Too many choices!

Now I remember why I slimmed down my modest stash.

I now only use one razor (but what a razor!), the Feather AS, and Feather blades. So my options are restricted to:

Brush: Men-U synthetic/New Forest 2201

Palmolive soap/Truefitt & Hill Ultimate Comfort cream/Body Shop Maca Root cream/Acca Kappa 1869 cream.

ASB's: Pecksniffs Citrus/Truefitt & Hill Ultimate Comfort/Acca Kappa 1869/Body Shop Maca Root

And a selection of aftershaves and colognes.

So the process of shaving is relatively straightforward. My default setup is the Body Shop Maca Root, which is very easy to use and with a wide sweet spot which guarantees a decent lather with relative ease. My favourite is the Acca Kappa, though. I've said before that if I never find a better combination than Acca Kappa and the Feather, I really don't care.

Regards

Ian

Fido said:
If I have 60 brushes, two dozen soaps and creams, 10 razors and the same number of after shaves, how many different combinations do I have to choose from? Is there a mathematician in the house?

I'm sure that not so long ago you said something along the lines of not being interested in collecting razors – ten seems to be something of a collection.

Mebbe it's time to start thinking about getting yourself another cabinet. :lol:

Lipsy

Lipsy said:
I'm sure that not so long ago you said something along the lines of not being interested in collecting razors – ten seems to be something of a collection.
Lipsy
Lipsy, Let me explain this to you, since you're new here.

< 10 = selection
10 < 20 = rotation
20 < 30 extended rotation
30+ collection

Hope that helps clarify things :D

So fido has a brush collection, a selection of razors, an extended rotation of creams and soap, and a selection of AS.

Max

I was, of course, taking into account the fact that Fido doesn't need much in the way of pushing when it comes to collecting things.

His post was a few hours ago, which means his rotation will already have become an extended rotation. Who knows how many razors Fido will have by the weekend… Come Christmas, he'll be opening 'Fido’s Razor Museum'. :lol:

Lipsy

I have three brushes which I rotate daily, thats the only calculated thing in the rotation. I pick a blade and use it for the next 3 or 4 shaves depending, usually picking a different razor at random for each shave.

Also at random is the soap and AS, with the soap usually providing the most trouble deciding. But most of all as mentioned by Urban Hermit above I enjoy the drama of the choice, and if I don't have time for that then I'll just grab a combination I know I can rely on.

I'm only 6 months in, so for me at least the choice is all part of the fun!

I tend to have 1 se, 1 de, 1 straight and some sort of cart/disposable in the bathroom cupboard along with a few soaps, creams, a/s etc. I roate them from the bedroom cupboard.

I rarely use the same set up twice in a row.

hunnymonster said:

Putting that in perspective - if I use a different combination every day, I have nearly 4000 years of combinations :lol:

I need to get rid of some stuff :?

Nahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

• ... you just need to live a really (really, really, really) long time.[/list:u][/list:u]

Back
Top Bottom