Supermax Super stainless Blade

I found the SuperMax blue to be awful in my Tech - really tuggy.

However, it was surprisingly competent in my red-tip SS. It gives me about 3-4 good-enough-for-work shaves out of each blade.

The blues are now coming in a blue/orange packaging, and shave the same as the blues. Same £6 for 200 as well.

I have just ordered a few (oh, alright, 700) of the Blue Diamonds, as the uk importer has the "barber pack" which consists of 350 blades, a cut-throat type DE-holder and a tube of shave cream for £7.99. Although annoyingly your order has to be at least £8, so I bought two. Will let you guys know what they are like when they arrive.

fatboyslimfast said:
I have just ordered a few (oh, alright, 700) of the Blue Diamonds, as the uk importer has the "barber pack" which consists of 350 blades, a cut-throat type DE-holder and a tube of shave cream for £7.99. Although annoyingly your order has to be at least £8, so I bought two. Will let you guys know what they are like when they arrive.

There surprisingly good actually,i can get 2 3 pass shaves out of 1 of those blades, but where did you get that pack at that price because i paid £12.90 for one pack :icon_cry2:.

To chg the topic, a little, to the high priced spread... Feathers. Usually don't buy many but noticed today that there are TWO? the Yellow pack and the Black pack? What's the difference? Alway used the yellow before.

Johnus said:
To chg the topic, a little, to the high priced spread... Feathers. Usually don't buy many but noticed today that there are TWO? the Yellow pack and the Black pack? What's the difference? Alway used the yellow before.

Black is for the Asian market, Yellow USA/EU. There used to be 5 blades in black pack and 10 in a Yellow, but that is 10 both now.

Hmm, feathers. Now they are kept for *special* best, if there is such a thing. Birthdays & Christmas ;)

I'd noticed that the black feathers don't mention the platinum coating anywhere, but posts on other forums seem to suggest they are the same blades...

In fact, so does this!
4498285.jpg

fatboyslimfast said:
I can't post a link but if you google supermax world and then click the uk store button, and then grooming aids, you should find them.

Cheers for that fella.

Feathers now there is a blade that annoys me, flipping 1 shave wonders for me and there £4 + for 10, after 1 shave there useless and have gone blunt on my whiskers and i have tried about 4 packs of them all the same, way too dear for what i get from them :icon_sad:.

fatboyslimfast said:
I can't post a link but if you google supermax world and then click the uk store button, and then grooming aids, you should find them.

They are normally £12.99 but are on offer at the mo, hence why I stocked up!

I still prefer my Astra SPs to the SM Blues, but can now keep the SPs for best!

12.99 is a lot for supermax blades( could not find the site you mentioned to be honest did no try that hard but still I tried)

5.99 for 200 off ebay

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/200-SUPERMAX-DOUBLE-EDGE-SAFETY-RAZOR-CUT-THROAT-BLADES-/300597089262?pt=UK_Health_HairRemoval_RL&hash=item45fcfb93ee#ht_500wt_1054

someone gave me the supermax to try & i had a really good couple of shaves from each blade, then they blunted.

but at 3p each that's still great value, and great for your lady if she has a de razor, and doesnt have to tidy her bits n bobs as often as we do :)

Yeah, I can eek out 4 shaves (stuck to a single side as a test - two shaves max per side), so 0.75p a shave. Astras cost me 8p a blade and I get 6 shaves out of them, so 1.3p a shave. Still not earth-shatteringly expensive I'll grant you, but for absolute cheapness the supermaxes win.

However, I'm interested to see how well the 2.3p Blue Diamonds do. I'm hoping they at least match the stainless blades as I've just bought 700 of the blighters ;)

Back
Top Bottom