Supply provision revised SE razor

Any new news? Did they talking that will start delivering this week?

Poslano sa mog EVA-L19 koristeći Tapatalk
The last I heard was that they would be receiving the razors on the 21st Nov then they will inspect and then send them on to us. The next email we will get should be the shipment confirmation. So anytime soon. :)

The latest from the website:

https://getsupply.com/blogs/journal/so-close-we-can-taste-it

At this time, we anticipate deliveries to begin the week of Monday, November 21st. As always, this may flex a bit based on how things progress, but all the hard parts are behind us. All the razors have been manufactured and are currently undergoing final CNC and polish. After that, it's packaging, inspection, and off to you!

Fingers crossed!

I like injectors, but what pushes me back about this one is that one has to buy the three plates and throw away the two that are not satisfying.
With respect, I would have thought the fact that you can change the setting to your liking is far better than buying an injector razor that has no adjustment at all. You can however buy this razor with the one plate only if that is your wish, the plate you get is the middle plate.

Yes but what if it doesn't suit my face?
That's why three plates are offered, you would probably stick with one one plate most of the time but if you had not shaved for a few days you could put the 3 dot plate in or if your skin is sensitive for some reason you could use the 1 dot plate, this is the beauty of this system you have a choice.

With respect, I would have thought the fact that you can change the setting to your liking is far better than buying an injector razor that has no adjustment at all. You can however buy this razor with the one plate only if that is your wish, the plate you get is the middle plate.

This ^^^^. Oh, and this ^^^^ again.

What we have is the first modern injector razor produced in a long time, out of stainless steel no less. Then couple the fact with the versatility of adjustable plates. This is the closest thing to innovation in a razor that we have seen in some time.

Nobody complains about the Rockwell having having three plates, or ATT having three (basic).

Without even trying it I can tell you that I will be using the most aggressive plate. Even if I would have had the choice to buy just that plate, for the twenty-ish more dollars I still would have bought all three. When this razor gets passed down, and it will, who knows which plate the people after me would choose.

Give them some time to get their feet on the ground and get this out there to people. There will be more purchasing options to come.

I find that, with all my "adjustable" razors (Merkurs, Gillettes, Rockwell, Single Edge, Timeless), different settings and plates will give me different, yet satisfactory, results. These depend on endless permutations of blades, soaps, bristliness etc.

That's why I bought the set of plates for Single Edge and Rockwell, and the differently gapped Timeless baseplates. In my book, half the fun is changing things around and experimenting.

@PickledNorthern makes an excellent point about giving options to future owners of the hardware as to how they may wish to use it.

I do use the different plates on my Rockwell, and did use different ATT's all the time. It would be awesome if the Supply #3 plate is aggressive enough that I will ever use either of the others. Judging from the reports on v1, I expect not. I already have a dozen or so other injectors I rotate through and most of those qualify as mild shavers. Hopefully, once they get caught up, we will see four or even five plates. I would love to have an injector that could eat my face. [emoji1]

Back
Top Bottom