The Shaving Room "Where are you map"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good point. I suppose sometimes it just feels like the middle of nowhere as many of our friends and family are scattered far and wide and it seems to take ages to visit them. We live in a small village in a rural area, but do have the A14 to take us here and there. Bury St. Edmunds is less than half an hour away, as is Ipswich. Stowmarket is just down the road, but the less said about that place the better. Perhaps I should change my wording? :?

Looks like Ive had a "senior moment"; have I put myself on the map twice?

I apologise if I have and can someone remove one of me, if you know what I mean...

Thanks Rousey

I had a quick check and I can only see you once. You should be able to delete your own markers but any troubles shoot me a PM in case I miss the response on this thread.

24 now, interesting spread of peoples locations.

Reading the manual a bit more carefully it gives users one hour to delete or corrrect their own markers. I tried to find a way to permanently enable user editing but no joy.

What marker do you want deleted? The Mohican guy or the guy with the sunglasses (or both)?

I tested this with two different computers and there is no way to allow users to edit their tags permanently, it allows you to edit for one hour and then locks the pin.

Thinking about this I guess this is because it does not require a username and password to place a pin. Because of this lack of identification there is no way for the map to know which tag is yours when you go back because your IP can change etc.

Ha Ha!! You'll have to get your new convert to join the forum. You'll then have one more member than there is in East Anglia last time I looked. But perhaps that might be just one step too far for him to go? :D

Edit: Just checked and there is Atomic near Braintree and Fatboy further south in a place that could be East Anglia but I'm not sure. We have got a rather low population compared to most other parts of the country so that would explain our low representation I suppose. Plus Norfolk hasn't yet got the internet of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom