SOTD: Saturday 9 September - Friday 15 September 2023.

Hello people. Sunday evening's shave comes in pixilated format on your screens and complete with the theme, 'Abstract'

20230910_190027.jpg

AbSRaCT razor - Ikon B1
A blaDE iN TheRe SOmeWheRE - Wizamet Super Iridium
A beNDy brush - Wee Whiskey Barrel
Extract the Abstract SOaP - Captain
Fawcett's

picasso-pablo-bust-striped-knit-man-collection-peggy-guggenheim-venice-01.jpg

Now you try shave that. Under the nose?
Does anyone else use Captain Fawcett's? I tell you, you're missing a trick here. I've been a fan of this stuff for quite some time and this time around just reinforced my thoughts on it. A superb overlooked product with a superb scent which actually lasts and a real class medium to shave in to. I like Captains.

A change of blade for the Ikon and a superlatively pleasing hassle free three passes. I have to be thankful to the digital monkey for introducing these to me.

Overall a great end to the week and a happy start to the new one.

Bin day today and good job I am on the ball.
'Blades, blades, blades, and more bloody blades'

And as a thank you to digimonkey today will be a 'Go go Yoshi' day and those sharp ladies, Aldious. Have a great week folk.

And I love you all

SOTD 11-Sep
20230910_153211.jpg
Brush: Simpson Colonel
Soap: Tabac
Razor: PAA Starling V3 SS
Blade: GEM PTFE (2)

A bit better today, only 1 nick, but removal of those blade stops was a mistake. You're still able to get an exceptionally smooth finish but it requires a fair amount of concentration. If I weren't already well accustomed to GEMs (MMOC, 1912, Clog Proof, WR3, Predator, Sabre, G1, TNNSER, Ambassador etc etc) I would say it was entirely on me, but I don't think this is the case here.

I wonder whether the OC might be better, or perhaps it would be worth killing the points.

At least the trusty tabac was with me, hope everyone had a grand day.

Cheers

Marc

Monday 11th September
SE Adjustable 'C' plate 3D - GEM Stainless Coated #2 - Wickham 1912 Club Cola - Virginia Sheng Purtech - Osmanli Lemon Cologne - Aloe Vera Gel
IMG-20230910-144132-01.jpg

11 September

Wickham 1912 Apricus
Mühle Classic large
Tatara Masamune Nodachi
Feather Hi-Stainless
Floïd Mentolado Vigoroso

F317F9AC-1F89-43BE-AC1F-1D3A0613BBFD.jpeg
A very pleasant shave this morning. Plentiful lather and a comfortable smooth two pass shave. All good.
A little disturbing that my phone can spell out all of Tatara Masamune Nodachi and Floïd Mentolado Vigoroso with so little input from me!

11/09/23
Pre - Droyt's Classic Glycerose Soap
Brush - Alpha Outlaw Titanium V1 Synth
Soap - Stirling Soap co. Bay Rum
Razor - OneBlade Genesis
Blade - Modified GEM PTFE S/S
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Tonyschin's Bay Rum Argan Oil
A/S - DR Harris Bay Rum
Wk  37a (5).jpg
Yeah, this razor is definitely going to get more use. Another cracker today.
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.

20230911_114723.jpg

Preshave - Wright's Traditional Soap
Razor - R41 Head on Executive Shaving Elegant SS Handle
Blade - Astra SP
Brush - Omega Boar
Lather - Nivea Liquid Shaving Cream
Splash - Brut

I made a little shave video today, my first (and probably only) one to try and demonstrate why I love R41s, and how easy they are to use without any mishaps. A link is below for anyone who's interested.

Q8MBhtH.jpg

Prep: Valobra Glicerlanolina Soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Rooney Polo 2 Super Badger
Soap: Saponificio Varesino Dolomiti
Razor: Blutt BR-1 (1.20mm)
Blade: Vintage NOS Wilkinson Sword Master XCN Chromium (1)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel, Crowne Shaving Co Aftershave Tonic
Scent: Lanique Encre Noir EdT

The razor and blade worked beautifully together - so smooth, yet so efficient.

View attachment 111102

Preshave - Wright's Traditional Soap
Razor - R41 Head on Executive Shaving Elegant SS Handle
Blade - Astra SP
Brush - Omega Boar
Lather - Nivea Liquid Shaving Cream
Splash - Brut

I made a little shave video today, my first (and probably only) one to try and demonstrate why I love R41s, and how easy they are to use without any mishaps. A link is below for anyone who's interested.

Excellent Video....This is a great example on how to shave with the R41 showing if you practice your Technique, gain shaving confidence you are rewarded with successful shaving results . I like your pre/post shave routine which is very much like my own.

I mastered using the R41 by training my mind to use the lightest of touch, "to shave the lather from my face or/head rather than the stubble" using virtually no pressure the weight of the razor& blade is near enough which is my approach when using my more efficient razors. I'm a cold water shaver which I find helps with irritation too. I also like to use Bar soaps which make a great pre-shave especially Pears, Wright's is also a firm favourite.

My favourite post shave application to finish my shave after my Aftershave application is a small amount of Aloe Vera Gel. Yours-Barry.

Last edited:
Excellent Video....This is a great example on how to shave with the R41 showing if you practice your Technique, gain shaving confidence you are rewarded successful shaving results . I like your pre/post shave routine which is very much like my own.

I mastered using the R41 by training my mind to use the lightest of touch, "to shave the lather from my face or/head rather than the stubble" using virtually no pressure the weight of the razor& blade is near enough which is my approach to when I'm using my more efficient razors. I'm a cold water shaver and I find this really helps too I like to Bar soaps make which make a great pre-shave especially Pears, Wright's is also a firm favourite too. My favourite post shave application to finish my shave after my Aftershave application is a small amount of Aloe Vera Gel. Yours-Barry.

Thanks...

Would have been better in landscape. ;)

You're right, the key is no pressure at all. I also like Pears Transparent soap

Not posting a lot at the moment but I am occasionally lurking.

The blade could have been a bit sharper but I did three passes at settings 3, 2 and 1 got a good result. The razor can be a bit harsh on my skin but I hadn't shaved for a few days so it worked out well.

Rating: 4 / 5

Razor: Pearl Flexi V5
Blade: Ying Ji Li "Green"
Brush: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Amber Aerolite Stygian Synthetic
Lather: Nanny's Cream of the Croap Moroccan Sands
Aftershave: Goya Corvette https://shavingbuddies.com/shave/64ff17fb7561cd6e40462b0a

Back
Top Bottom