time to start seen all the hype cant resist

Nishy said:
You dangle the sausage infront of my face sir, unfortunately im sticking with my mach 3, so much so that I write this great review; having just had a shave with a mach 3 with haslinger ewe's milk followed by proraso green pre/post and you know what I loved it.

I fact I love shaving full stop, now why fix something that's not broken..?

Good attitude Sir, maybe you will fancy trying in the future, maybe not, but if you're enjoying your shaves and your tools work for you then keep with them. You can always give it a punt in the future can't you.

This is after all, a shaving forum, and shaving is what you're doing! I prefer my DE now, but after trying the Mach 3 again with a brush and soap, I realise that's probably the most important part of the shave, the biggest improvement.

I have to say, Nishy, I was like you - fancied trying the world of DE but didn't know where to start or even if I should bother.

Some nice people @ B&B suggested that if I wanted to try cheaply to go for a Feather Popular razor & try various blades - I bought one online with 2 Feather blades + a pack of derby extras for £14.00 inc p&p & thus armed, I tried DE for the first time last weekend (Feather blade installed).

I have to honestly say, I may have been lucky, but I immediately got a shave comparable to my trusty M3, no nicks, no weepers & even with the alum block, no stinging. Used the Feather again today & same result - bloody close to Baby Bott smooth, too.

The razor may be cheap, but it's well made, mild & the results I've had so far really make me want to take it further & look at other more expensive razors, as I could be wrong, but I think the result beats my M3

Wow Leslie sounds good having read a lot of threads on B&B I have to admit the over eagerness of articles to every soap/cream available was a slight turn off.. I could be wrong but I couldn't find a negative review on most creams and soaps.

Knowledge I have acquired from watching mantic and others, reading several shaving archives having had professional straight razor shaves and scouring eBay/amazon....I have to admit feather blades seems predominantly for the experienced! So that's a great credit to your technique and prep, again thank you for your honesty I may try DE one day. Right now I'm enjoying some sheeps milk haslinger and just about to collect from Royal Mail a proraso brush, a super fine EJ brush and a puck of MWF!

For all those who believe he notion DE or die, we'll I learned yesterday never question a woman's emotion with regards to her woman's menstrual cycle......period.

Oh and some Thayers rose and witch hazel :)

Tony yes born and bred in the UK

That's the problem with B&B - it's a great forum, but so bloody huge - you post a question, then have to trawl through pages to find if you have an answer; usual case of ask 5 people & you'll get 5 answers, all contradictory - I can only tell you my own experience which so far has been 100% positive.

Incidentally, if you want a terrific soap which is ridiculously cheap, try old-school Erasmic; lathers well, good fragrance & great shave (although I will be going for some Proraso soap myself soon)

Erasmic is a great shout currently my best shaving experience is TOBS eton college mixed with TOBS grapefruit love the fragrance and creamy shave. Whilst out getting my packages from Royal Mail I'm considering getting a tub of macca root from the body shop....same makers as most inc TOBS just a different scent

Leslie145 said:
Nishy said:
I'm considering getting a tub of macca root from the body shop....same makers as most inc TOBS just a different scent

Interesting... :-/

May trundle to the Body Shop @ lunchtime...

Did you buy the Macca? The proraso brush look like a giant amongst the other brushes on my shelf!

Didn't get chance in the end, but on the list for the weekend.

Incidentally - 3rd DE shave today - still no nicks, cuts or soreness & another great shave... No cuts yet? I must be doing something wrong

Just looked on line, BTW - the Proraso brush is a beast, isn't it?

It certainly is a beast huge loft, I'm just so impressed with my EJ super badger the reason I bought it is I love the build quality of my EJ best badger and agree with a few reviews regarding the Omega silvertip (being slightly scratchy even after several uses). However the softness whilst still having a backbone of the EJ super badger is astounding its actually softer and smoother than he silvertip!

Also with the macca may be worth getting if the body shop have the 3 for 2 offer on. I bought the musk sport and two other a/s a few weeks back good quality for
around £25 for all three

Another one I intend to try is not actually a shaving soap, but one of my favorite fragrances; a friend bought us a bar of Nag Champa soap (always use the incence, didn't know they made soap) - neither of us actually use block soap, so I thought I'd see what it's like as a shaving soap... I'll not be using the DE for that one though...

Www.scentfromheavenonline.com do a nag champa shaving soap. I'm not paid or benefitting in any way from advertising them, just had noticed it there before and she does do nice shaving soaps cheaply and haven't noticed this flavour anywhere else yet

I tend to do a big order every few months to get free postage. The muscle rub, designer-type EDT, shower gels and shampoos easily make up the numbers. And I've bought a few fragrance oils for my Ingrams creams too.

Have you tried her honey or pineapple those sound intriguing cucumber also??

Murdock also boast about a marshmallow based shaving cream, wonder if that's worth a shot

Fragrance only obviously

I have her marshmallow and honey shaving soaps and they do smell good through the wrapper. Got so much stuff to get through these have not been a priority, especially as I know the performance of these soaps from several previous purchases

Back
Top Bottom