Super Smooth V2 Testers needed

Omg! Just as I am reaching the end of round 1, what should the postman bring this morning, but round 2, and in stereo too! Thank you Darren for the samples of Lemon Cool, and Russian Leather. I am looking forward to giving both of these a run out over the weekend. Feedback to follow.

Thank you again.

Just got my samples, thanks Darron. Also had a Doh! moment as I ordered two of the 1912 soaps on Saturday and wondered why they're not here yet. Then just realised it was pre-order, Doh! I also forgot to use discount code.

Last edited:
This is why I love Wickham soaps. You forgot the code but fox is sorting it anyway. Awesome.

In other news I received samples today too. I was so excited at the lemon menthol idea and on first sniff (without water) I detected citronella. I'm looking forward to seeing it with water to see if the menthol or the lemon dominates.
The Russian leather is bang on. Perfectly fresh, soapy smell (unsurprisingly). It's a triumph.
I'll post my review of the performance tomorrow

Reactions: Fox
Got the two samples also in the post today. Will try the lemon tomorrow
On initial sniff test of both

Lemon ice has a robust smell. Not a natural lemon. More synthetic. It reminds me of something but I can't quite remember what. Maybe a boiled sweet lemon. Can smell the menthol too
Looking forward to testing this one

The Russian Leather - I get mainly a soapy smell with some floral. Scent wise not as robust as the lemon but fresh and clean. I honestly can't recall the smell of imperial leather soap so can't say how close the scent is to it

Received mine too....
Initial smell, Lemon seemed week, RL a little stronger.
Shave 1 Russian Leather:
a large Pea sized lump scooped out and lather up so so easily, enough for 2 shaves... The scent was really nice and came alive in the bowl. It smelled much like Old Spice to my untrained sniffer... Lovely and slick, but again not as cushioned or as much protection as my benchmark Haslinger. Post shave feel is still a winner though. No need for any Moisturiser.
One thing though the lather did tingle slightly when applied. I get this occasionally though - Arran Arromatics Bay Citrus does this to me all the time!

Last edited:
Received mine too....
Initial smell, Lemon seemed week, RL a little stronger.
Shave 1:
a large Pea sized lump scooped out and lather up so so easily, enough for 2 shaves... The scent was really nice and came alive in the bowl. It smelled much like Old Spice to my untrained sniffer... Lovely and slick, but again not as cushioned or as much protection as my benchmark Haslinger. Post shave feel is still a winner though. No need for any Moisturiser.
One thing though the lather did tingle slightly when applied. I get this occasionally though - Arran Arromatics Bay Citrus does this to me all the time!
Which one did you try? The menthol one I could understand the tingle, but I get from your post it was the Russian Leather??

Yeah, sorry the Russian Leather...

Lee it shouldn't of done this as the fragrance has been tested as an allergen free fragrance. Maybe give your samples a day or two to cure a bit more. I did give them 4 days but you maybe a bit sensitive, I have made a note to increase this 6 days.

No problems @Fox, I think it just depends what mood my face is in.:D MWF has tingled once or twice but normally doesn't. My Arran Aromatics I used straight for a fortnight, no issues, then I revisited a few week later and it tingled:confused:

Wow, that was a very different experience from the last sample!

For the scent, I had a smell of both. The Russian Leather has a lovely scent, not overpowering at all, but very clear. My missus had a quick sniff and immediately said it was Imperial Leather. The Lemon was a bit odd, though. I think I'm with cruciate on citronella, it's a bit like a candle used to keep insects away! So I went with the Russian Leather today.

I've used a Vulfix 404 and a Yuma razor with a Gillette 365 blade. The Yuma's quite an aggressive razor.

The soap lathered up quite easily, taking on quite a bit of water. I did 4 passes and the lather was completely stable. I don't normally do that, but it was going well, so why not, eh?

There's a thread here about rinsing between passes. I always do that and the rinse after the 1st pass tells me a lot about the soap. It's got to be fairly bad to drag at all on the 1st pass (WTG), but when I rinse I can feel how well it glides. The 2nd pass (XTG) can drag quite a bit on my cheeks. The was fantastic, with plenty of glide.

Protection as well was excellent. After the other test, I had quite a bit of redness and the alum block stung. This time there was no redness and only a tickle from the alum.

My skin feels pretty good afterwards as well. Overall, I'd say this soap's excellent!

The only downside was my aftershave disaster. I thought this deserved the vintage Imperial Leather. No glasses while I put it on and I knocked the bloody bottle over, with its silly long neck. Doesn't look like I spilled much but I'm still annoyed about it.

Back
Top Bottom