Suggestions for a May Raffle

I'm in, just to put many newbie straight razor users concerns to rest regarding a big razor I will tell you now you will be quite shocked how surprisingly easy it is shaving with a 8/8 razor and maintence honing and stropping couldn't get any easier.

pugh-the-special-one said:
I'm in, just to put many newbie straight razor users concerns to rest regarding a big razor I will tell you now you will be quite shocked how surprisingly easy it is shaving with a 8/8 razor and maintence honing and stropping couldn't get any easier.

I prefer a big one as well :icon_cry2:

I could donate one of my custom razors if you like?

You can get in idea of what I get up to on my facebook page facebook.com/thestraightrazor.co.uk

how about a nice 6/8" hollow ground with horn scales?

Drew

That is a very kind offer, thanks, Drew - but one which we can't accept as my Rules exclude you from the raffles - for the time being anyway. You need to have at least two meaningful posts.

Why don't you go to the Welcome forum and introduce yourself?

Edit: Aha! if you are The Straight Razor on Facebook then I'm going to get chewed by some of our straight shavers! Some bloody lovely razors there!

Bechet45 said:
That is a very kind offer, thanks, Drew - but one which we can't accept as my Rules exclude you from the raffles - for the time being anyway. You need to have at least two meaningful posts.

Why don't you go to the Welcome forum and introduce yourself?

Edit: Aha! if you are The Straight Razor on Facebook then I'm going to get chewed by some of our straight shavers! Some bloody lovely razors there!

Ok Bechet45,

I've posted on the straight razor forum introducing myself, as for a razor for the raffle if I cant give you one for this raffle maybe for the next one?

I'd be in for one or two tickets if there's a limit per person. The first (8-0001) or second (8-002) 8/8 blade + 8-S003 scales would be my preference, but gladly enter for something similar.

Good luck with these raffles Bechet45. Great idea!

BraveBlades said:
Carl ...... get boab to split his post in two. Job jobbed

Finally got there! Bad news is that introductions don't count toward 'at least two meaningful posts' - even meaningful introductions.

@Drew - introduce yourself in the Welcome forum then your post in Straights becomes Meaningful No.1. I'm going to be a Jobsworth when I grow up.

Anyway, back at the May Raffle, we are still looking for a TI and a Revisor - link and lowest price for each. Jamie's suggestion is going to be the Revisor (heads) unless we get others. Need TI suggestions with link and lowest price, too.

@Jamie - how in hell do you put the scales on the Revisor blade and then the razor into your basket?

Re: RE: Suggestions for a May Raffle

KrytonsJaw said:
I've been reading this thread during the last few weeks. I'd be pleased to donate one of my Latigo beginners strops to this type of thing, and indeed would be fine doing so on a quarterly basis.
Very kind of you alastair and would be a great prize for a lucky winner.

BraveBlades said:
KrytonsJaw said:
I've been reading this thread during the last few weeks. I'd be pleased to donate one of my Latigo beginners strops to this type of thing, and indeed would be fine doing so on a quarterly basis.
Very kind of you alastair and would be a great prize for a lucky winner.

+1 Thats what I like on here, good peeps:sunshine:

That's a very generous, offer, Alistair - thank you very much. As you are going to donate, why don't we add it to the razor prize - enhanced value for the same number of tickets? If you would tgen be good enough to send it direct to the winner.

Sound like a plan?

Talking of which - we still don't have agreement on which of the two razors to raffle. Ah! I know! The most popular in the first five posts after this is the raffle prize!

Back
Top Bottom