SuperMax Shaving Cream

I was at Bishop Auckland yesterday and called in Poundland. In with the shaving gear was a shaving cream I have never heard of SuperMax Ultimate 3. £1 for a 100g tube made in Bulgaria.
I thought i will give it a try. I normally use Erasmic or Palmolive Creams.
A great shave, creamy and slick, the razor just slid around my face. This is a nice cream.Menthol is mentioned in the ingredients but I could not detect it.
Worth a try you may like it.

I fancy I may have brought something from SuperMax when I was in Bulgaria about 18 months ago - nothing I bought was more than 2Lev (EUR1) and whilst none of it had a memorable scent, it all performed well enough (at least as well as Palmolive cream, mostly better)

I like the Supermax cream too. I've used it every day since I bought it, and I've bought another tube since I like it so much. Excellent stuff for a quid!

Old Bill said:
I was at Bishop Auckland yesterday and called in Poundland. In with the shaving gear was a shaving cream I have never heard of SuperMax Ultimate 3. £1 for a 100g tube made in Bulgaria.
A great shave, creamy and slick, the razor just slid around my face. This is a nice cream.Menthol is mentioned in the ingredients but I could not detect it.

Pete~ said:
Its pretty good! They do the real shaving company stuff too for £1 =]

i have found both of these brilliant value for a quid each, so much so that ive got far too much of the stuff, just like everything else we just have to have with shaving :)
rick.

Old Bill said:

I picked up a couple of tubes a few weeks back. Not used it yet due to an abundance of other stuff. I think it's time to give it a run out.

Gave mine a run out for the first time this morning - along with a Super-Max Blue Diamond blade. Excellent shave cream and a not bad at all blade. I'll spice the shave cream with a couple of drops of menthol next time.

Bechet45 said:
Gave mine a run out for the first time this morning - along with a Super-Max Blue Diamond blade. Excellent shave cream and a not bad at all blade. I'll spice the shave cream with a couple of drops of menthol next time.

Glad you liked it Bechet 45 and the recommendation paid off.
A bit of a bargain considering the price for cream/blade.

Good idea with the menthol.

A - W said:
Bechet45 said:

Glad you liked it Bechet 45 and the recommendation paid off.
A bit of a bargain considering the price for cream/blade.

Good idea with the menthol.

Totally! Thanks to you and FBSF I'm well set. Matter of fact, the Blue Diamond blade took care of the hard-to-get-smooth patches either side of my Adam's Apple without me even trying. Thought them/it a bit draggy on the first pass but merely slowing down took care of that. The lather was thick, wet and gloopy so no doubt that helped a lot. And at £6.99 for 350 blades and a tube of cream - shavette went straight into the bin - there is not a lot to whinge about! Great heads up, thanks!

NotTheStig said:
I'm surprised how many people like it. I thought it foamed up but didn't offer much protection. Maybe I should revisit it.

Hi NTS
Not teaching you to suck eggs mucker, I put a peanut sized blob into to middle of my brushes knot, face lathered till a dryish 'paste' was formed, added water, fair bit actually, and there was a lather explosion. I have very soft water, but the rest of the brethern seem to be having similar results.
Sometimes it is just horses for courses. MWF soap and me? NO!

Wil said:
Bechet45 said:
- shavette went straight into the bin -

Might be a pity. I have been using a shavette for the last few months, and quite like it.

Not a pity! I have a Feather and a Kai shavette and, trust me on this, the S-M shavette didn't even make it into the 'cheap tin tray' class. Apart from which, I have NO intention of taking up razor blade snapping as a new hobby! Each to their own, though, Wil - glad you are getting on with yours.

rangers62 said:
NotTheStig said:
I'm surprised how many people like it. I thought it foamed up but didn't offer much protection. Maybe I should revisit it.

Hi NTS
Not teaching you to suck eggs mucker, I put a peanut sized blob into to middle of my brushes knot, face lathered till a dryish 'paste' was formed, added water, fair bit actually, and there was a lather explosion. I have very soft water, but the rest of the brethern seem to be having similar results.
Sometimes it is just horses for courses. MWF soap and me? NO!
I only used it once which might have a lot to do with it. But with Palmolive cream it just, sort of, works.
I will give it another go - only seems fair given some of the positive reviews here.

Bought a tube yesterday - used it for the first time this morning.
Not really used to creams anymore, used too much water and finished a wee bit :mad: but still got a shave.
Will do better tomorrow.
(Note to self - only use unfamiliar products when one is at leisure)

Back
Top Bottom