't buy it as I assume it'll be much like any of the other 3T's creams I've used, but is likely a good cream for someone looking to explore English/Creightons made creams.

Oceanic? I'm really surprised... I find 1805 to be oceanic. I think No.10 is definitely woody with some herbs. Smells of gardening to me... borage, wood bark, wood chippings, maybe a bit of oak, even some thyme.

Funny eh?

Canuck said:
Oceanic? I'm really surprised... I find 1805 to be oceanic. I think No.10 is definitely woody with some herbs. Smells of gardening to me... borage, wood bark, wood chippings, maybe a bit of oak, even some thyme.

Funny eh?

That's the nappy's messing with your sense of smell already mate. Best send me your Caldey Island lavender, it's lost to you now!

Well, I don't find it "Oceanic" either...
To me it smells like some some herby, gardeny scent also... and once the lather is built, I detect a fresh "citrousy" note that resembles a little the Arlington scent from D R Harris... Odd, huh? :D

moodymick said:
Found one on shelves today in Boots Milton Keynes (apologies to anyone who buys it - the thumb divot is mine :eek: ). Did not but it, to my dodgy nasal sense it smelled too much like BS Maca Root, which I already have. IMHO! :|

Thought for a second you were apologising for Milton Keynes

jon_hall said:
moodymick said:
Found one on shelves today in Boots Milton Keynes (apologies to anyone who buys it - the thumb divot is mine :eek: ). Did not but it, to my dodgy nasal sense it smelled too much like BS Maca Root, which I already have. IMHO! :|

Thought for a second you were apologising for Milton Keynes

Somebody's got to...:icon_razz:

The Boots in Liverpool Street Station (London) stocks the cream. Along with the exfoliator, moisturiser, the whole shebang. I didn't like the scent, so won't be buying.

I too found one in boots today,
There was also some shaving soap of some brand. Forgot the brand but it was two 100 gm bars for £14 (Real strong sandal wood smell though)

Also checked the local John Lewis store and they did have quite some collection. Kent brush, shaving soap, refills. Taylors of bond street and also some other badger brushes and creams (Dont remember the names)

Hope to find some other shops also who might have some good creams on display

Was checking the web page of Debenhams and they do have some good shaving collection and also up to 50% off so need to check that out this weekend

Back
Top Bottom