Too many choices!

I'm sat here thinking, what set-up to go for!

Straight or DE (and if DE which blade)
Soap or cream
Boar or Badger

Its not the 1st time and deciding what to use is starting to take as much time as shaving!

I had a bit of a dithering session this morning. I've not shaved with my straight on a workday morning, and was almost daring myself to do it!!

Saw sense, and went for the DE. I'm not good enough with the straight just yet!

Ian

Been through it myself and it is a pain in the whatsnames.

The trouble is we're spoilt for choice now with the Internet and stuff.

If all we could get was Palmolive from the local chemist to lather with our beaten up boar hair brush along with one particular type of blade to go in an old hand-me down razor we'd be as happy as pigs in . . . and we certainly wouldn't be on the internet posting about shaving.

We'd just be shaving in the morning and getting on with life.

My solution?

Pick one of everything and pack the rest away - don't throw it away but make it difficult to just grab any alternatives.

Do this for a week / month and hey presto - no dithering - no faffing about - you know what you'll be using - no stress.

Just shaving.

Earlier this year, I set aside 4 soaps/creams, 4 brushes, 4 after shaves and 4 razors. Thought I should restrain somehow the rotation 'width'.

Didn't take more than 3-4 days (i.e. couple of shaves) to abolish the 'plan'. :cool:

joe mcclaine said:
... If all we could get was Palmolive ...

• SWMBA (and possibly the Guinea Pig Pals) would be much happier, as I might not have shaved off the beard in the first place, and if I had still done that charitable act, it would have been grown back, in full, a long time gone by now.[/list:u]

joe mcclaine said:
    We'd just be shaving in the morning and getting on with life.
    • In the morning?
      • What? Everyday??
            • You'd best keep out of the sun, 'cause you're goin' mad, lad.[/list:u][/list:u] ;) [/list:u][/list:u][/list:u]

joe mcclaine said:
              My solution?

Pick one of everything and pack the rest away - don't throw it away but make it difficult to just grab any alternatives.

Do this for a week / month and hey presto - no dithering - no faffing about - you know what you'll be using - no stress.

Just shaving.
              • Not a bad solution, for them what needs it.

I like my evening/weekend shaves tremendously, as generally speaking, I don't have to rush any part of them. Therefore, not being pressed for time, I don't dither, I leisurely deliberate which esoteric ephemera, artefacts and apparatus I choose as constituents of my pogonotomystic meditative practices.
                • La-ti-da to me, & all that …[/list:u][/list:u]

hunnymonster said:
Assuming you're only planning on using one of each in each shave the calculation is simply to multiply all together so:

60 x 24 x 10 x 10 - a modest 144,000 if my mental arithmetic is working - but you didn't mention the choice of blades available...

if everyday were different that would give just shy of 4 centuries of uniqe shaves.

Edited for a slow brain!

hunnymonster said:
Assuming you're only planning on using one of each in each shave the calculation is simply to multiply all together so:

60 x 24 x 10 x 10 - a modest 144,000 if my mental arithmetic is working - but you didn't mention the choice of blades available...

5 blade choices I think - quite modest here.

Back
Top Bottom