Supply provision revised SE razor

26c43167f7f2774b3298fa94ff654330.jpeg

Yes a long time coming. I was a kickstarter backer who opted to wait for v2. Looks brilliant. Packaging is very like apple products. Finish on inside of head isn't perfect. Bit of a faff loading it as per the instructions. I'll have to watch some YouTube videos. Already dropped the screw once so a spare would have been useful. Hoping it shaves as well as it looks and the loading gets easier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tried it out today with the two-dot plate. I had a bit of initial difficulty injecting the blade. I loaded one and immediately loaded another in approved injector manner. I found that the second blade wanted to inject over the top of the first and wouldn't push the first out. A bit of horsing around suggested that this was some artefact of the machine oil residue on the blades and it seems OK now.

Well! I need a mild razor or I turn into a living red blotch but this is the mildest thing I've ever used. I really felt that nothing was happening. I persevered through the shave and found that it HAD happened. I got a nice, irritation-free DFS but still hadn't felt anything. Strange effect - but it did the job.

Tomorrow I'll have a go with the three-dot plate. Maybe I'll feel the shaving in progress!

Tried it out today with the two-dot plate. I had a bit of initial difficulty injecting the blade. I loaded one and immediately loaded another in approved injector manner. I found that the second blade wanted to inject over the top of the first and wouldn't push the first out. A bit of horsing around suggested that this was some artefact of the machine oil residue on the blades and it seems OK now.

Well! I need a mild razor or I turn into a living red blotch but this is the mildest thing I've ever used. I really felt that nothing was happening. I persevered through the shave and found that it HAD happened. I got a nice, irritation-free DFS but still hadn't felt anything. Strange effect - but it did the job.

Tomorrow I'll have a go with the three-dot plate. Maybe I'll feel the shaving in progress!
Sounds good to me, pleased you are happy with your purchase, have you anything to say regarding finnish and fit....packaging ect. Just impatiant really :)

Sounds good to me, pleased you are happy with your purchase, have you anything to say regarding finnish and fit....packaging ect. Just impatiant really :)
Overall impression is excellent. Packaging well thought out and enhances the overall impression. Razor is compact and sits well in the hand. Standard of finish is high. I would give this razor as a gift as well as being happy with it for myself.

Overall impression is excellent. Packaging well thought out and enhances the overall impression. Razor is compact and sits well in the hand. Standard of finish is high. I would give this razor as a gift as well as being happy with it for myself.
It will be interesting to see if the finnish differs from the v1 and if there are other changes that can be seen, I do like the look of the new packaging , very smart. One thing I've noticed is the dots on the plates seem to be deeper, only a small thing I know but something I noticed.

It will be interesting to see if the finnish differs from the v1 and if there are other changes that can be seen, I do like the look of the new packaging , very smart. One thing I've noticed is the dots on the plates seem to be deeper, only a small thing I know but something I noticed.

I believe all the v1 base plates ended up being CNC machined (due to issues w/ an early batch of cast ones if memory serves me right). I believe, once again, that all the v2 base plates are cast.

I used Chinese Schicks rather than the supplied Personnas and the load is nowhere near as easy as vintage injectors with which I have lots of experience. Although I ascribed the load issue to the presence of machine oil, I was not able to see clearly why the second blade tended to overlap the first. Time will tell.

Back
Top Bottom