Truefitt & Hill cream in Boots?

hando said:
i'm sure T&H C&E TOBS etc get their stuff made by Creightons

everyone gets it made to the spec they want, so while it may say T&H on the label it could be a slighty different formulation to the "real" stuff

all that said, Creightons don't make crap

Aye, I got some of this Boots T&H cream. Identical tub and price to the Body Shop maca root, 200g, same consistency, same price, probably also made by Creightons. Different scent, but nice. I bought two and was advised that a third tub would be free so £5.33 each. :cool:

Wonder if anyone can confirm it is made my creightons?

I'm not a big fan of their creams, great performance but leave behind some serious scum in my brush!

Hiya,

I know this post is gonna be a little off topic.....the usual OP sorrys and regrets in advance.

Maybe five years ago, some of the Chicagoland Target stores started carrying many items in the Proraso line. That company has large stores made to compete with places like Walmart and such, and there's lots of em around. Yeah, the idea was to make some space for a 'boutique' section of sorts, including some mens shaving stuff.

They had the green AND the red tubes for $6 each, plus those big honkin silver handle Omega boar brushes. Also stocked the Proraso/Omega soap in a tub and some other odds and ends. This was when things were starting to get going on the shaving forums, and I have to believe Target sold a crapload of Proraso stuff. Very handy to have that product so easily available, and lots of forum members were constantly talking it up.

That lasted maybe a year and a half and then poof.......gone. Weirdest damn thing.

Martin

Hello from a lurker who enjoys your forum!

I managed to purchase one earlier today. Here are some shoddy camera phone pictures for you:

I couldn't see anything to do with Creightons on the labelling, but I couldn't find it on my tub of 1805 either! Where would I find out about this?

As for scent: to me, it smells a bit like TOBS Avocado mixed with sun lotion - not a fantastic scent, but not a horribly offensive one either. I've not tried the Body Shop shaving cream, so I cannot compare the scents of the two. I've not yet shaved with the T&H No. 10, so I cannot yet comment on how decent a shave it provides.

Budoc said:
As for scent: to me, it smells a bit like TOBS Avocado mixed with sun lotion - not a fantastic scent, but not a horribly offensive one either.quote]

Hmmm...that puts me off. I wanted to like the TOBS Avocado scent but to me it just smelled like a woman's moisturising product :? so I gave up on it. Sun lotion scents can be nice, but not for shaving with though. I rather like the packaging though. Perhaps I'll get the chance to sniff it at some point. You'll have to let us know how it performs.

Oh, and thanks for posting Budoc, you'll have to stick an intro. in the Welcome section. :D

Pigcat: PM me an address and I'll send off a sample. I think I said on page 2 or thereabouts that I liken it to Moulton Brown handwash, I don't get avocado but we all have different noses.
It's great to shave with, but then it would be.

Budoc: There's no Creightons labelling on any of them, it might just be a case of trying to find it out from them, IF they'd admit it. Commercial contracts can be sensitive.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.creightonsplc.com/about-us/brands">http://www.creightonsplc.com/about-us/brands</a><!-- m -->

No mention of Truefitt and Hill or Body Shop being brands made by Creightons, but because they are huge brands anyway (who manufacture their own soaps etc) then Creightons might not be allowed to trumpet the shaving cream angle.

Well I just got off the phone to a nice chap at Creightons, he confirmed that they do make several creams for established old brand names but that they don't release detailed information out of respect for their customer. He said that if that customer chose to confirm that they had creams made by Creightons then that was fine, but he couldn't go any further himself.
Seems fair enough.

I've emailed T+H's info service to find out more but I'm betting it's the same stuff as the classic line with different packaging and a different smell.

Just got an email from T&H offering the No.10 on special offer, shaving cream reduced from £8 to £6 and bigger reduction on the balms and moisturisers. If you are on the T&H mailing list you should get the offer, if not let me know and I will send you the details. Looks like the email link is embedded with a source from the mailing list but I should be able to make it work if you are interested.

Pig Cat said:
Budoc said:
As for scent: to me, it smells a bit like TOBS Avocado mixed with sun lotion - not a fantastic scent, but not a horribly offensive one either.quote]

Hmmm...that puts me off. I wanted to like the TOBS Avocado scent but to me it just smelled like a woman's moisturising product :? so I gave up on it. Sun lotion scents can be nice, but not for shaving with though. I rather like the packaging though. Perhaps I'll get the chance to sniff it at some point. You'll have to let us know how it performs.

Oh, and thanks for posting Budoc, you'll have to stick an intro. in the Welcome section. :D

It smelled a bit like TOBS Avocado in the pot to me, but when I lathered it up it smelled very different. It's very difficult to describe the scent, but it is not overpowering and is fairly lightly scented. Apparently it contains Willow Bark, Borage Oil and Sweet Almond Oil if that gives you any idea of the scent! :lol: I've neither tried nor possess many creams currently due to money being tight, so I'm not sure which cream to compare its scent to.

The latherability and quality of the cream is what you'd typically expect for a T&H cream. The main difference between this cream and T&H's more expensive offerings is the flimsier tub.

I'll try to get around to sticking an intro up in the Welcome section tomorrow sometime. Thanks for the warm welcome :D

I've emailed T+H's info service to find out more.

And I've now had a reply back, they're announcing No.10 on the website today, and it is being rolled out nationwide in "selected stores" on a permanent basis. They weren't keen on stating who makes any of their creams, they say it's commercially sensitive and wouldn't be drawn on whether it's the same manufacturer as their normal line.

Having used it a few times now I think it's the same cream as Body Shop maca root, just with a different smell and colour. It's exactly the same "pearly" looking consistency.

Canuck said:
I've emailed T+H's info service to find out more.

And I've now had a reply back, they're announcing No.10 on the website today

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.truefittandhill.co.uk/viewproducts.php?selection=No.10%20Range">http://www.truefittandhill.co.uk/viewpr ... 10%20Range</a><!-- m -->

I find it interesting how much cheaper this cream is to their other shaving creams. £6-8 for 200ml compared to £15 for 165ml-195ml depending on the cream. So far the reviews on scent aren't encouraging for me.

Back
Top Bottom