This forum - the backgound.

I met a girl here last year. We were talking about watches and she said "if you're not going to wear it, why did you buy it then?"
Didn't know what to say really, her question was a perfectly reasonable one.

Interesting post this.

My story with all this was I found b&b first, posted a hello then came across TSR.

As soon as I joined this forum, my welcome was just great and some really funny chaps were posting on that thread. I was having trouble with a shaving cream that I bought and Posted on here. The next thing I knew I had a PM from Pig Cat offering me a PIF with some samples. I was really overwhelmed by the generosity of a stranger at that time and I thought 'this is the place for me'.

Ever since then there was no real need to post anything over on that forum and I could tell there were something going on with TSR members and b&b but never knew until now!

We have a great group of people here and I am actually discusted in how they have been treated over on that other forum. As a result, I won't be posting on there.

This forum is a real great place and I am very proud to be a part of this site.

Long live TSR!

That answers alot of questions.

I found this forum with perfect timing. I'd been researching DE shaving for about a day and found Mantic59s blog and his newest video was one thanking this site for the hamper you'd sent him.

Now i just need to find out why people hate ebay on here and what SWMBO stands for and my mission to infiltrate TSR will be complete

She Who Must Be Obeyed.

At least I can help with that bit. The eBay aversion I've no idea about, seems everyone hates it, but I notice that nearly everyone still uses it when they have to. :lol:

Might be something to do with the generosity of people on here versus the mercenary approach from some eBay vendors.

CanucksTraveller said:
She Who Must Be Obeyed.

At least I can help with that bit. The eBay aversion I've no idea about, seems everyone hates it, but I notice that nearly everyone still uses it when they have to. :lol:

Might be something to do with the generosity of people on here versus the mercenary approach from some eBay vendors.

I don't have a problem with using it as a buyer (well I DO have a problem, but that's buying too much from there), as a seller I hate how most of any sale fees are swallowed up by the extortionate ebay and paypal fees.

Yellow Jim said:
CanucksTraveller said:
She Who Must Be Obeyed.

I don't have a problem with using it as a buyer (well I DO have a problem, but that's buying too much from there), as a seller I hate how most of any sale fees are swallowed up by the extortionate ebay and paypal fees.

I have loads of problems as a buyer, almost every seller on ebay takes the micheal with postage fees to pump their own profit up, this makes me really angry, when i may get £30 worth of stuff and postage is £20.

cozzyb said:
Yellow Jim said:
CanucksTraveller said:
She Who Must Be Obeyed.

I have loads of problems as a buyer, almost every seller on ebay takes the micheal with postage fees to pump their own profit up, this makes me really angry, when i may get £30 worth of stuff and postage is £20.

Well that's a problem that's easily fixed, don't buy from those sellers.

Back
Top Bottom