The Mongoose

Tall_Paul said:
Gah. Can't make up my mind about the finish.

I prefer the mirror look, but am worried about the 'fragility' bit of it (particularly as I'm cack handed).

I went for the mirror finish as you can re-polish a mirror finish but if you damage the satin one it would not be so easy. Plus they are milled stainless steel so they sould be ok, my Darwin made in the '20's still shines like new.........:icon_razz:

Blimey, its me old mate hissingskunk,
So Steve, what kind of shave are you expecting or do you still not have any idea? I would expect you to end up liking it quite a bit but who knows. I have seen lots of very positive reviews but didn't see much comparing injectors and DEs.

Marv
[/quote]

Hi Marv, I am hoping for a shave close (ish) to an injector/straight hybrid. But it is very uncharted waters for me but it predecessor the cobra seemed to go down well.
Plus I like the design of this one and the fact you can choose your own handle to use with it makes a big difference. As I found out shifting the balance of a razor can change it from being a good efficient razor to a blood letting horror.
But we will see and I will give you a shout as to how I get on.

I missed the boat and didn't hear about this razor until now. I am very interested to here what everyone thinks... Looks good!

Hope you all like it!

Went for the satin head only.

Don't like any of the handles. The one offered with the satin head looks polished rather than satin.

Fortunately, my favourite handle is the old Ikon OSS handle which would match the head perfectly.

Back
Top Bottom