The workshop

I'm using an existing buried armoured cable for the power, no water or waste services though, just as well or my better half would never see me

That's kinda what I'm walking around! She doesn't actually need to see you, does she, as long as she knows you're safe in there? No need to come out - 24/7 handle turning - so you will need all services, after all!

I'd quite forgotten you are building on a brown field site! Just happen to have a power cable under the lawn - every garden should have one!

Only because I put it down there about 12 years ago, there's been a patio and the lawn laid over it now. Good job I over rated it and had extra cores in case one should fail.

Todays progress report.
Window is in, lintels are on and only the last course to lay before the roof work starts.
I have all the timber I need and all of the fixings.
Just need some half decent weather now !
[attachment=10031]

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1395872998800.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1395872998800.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 69
Stupendous stuff! It's all very impressive and makes me feel old and inadequate. A little pole of earth leaning against the wall made me wonder did you bother with a dpc - I suppose one is necessary in a workshop. Are you building in flood defences, too?

Fingers crossed for good weather!

Made some progress since my last post, half decent weather has helped, thanks for that pjgh !
It's now waterproof, hopefully get some roof sheets on over the next couple of days but it's getting there now.
[attachment=10077]

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1396303096578.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1396303096578.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 55
Oh! my goodness! My impressionable part gets ever more impressed with you and your workshop, Iain! That is fantastic work! My smack is well and truly flabbered!

I'll give up asking silly questions about the lathe being in .... and instead ask what colour and you going to paint the outside? (We all know fine well she won't tolerate a big grey thing at the bottom of the garden for long!) How about the inside?

Well the roof is on, the trims will be done later.
Carl, either brick red or a forest green I think, the inside can stay as is.
Glad that I can work inside now, the lawn resembles a swamp at the moment what with the rain last night and me trawling all over it.

[attachment=10079]

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1396354878517.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1396354878517.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 44
I'll keep my next silly building question to myself and look at photos in day or two - try not to show my ignorance too much! As my oppo says, "You just don't get building, do you?"

Well it's been a few weeks and I've been at work a lot but have made progress.
The floor is laid, door is on, electrics mostly done, fascias and soffits mostly done and I've moved some gear in.
Still need to make a bench, fit more sockets, fit the fascia end trims, fit guttering, fix the skirting boards and get some storage in.
Hoping to get the lathe and mill up and running for next week.
I'm over budget by about £600 but it's well worth it.
[attachment=10180]
[attachment=10181]

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1397586328106.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1397586328106.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 90
  • uploadfromtaptalk1397586360521.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1397586360521.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 96
Back
Top Bottom