Supermax Super stainless Blade

fatboyslimfast said:
And they have arrived... Bless'em, it cost them nearly a fiver for postage, so it actually only cost £11 for 700 blades, 2 tubes of shave cream, 2 shavettes and 2 nice plastic boxes to keep them all in.!

Now, do I dare have a go at the shavette?

6817866194_ac27f41dd6_z.jpg

I think the shavette is good. i use mine 2 or 3 times week...worth a go, but take lots of time and care...very rewarding when you get it right.

oooo massive of haul of cheap blades.
Cheap as chips.
Or blades in this case. Best of luck with the shavette.
I gave mine away. My regular supermax blades are OK still. If you were going to DE to save money (Har de hardy har har!!) this would be route to go!
Cheers,
Slick.

Interesting, these SuperMax blades are yet another variation to the ones I've seen.
The ones listed on eBay, with the blue package, and the ones that I have with the yellow/green pack.

Garbe - it seems in order of quality (low-high), it goes:
Blue / Blue/Orange Super Stainless
Green/Yellow Super Stainless = BlueDiamond Titanium
Super Platinum

So at the current price for the box the BlueDiamonds seem very good value.

I had a quick 2-pass this morning (bit pushed for time) with the BlueDiamond in my red-tip. Initial impressions were good - quite sharp and very little tugging. Better than the stainless certainly, but not quite up to the AstraSP. It also sounded a little "louder" than the stainless if that makes sense - a little more resonant when cutting through the stubble.

Not overly impressed with the shave cream though. I used the same amount on the brush as I would have with the palmolive cream (as a comparison really - I normally use the stick) and face lathered as normal, but only got about half as much lather as the palmolive and it felt less cushioning.

So inital view is 7/10 for the blade, probably 4/10 for the cream. For comparision, I would give the SM Stainless a 5/10 and the Astra a 9/10. Can't comment on longevity yet, but have a gut feeling it's going to be at least a 5-shaver.

I haven't been brave enough to try the shavette yet...

Oh - and they have just dropped the price further, now £6.99 per box. So 2p per blade. :)

Back
Top Bottom