SOTD Saturday August 6th-Friday August 12th 2016

Blademonkey

Supporter
Supporter
image.jpg Good morning folks, tis Saturday August 6th 2016 SOTD
This morning I shimed my feather ASD2 ,not to be recommended.
Started off fully hydrated, tabac shave soap, omega boar brush, shimed feather!
This once pussy cat of a razor turned into a a Tiger and now I'm looking like a novice who has used a cheap shavet I think Mr feather knew what he was doing when he made the ASD2 and I thought better......wrong wrong wrong. Anyway I will probably not shave tomorrow to give my skin a chance to heal.
Wishing you all a lovely weekend. Over and out.

View attachment 20072 Good morning folks, tis Saturday August 6th 2016 SOTD
This once pussy cat of a razor turned into a a Tiger and now I'm looking like a novice who has used a cheap shavet I think Mr feather knew what he was doing when he made the ASD2 and I thought better......wrong wrong wrong. Anyway I will probably not shave tomorrow to give my skin a chance to heal.

You will probably heal in a day, it's going to take a few days longer for me :)

6 August 2016.
Saturday shave.jpg
Shaving recipe for today.
  • warm shower. imperial leather Peppermint & Eucalyptus shower gel./ warm wet flannel to my face.
  • Razor: Muhle R89.
  • Blade:Ladas Super Stainless. (new)
  • Brush: Omega S Series.
  • Soap: Proraso (red) Sandalwood. + 4 drops of glycerin in mixing bowl.
  • Warm wet flannel/ cold wet flannel to rinse my face.
  • Witch Hazel.
  • A/S Prorsaso (green)Menthol & Eucalyptus.
  • My weekend has started off with an amazing shave:)..i decided to try another Russian blade from my recent purchase,still using my R89 which has preformed brilliantly over the past week.. i have to say the Ladas is another winner..for me anyway, 3 passes+ pickups BBS, no irritation..the combo of the Proraso red and the Green m&e,a/s finishing with the Arko fresh balm..Sandalwood & Menthol Eucalyptus kick!!!:confused: to start the weekend off with a bang...enjoy your day.:cool:

Last edited:
Saturday 6th August 2016
The one where I was distracted

Hot shower
Switchback brush with Duro head
Vintage Yardley soap
Steve Woodhead scuttle
Stahly head on fat Tech handle
1971 Gillette Platinum blade (1)
OSP aftershave sample
Al Fares EdT

A good shave despite the twin distractions of a small nosebleed part way through and a wasp nest in my bath overflow pipe. First go with the Stahly was efficient but unspectacular.

BFXGpDEh.jpg

Always in the mood for a little Aventus!

DSC_0318_zpsixfrzq47.jpg

DSC_0317_zps0dvrc87c.jpg

Two Pass Shaving Routine..:cool:

Hot Water Prep & Massage with Argan Oil
Japanese Atlas 7/8th
Hans Baier Silver Tip
Valobra Tallow Soap
Humphreys Witch Hazel

I had a Super Close BBS Shave this Morning with My Atlas 7/8th..The Atlas is the Heaviest Blade that I Have..Its a 1/4 Hollow I think & it has an Edge like a Laser..I Find these Hard Swedish Steel Blades Less Forgiving than Solingen or Sheffield Steel SRs but with a Lighter then Light Touch Offer a Spectacularly Close Shave with Minimal Passes..I Love this Razor..o_O

A Super Close Shave this Morning..I am Dolphin Smooth & Refreshed..:D

Billy

Last edited:
Sat 6th August
RazoRock Plissoft
MWF
PAL Golden Injectomatic
Schick S/S single [1-Japan ]
Alum Rub & Rinse off
Jaguar Prestige A/S lotion

THE OLYMPICS !
Beginning of a lost Two Weeks- get hooked on different sports- but golf ! I am not so sure. Will record loads, and fast forward over the boring bits. See BBC have more bodies on the Ground , than the whole GB Team.

Good shave today with a fresh blade in the Razor , nice lather too helped it go off well.

IMG_0787.jpg

Last edited:
Sat 6th August
RazoRock Plissoft
MWF
PAL Golden Injectomatic
Schick S/S single [1-Japan ]
Alum Rub & Rinse off
Jaguar Prestige A/S lotion

Beginning of a lost Two Weeks- get hooked on different sports- but golf ! I am not so sure. Will record loads, and fast forward over the boring bits. See BBC have more bodies on the Ground , than the whole GB Team.

Good shave today with a fresh blade in the Razor , nice lather too helped it go off well.

View attachment 20074
Aye..Golf is for Panzies..:D:p:D

Billy

Not sure what happened today...:(

Used Proraso White pre-shave and Proraso White shave cream (the White is their sensitive skin version). I used the same razor (Braveheart/EJ89) with the same Voskhod blade I used yesterday, so this was only the second shave with it. I used the same pre-shave routine. However...the shave felt definitely 'draggier' (if that's a word - if not, it should be)...not very comfortable at all. Surprisingly i didn't get any razor burn or cuts, which I expected given what felt like more of a scrape than a shave. I've not used the Proraso White cream much - it seemed to lather well but didn't provide much cushion, and that's the only element that I can think of that caused the problem...everything else is tried and tested. The only other issue could have been that the blade had only one good shave in it.

On a brighter note, I received a bottle of Clubman Vanilla this morning...that's my splash for tomorrow!:D

Warm water prep with Bulldog Face wash.
Proraso Green pre-shave
The last of my tube of Proraso Green Cream
Semogue 1520
Ever Ready 1912 patent SE
Gem Personna
Alum, Thayer's Rose and Aloe Vera and Proraso Green a/s
Nivea a/s balm
and Guerlain Heritage EDT

My tube of Proraso lasted well over a year (albeit in circulation with other creams and soaps). Mercifully, a new tube is in reserve. Cool stuff; especially with the pre-shave. Edinburgh has sun today, so Mrs Scotshave and I are going to have a wander around the Edinburgh Fringe for some kulchur.

Be safe and well, everyone.
20160806_113103.jpg

View attachment 20072 Good morning folks, tis Saturday August 6th 2016 SOTD

Maybe we should start a thread for worst shave of the day! Mine wasn't enjoyable, but at least I managed to get away without any damage...my thoughts will be with you Blademonkey;)

Not sure what happened today...:(

Used Proraso White pre-shave and Proraso White shave cream (the White is their sensitive skin version). I used the same razor (Braveheart/EJ89) with the same Voskhod blade I used yesterday, so this was only the second shave with it. I used the same pre-shave routine. However...the shave felt definitely 'draggier' (if that's a word - if not, it should be)...not very comfortable at all. Surprisingly i didn't get any razor burn or cuts, which I expected given what felt like more of a scrape than a shave. I've not used the Proraso White cream much - it seemed to lather well but didn't provide much cushion, and that's the only element that I can think of that caused the problem...everything else is tried and tested. The only other issue could have been that the blade had only one good shave in it.

On a brighter note, I received a bottle of Clubman Vanilla this morning...that's my splash for tomorrow!:D
I get 3 good shaves from a Voskhod blade, but Proraso White (sensitive) definitely doesn't offer as mush cushion as the Green version IMO. That could well have made the difference :)

A Razorock Plissoft is on my wish list, Frankie...what's your impression of the brush?

Best regards

S.
It's funny @Scotshave , I was asked exactly the same question yesterday, so I'll just copy my reply if that's OK.

In one word: it's a great brush! The knot is 22mm, so not too small, but small enough to load soap from a small container without any trouble. As to be expected from a Plissoft knot the tips are super-soft, yet it has no trouble loading even triple-milled soaps. It also works exceedingly well with creams. I have a couple synthetics that have more backbone, but then they don't splay as easily and comfortably as the Disruptor.

As with everything else in brush-land, handle choice is a personal thing, but I really like it. I have large hands (and a touch of arthritis) so the slightly taller handle is very welcome and I find it very ergonomic.

I would not hesitate to buy another if for any reason I was to lose this one. I highly recommend it, and the price is right.

I hope this is helpful :)

Back
Top Bottom