The Shaving Room "Where are you map"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I once went to Wigan on a "big night out" and part way through we stopped off at a chippy... Not being a fish-eater (it gives me dry boak and blisters where I touch it) I ordered a pie & chips. The operative said "would you like batter on that?". Expecting to get crispy bits of batter accompanying, I answered in the affirmative. She then took the pie out of the pie warmer, dipped it in batter and dropped it in the fryer!

My face was apparently a picture of amazement.

That's why they are called pie eaters, I live down the road (well the M6) what about warrington easy access off the M6.

slimjim5751 said:
That's why they are called pie eaters, I live down the road (well the M6) what about warrington easy access off the M6.

What's really quite funny is that I shared a flat at university with a guy from St. Helens & a guy from Wigan and the "placca Scouser" sidled up to me not long after we'd all moved in and said "you know Mike's from Wiggin.... they eat pies".

As someone from more than 20 miles away from both, I can tell you that culturally both looked pretty damn similar to me - of course saying such a thing in earshot of either/both of them was likely to provoke heated debate :D I'm also pretty sure that Greggs the bakers (formerly known as Greggs of Gosforth before they went intergalactic) sell plenty of pies to native St. Helenites and not just Wiganese tourists.

IanM said:
I've often wondered what happens when people from shaving forums meet. I always imagined middle-aged men standing around and looking at each others faces. Quite alarming, actually.

Ian

Hey who are you calling middle aged??? :eek:

antdad said:
Ah...so it was brothers that set off the famous transatlantic Swede rush in 2009, just add some lemonade to that beer or lager and you'll have yourself a shandy.

Shandy drinker is also used as a derogatory term used by Northerner's against Southerner's because of it's low alcohol content so is seen as a drink for the ladies.

I prefer mine over ice with a shot of blackcurrant. ;)

Oh, no, it wasn't me! Call me selfish if you want, but I kind of like keeping the good stuff to myself for some twisted reason. At least until I've secured my own position.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom