Supermax Super stainless Blade

images

Well I've often seen these for sale.
Cheap as chips.
So I've tried a few razors and now time to try a few blades. I usually plump for something Russian, Gillettes, Super Iridium, Rapira, Astras all of which work really well for me. Oh I also like the Indian Gillettes like the Wilkinson sword saloon packs.

So I had a peek a into my blade stash and didn't realise I had these...
So locked and loaded into the #16, which gives me lots of feedback and is a beaut to use.
Two passes with bit of tidy up up under the chin.

Not a bad shave at all. No irritation of redness or cuts or weepers. Not as close as a Gillette but for the money closer for me than say a shark.
I could feel a little tugging but nothing untoward. Feels like a Gillette after day three. Comfy but you tell its been used. Some blades like the gillette bleus irritate the heck out of me for some reason.
So a decent cutting blade and easy to use.
Good value for money as these are CHEAP!
Cheers,
Tim

Slick said:
images

Well I've often seen these for sale.
Cheap as chips.
So I've tried a few razors and now time to try a few blades. I usually plump for something Russian, Gillettes, Super Iridium, Rapira, Astras all of which work really well for me. Oh I also like the Indian Gillettes like the Wilkinson sword saloon packs.

So I had a peek a into my blade stash and didn't realise I had these...
So locked and loaded into the #16, which gives me lots of feedback and is a beaut to use.
Two passes with bit of tidy up up under the chin.

Not a bad shave at all. No irritation of redness or cuts or weepers. Not as close as a Gillette but for the money closer for me than say a shark. So a decent cutting blade and easy to use.
Good value for money as these are CHEAP!
Cheers,
Tim

I use em now and then...no complaints so far

I got these to try as they were cheap as chips, however, I hated them, lots of pulling and tugging. they just felt blunt. I have a thick ish beard and usually prefer a sharp blade. The remaining 190 were piffed on.

Garbe said:
I got these to try as they were cheap as chips, however, I hated them, lots of pulling and tugging. they just felt blunt. I have a thick ish beard and usually prefer a sharp blade. The remaining 190 were piffed on.

You persevered longer than me i'm down to 197 had enough after trying three, i would pif em but i doubt if there would be any takers

Ah no love of the Supermax?

I shall try hand stropping tomorrow and see if that does anything.
I am not a think beardy type so maybe there's the difference...
See ya,
Timbo

press said:
Garbe said:

You persevered longer than me i'm down to 197 had enough after trying three, i would pif em but i doubt if there would be any takers
Nope, still got 6 or 7 left, gave away the sealed packets.

Hi guys
used again this morning with a lighter cream, Erasmic in a tube. An old fashioned smell.
Two passes and a third under the chinny chin chin.
I did palm strop the blade.
Much the same result. A clean irritation free shave. Not too much tugging and pulling.
Finish was a grade B I guess! But acceptable none the less.
By bed time last night it felt like the next mornings stubble already!!
The thing I do like about these blades is that they although they are mild I think they would be god for someone just starting out or maybe someone prone to razor rash. I have no hint of any burn whatever. And actually it feels good not to be going as close as possible all the time. It's like having a day off but with a shave!!
Catch you on the flip flop,
Slicktim.

I quite like them in my 34c. I've just tried a Supermax platinum I got as a freebie from a TSR member with something a while back, and it feels quite aggressive, though the shave isn't that close. Think I'll stick with the stainless version.

I tend to agree with you on your blade choices. It's alway a pleasant surprise when you find inexpensive blades that work so well. Used a RAPIRA this morning. For 8 cents a blade, you can't go wrong!

Johnus said:
I tend to agree with you on your blade choices. It's alway a pleasant surprise when you find inexpensive blades that work so well. Used a RAPIRA this morning. For 8 cents a blade, you can't go wrong!

Which rapira? Not the ones with the pink/blue wrapper, as I found those awful.

No the RAPIRA that I have are in a red/white/blue box and wrapper and say RAPIRA Swedish Supersteel. Believe they were 8$ per100 delivered. So they're not bad.

Rapira work for me as well.

I've got some Supermax and i think they worked out at 2.5p a blade so even if i only get one shave out of each blade, still cheap as.

Back
Top Bottom