SOTD Saturday August 6th-Friday August 12th 2016

Wash - Meissner Tremonia Puristic
Prep - Noxzema / Hot towel
Pre shave - Prep
Razor – 'The Rock' (Rockwell 6S Plate 3)
Blade – Zorrik Stainless
Brush - New Forest Tubby 1 Finest
Soap – OSP Bay Rum
Post - Witch Hazel

I decided to go with plate 3, and a Zorrik Stainless...Yeah, great shave, no drama, no nonsense, just a get the job done, BBS shave... just the way it should be! I couldn't ask for anything more...

Mongoose B3 + Stork Aristocrat 2 titanium
B&M Cologne Russe

28298728413_4eb01b46aa_b.jpg

You are one of the few people who appear to use that soap more than once.
I binned mine very quickly.
You've got a valued point there!..it is challenging at times, not that i'm tight-fisted or anything but i hate wasting things.it will however be put right at the back of my used soaps and creams,.without the added glycerin it would be pretty rubbish.. my grated down palmolive shave sticks will be used in future shaves .Regards.:)

Thursday AM 2016-08-11

élan bowl
Elite Razor Jasper Manchurian White (28mm/57mm)
Williams Rose shaving soap (tallow) + Williams shaving cream
Delta Echo Feather AS-D2/Triad Corinthian
Wilkinson Light Brigade (9)
Antonio Puig Agua Brava aftershave
si91GUc.jpg
Puig AB...I had forgotten about that fragrance. I'm sure I bought some in my late teens in Spain...pretty woodsy, from what I remember (long time ago)?

11th August 2016.
View attachment 20143
Shaving recipe for today.
  • warm shower./ Imperial Leather Peppermint & Eucalyptus shower gel. / warm wet flannel to my face.
  • Razor: Parker 99R.
  • Blade:Gillette 7o'Clock SharpEdge. (new)
  • Brush: Semogue 1470.
  • Soap: Wilkinson sword shave bowl. + 4 drops of glycerin in mixing bowl.
  • Warm wet flannel/ cold wet flannel to rinse my face.
  • Witch Hazel./Nivea men Creme.

• Today i decided to use the Wilkinson Sword shave bowl again,.i've learn't a valuable lesson and that is my Semogue is the brush of choice when i'm using my wilkinson sword shave bowl, i've only used my Parker 99R a dozen times or so since i bought her,.all my DE razors are ladies which i treat with respect, if i don't, they will give me a nasty bite. !:D..anyway the combo of the Parker 99R & the new russian 7o'Clock sharp edge blade gave me, the best ultra smooth no irritation shave that i've had since i've started DE shaving..on a scale of 1 to 10 my shave's are normally between 7-9 but today it was 10+:).maybe it was new blade, or i'm finally receiving the best technique of what i'm applying when shaving..wonderful shave, Russian blades are superb";).have a great day.:cool:
Massive fan of lucky tiger, done no end of good for my skin
And coincidently I use that wilkinson soap jar to store my arko.
Good stuff :)

Last edited:
Massive fan of lucky tiger, done no end of good for my skin
And coincidently I use that wilkinson soap jar to store my arko.
Good stuff :)
Lucky Tiger was recommended to me by a friend of my.wonderful stuff, well worth having,and your right, does wonders for the skin.;).Wilkinson soap, is slightly trying sometimes..good use for the bowl with your Arko..I havent yet tried arko, will have to give it a try.Regards.;)

20160810_174706-1.jpg
Obtained a Schick Injector G type during the week (thank you Rob @ Bobbyshaves). Fergiebilly will hopefully give a wee bit more detail. It is a G (U.S patent nos. 1806807, 1969945, I think; maybe a G8? It has the plastic handle)

Anyway...a bloody (not literally) close and comfy shave.

Cold water prep wash; Bulldog, Proraso.
Soap: The Fat (great stuff)
Brush: Semogue 1520 and face lather
Razor: as above
Blade: Schick Injector (the Chinese ones)
Post: alum, Thayer's Rose and Aloe Vera, Proraso Green a/s and Nivea white asb
Fragrance: Floris No.89 EDT.

A lot more aggressive than I was expecting. In a good way, though; it'll be interesting to see how it deals with 2-3 days growth. Maybe I should have waited (impatience); as there's a bit irritation. So practice and care required, me thinks. Smooth as hell, though; 3 passes and no touch ups. I love my DE razors, but this SE thang has me going. Between the Schick and the Ever Ready 1912, they make shaving even better.

Be well, everyone.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom