The visit of Pope Bendydick

So Ratzenburger will be talking to victims of church-related child abuse? That's all they need: their arses have been fucked, now their minds are going to be screwed.

What is he thinking? Unless he's mistaking 'prolapsed' Catholics for 'lapsed'.

I must admit at being somewhat bemused by all the hysteria surrounding his visit. The only conclusion that I can reach, is that somebody, somewhere, is making a lot of money from it.

I'm with Stephen Fry on this one. It's nice for the poeple that like him, and I have nothing against that, but he's being treated like a head of state, when really, he isn't.

Ian

IanM said:
I must admit at being somewhat bemused by all the hysteria surrounding his visit. The only conclusion that I can reach, is that somebody, somewhere, is making a lot of money from it.

I'm with Stephen Fry on this one. It's nice for the poeple that like him, and I have nothing against that, but he's being treated like a head of state, when really, he isn't.

Ian

Well, formally, he is. The pope, beside having some say in church matters, is official head of state of Vatican City, which is an official state, like Liechtenstein, Andorra, or Monaco... They even have their own Euro coins.

I like some of the souvenirs... particularly this:

l_benedictaphone.jpg

Nope - not a Pope on a Rope, that's below.... it's your very own Pope-shaped voice recorder - a Benedictaphone!

863516F664CC47CAA9366D7F7BFDAB67.ashx

Pope on a Rope Soap

There's a saying that you should never discuss religion or politics in polite company. Given that I don't want to spend the rest of the day typing in this thread I'm going to refrain from posting any comments about Herr Nazinburger.

I just have a simple message for anyone making a speech having just listened to the Pope. If speaking in a foreign language, take it a bit slower than normal. Then someone might just stand a chance of understanding what you are saying. Rattle through it at normal speed and they don't have a chance. I hope someone gives him some advice before he makes another set piece speech.

Flatfish said:
What I can't understand is why I am having to pay for his visit. He's not my leader. Jesus Christ is my leader and what Jesus did for me he did it for free.

Never mind that Kristian - according to Mr Ratzinger, you're actually the lowest of the low because you don't take his cult's direction.

The Vatican has dealt a blow to Catholic-Protestant relations by reaffirming its doubts about the validity of Protestant churches and by officially ordering Catholic bishops not to use the term "sister churches" in reference to them. An official "note" by Cardinal Joseph Ratzinger, prefect of the Vatican's Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith, warns that describing Protestant churches as "sister churches" can cause "ambiguities."

Another document, Dominus Iesus: On the Unicity and Salvific Universality of Jesus Christ and the Church, also published today by the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith, declares that churches that do not have a "valid Episcopate [bishops] and the genuine and integral substance of the Eucharistic mystery are not Churches in the proper sense."

Dermot O'Logical said:
We are a Third World country. At least, according to one of his Cardinals.

While the Holy See is away, his Cardinals will play...with choirboys.

On a more serious note, I find the Ratzinger's Popemobile disturbingly similar to an ice-cream van. Especially the 'Watch out for children' sign on the back of it.

Even more disturbing is the pope's decision to take the whole UK Tour thing to the next level. Apparently he's hired Gary Glitter and Pete Townsend as support acts already.

:?

Naked Ape said:
Dermot O'Logical said:
We are a Third World country. At least, according to one of his Cardinals.

While the Holy See is away, his Cardinals will play...with choirboys.

On a more serious note, I find the Ratzinger's Popemobile disturbingly similar to an ice-cream van. Especially the 'Watch out for children' sign on the back of it.

Even more disturbing is the pope's decision to take the whole UK Tour thing to the next level. Apparently he's hired Gary Glitter and Pete Townsend as support acts already.

:?

It has 3" bulletproof glass apparently; now that's what I call faith. ;-)

Back
Top Bottom