Suggestions for a May Raffle

A very good idea has been put to me - one I think I shall adopt but here's a question for you all -

If we have a prize valued at £221 inc. postage and £40 donation to TSR, would you rather have -

1. 98 tickets at £2.30 - a pain for me
2. 49 tickets at £4.60 (total £225.40)
3. 49 tickets at £5.00, meaning TSR gets a £20 larger donation (total £245)

Why not 50 tickets? Because there are 49 balls in the Lottery.

I'd start a raffle on a Saturday - giving most people an equal chance to get their ticket number of choice - and aim to have all the money in by the following Saturday before the Lottery draw. Failing that, by the following Saturday - a week to wait is incentive to get your money in quickly!! as some/most of you did for the last raffles.

First five responses carry almost as much weight as me in this decision! (still over 100kg).

Yep, Option 3 £5 is good for me. With around 50 tickets, that's quite good odds at getting some nice kit for a fiver. Are you limiting number of tickets per member to 1 or 2?

I'm on holiday from 17th May and home on 22nd. Happy to sort out a fiver for a ticket on Sat 16th. Can I get in early then and claim ticket no. 6? If 2 tickets are available for £10 also no. 45 :p

Cheers

The raffle will open on Saturday 16th, Johnus and Graham - probably after noon.

Option 3 it is, then - chosen by you.

Awaiting a photo of the strop tomorrow and I think we are all set to go.

Cool. Will probably be the last thing I do on Saturday before going to bed. Flight to Italy from Gatwick early Sunday morning so In bed by 7pm Sat night for alarm at 2am Sunday morning.

:)

Sorry....I think asking for ticket numbers already was my fault as I'm away from Sunday 17th for 5 nights and didn't want to miss out :blush:

Back
Top Bottom