One pre-shave - Proraso
One soap - Palmolive stick
One cream - Real Shave Co.
One balm - Nivea
One cologne - T&H Freshman

One travel razor - Merkur HD
One Travel Brush - no-name silvertip
One travel soap - La toja stick
One travel balm - Superdrug sensitive (only thing in the airport last time I travelled)

And I grab a box of blades from my stash, either Derby's, Astra Keramik or Feathers and use them until the box runs out. (one blade a week for the feathers, two for the others).

I used to play around with a big stash of stuff swapping things in and out at will but since I've gone for virtual fidelity my shaves have improved massively.

On this thread 2 weeks ago had i choice Fusion razor and fusion gel.

Now 2 razors + 2 in the post
4 choices of soap and 1 cream
only 1 brush + on list for the next Fido brush
1 balm
9 makes of blades to try total of 95

So in just 2 weeks have used 2 different razors and 2 types of blades
1 cream and 2 types of soap

How can this have happened so fast I think I am a lost sole already. !!!! :hungrig

man of leisure wrote
On this thread 2 weeks ago had i choice Fusion razor and fusion gel.

Now 2 razors + 2 in the post
4 choices of soap and 1 cream
only 1 brush + on list for the next Fido brush
1 balm
9 makes of blades to try total of 95

So in just 2 weeks have used 2 different razors and 2 types of blades
1 cream and 2 types of soap

How can this have happened so fast I think I am a lost sole already. !!!! :hungrig
There is too much temptation on here MOL especially on the BST thread.

Yes, I can imagine there are some people with all sorts of bath products. The massive variety Lush offer for example must entice some to stock up on all sorts of different smellies. But what about teeth? I wonder if there are folk who have ten or more different toothpastes, a few brushes and a variety of floss to bamboozle them each morning. Reminds me of a certain dental forum that was set up in the days of CONUK: fluorideandfloss.co.uk or something like that!

We are a bunch of enablers so don't look to us for helping stopping the acquisition disorder. Rather we will help you rationalise and disguise it.

Going forward your main hurdle is setting out a storage plan that convinces yourself it is not too much, many of us break the stash into two or three places and it looks perfectly normal to us ;)

Audiolab said:
Going forward your main hurdle is setting out a storage plan that convinces yourself it is not too much, many of us break the stash into two or three places and it looks perfectly normal to us ;)

Yep that's true. I think Sunbury stores his 'overflow' stash here:

very-large-warehouse.jpg

Pig Cat said:
Audiolab said:

Yep that's true. I think Sunbury stores his 'overflow' stash here:

very-large-warehouse.jpg

That's not all of his overflow! - it's just his secondary storage area. I think that's still where he puts the stuff that will make it into the primary rotation, as and when his 1st string stash runs out.

• Then there should be the larger tertiary storage site for stuff to 'audition' and to re-assess the allocation of shave products. As well as those, I read that there are smaller sites to keep "things to PIF" and "things to sell on".
    • Brushes are warehoused - in a row of 9+ terrace houses - by type and grade of knot. From what I last heard, the top half of 1 in 3 buildings over 10 storeys tall are used for cleaning and storage of his razors.
      • It used to be every one in two buildings over 8 storeys tall, but he's cleared a lot of stash to make his G-F believe he has almost no shaving kit and/or stash left, in the hopes she'll buy him more as CrapMess prezzies.
          • He can be a right villain, our Nick the Greek can.[/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u]
                              • ;) [/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u]

scottymac said:
There is too much temptation on here MOL especially on the BST thread.
Fido said:
It will slow down. Honest.

Agree on both points, but you got in at the right time of year, not much selling on BST right now, and you missed some clearance sales that were had (Fido/Dodgy, Sunburyboy's, mine and a few others..)
So the temptation is a bit lower! :D

You will eventually settle down on something you can consider your "go to" razor.

Max

Back
Top Bottom