SOTD: Saturday 9 September - Friday 15 September 2023.

SOTD: 9th September 2023.

1.jpg

Shaving Recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Nivea Men Power 24H Fresh Effect Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face & head.
Wrights Coal Tar Bar Soap.
Brush: Yaqi 24mm Naples Tuxedo Synthetic.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl: Home Bargains Stainless Steel Side Bowl.
Lather: Proraso Sandalwood Shaving Soap.
Blade: Personna Injector PTFE. (D1)
Razor: Supply V2.

Cold water Face & Head wash with brush squeezing's,/ Cold Water Face & Head Rinse./ Alum Rub./Cold Water Face & Head Rinse./ Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.3 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./L'0REAL Barber Club Reinforcing ASB./Ard Al Zafran Dirham Oud EDP.

Greetings,

A new eclectic shave set up to start the weekend...

It's been quite some time since I added the Supply V2 to my razor rotation....The design of the Supply V2 injector razor is wonderful and like the vintage Schick injectors is solidly built to hold the blade firm & rigid in the razor head with no movement making the shaving experience feel safe comfortable, and smooth with no blade chatter they and very easy to adjust to finding the right shaving angle....As I have mentioned before in my posting I find injectors are such comfortable smooth efficient shavers especially for head shaving.

The heft & balance of the Supply V2 is excellent fitted with a fresh Personna Injector PTFE blade mowed through my face & head stubble with effortless ease.

Another enjoyable close comfortable face & head shave with no errors to report.

Finishing the shave off with a few small squirts of Ard Al Zafran Dirham Oud EDP to the chest and pulse points.

My face & precious swede are feeling smooth and smelling divine. ;)

Stay safe, and enjoy the start of the weekend ladies & gentlemen. :cool:

Today's shave:

rdt230909fcfq4.jpg

- Barrister & Mann Terror
- Omega "Titano V2" EVO
- Edwin Jagger 3ONE6 with Feather blade
- Ombia Classic aftershave

:cool:

9 September

Speick stick
Mühle Travel brush
Henson Al13 M
Feather Hi-Stainless
Signature Soaps Hibernia splash

78FB457E-8687-47CD-9C1C-93AEFCCA050B.jpeg
A third excellent shave with the Henson, today in travel mode. I loaded the damp brush by swirling it on the tip of the stick then brush to face to create the lather, rather than rubbing the stick on my face (my usual method). The result was nearly as good, less rich but more slick. The Henson is without a doubt a well designed razor. It works for me anyway.

Saturday 9th September
EndGem Speed ••• 3D - GEM Stainless Coated #1 - Eco Warrior Bergamot and Lime - Yaqi Heavy Metal - Duru Mandarin Cologne - Aloe Vera Gel
IMG-20230908-212059-01.jpg

Managed to get a couple of original Eco Warrior shave bars before they screwed up the recipe into an un-shaving soap.
I kept one as a bar, as I like to face lather. The one I used today was grated.

Saturday 9 September
I do agree with @Nearsmooth that Henson is a fine razor. My brushed aluminium version performed an effortless bbs shave with a 4th use Croma.
I was sent a puck of Klar Seifen soap which I lathered up using my new badger brush. Soap is really smooth with a very soft aromatic scent of lemon. The makers claim it contains “other vegetable ingredients“, although as with all soaps the list of extra chemicals used is pretty long. Still and all, it works fine.
Splash of Ralph’s Polo Sport which I decanted into an old Avon glass 911 shaped bottle. Yes, I know I’m a sad case you don’t have to remind me :ROFLMAO:
Have a great weekend fellas!

IMG_0277.jpeg

Simple SOTD today:

Fatboy passaround on 9, with Wizamet blade (4)
Paladin brush
My Rwandan shave bowl (custom made with bumps for me)
End of a MDC Agrumes soap sample (scent long gone)

Enjoying the razor - even on 9 it is a pussycat! Probably haven’t fully dialed it in, as not as close as my other more aggressive razors, but has convinced me to retain my Redtip and work on dialing that in as a mildish vintage Gillette. IMG_8663.jpeg

Saturday 9th September
EndGem Speed ••• 3D - GEM Stainless Coated #1 - Eco Warrior Bergamot and Lime - Yaqi Heavy Metal - Duru Mandarin Cologne - Aloe Vera Gel
IMG-20230908-212059-01.jpg

Managed to get a couple of original Eco Warrior shave bars before they screwed up the recipe into an un-shaving soap.
I kept one as a bar, as I like to face lather. The one I used today was grated.

The new ones are rubbish, aren't they?

Sotd-09-09-23.png
Merkur Mergress - Feather - Frank Shaving two-band - MT Mint Ice Menthol - Myrsol Formula K - Proraso Green & Eau Sauvage edp.

It's too fcnguki hot - I had to take my fleece off - no good will come of it! Unleash the minty dogs of war. :) - enjoy - cheers - I.

Last edited:
Enjoying the razor - even on 9 it is a pussycat! Probably haven’t fully dialed it in, as not as close as my other more aggressive razors, but has convinced me to retain my Redtip and work on dialing that in as a mildish vintage Gillette
You're right about the Fatboy not being as aggressive as some others and you might try a Feather blade. Hehe, the other alternative is to 'overclock' the razor, which you can look up how to do.

09/09/23
Pre - Droyt's Classic Glycerose Soap
Brush - Erasmic AP Shave Co Gelousy Bulb 20mm
Soap - Signature Soap Hibernia
Razor - Colonial General V2
Blade - Feather Pro Guard
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Barts Balm Lime Balm
A/S - Martin De Candre Limette
Wk  37a (1).jpg
Simply wonderful.
Stay safe and enjoy your day.