SOTD: Saturday 9 September - Friday 15 September 2023.

SOTD 09-Sep
DSC_0143 (1).jpg
Brush: Cadman 30mm Tuxedo
Soap: NO Jack
Razor: Frederick Reynolds Swayback

Cracking shave this morning, weekend treat with the straight. Nice and weighty whilst still nimble, possibly the pride of the small collection at the moment.

Topping it off with the fresh Citrus from the jack, could probably have done with some coolant today though, may pop some frost drops in whatever I decide to use tomorrow!

Hope everyone has had a grand day.

Cheers

Marc

A new day, a new week of SOTD's and the same old rubbish from here. So to start this new week I begin with this evening's effort themed, 'Ideal Standard'. Because it says so on the tap. And the toilet.

20230909_181402.jpg

Ideal razor - Razorock Hawk V3
Standard blade - Feather Professional
I deal in brushes - Razorock 400
Stand hard soap - Signature Soaps Wicstun
Toilet cream - Scottish Fine Soaps

'And I just twatted him with the lid'
'What a pillock Mr Friendly is
'Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha'

A pretty Ideal shave and anything but standard. Except the tap.....And the toilet.

Not the best of brushes but I do like a bit of rotation in my stock. I find with the 400 you have to be somewhat careful with how long you hold it under the tap (or the toilet) as it holds so much water the lather can become pretty useless. Get it right though and it does the job. I still find brushes a bit of a function and don't get too lost in the world they belong in. Which is more than I can say about my world which I don't think I have been anything else other than lost.

A great bit of razormanship from the Hawk this evening and a very smooth slick operation with grin value. A quick splash of water from the toilet (and the tap), a bit of that witchy Hazel stuff and finally feeling refreshed after a hot stifling day on a floating metal box.

And a band where you would have to be careful in admiting 'I like Nemophila' just in case you end up being held at his majesty's pleasure. Although I'd like to think the King would at least pay me a visit since I would appear to be part of his life's joy. Now if they said 'At Mrs Satanfriendly's pleasure', I'd understand.

Over to Nemophila to sing this shave out

Last edited:
IMG_2811.jpeg
SOTD: 09/09/2023

Razor: Occam’s Oren
Blade: Feather Pro, 12th use
Brush: Shedeleven Spalted Scottish Hawthorn AP Shave Co G5C 26mm Fan
Bowl: HC&C Black Straight Wall Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: HC&C Unscented Hard Puck Puck
Balm: The Inkey List Vitamin B, C And E Moisturiser Balm
Scent Oil: HC&C Ladies Man

Another oil and another winner from HC&C! Ladies man is spot on and smells a little like polo blue but much fresher and more on the aquatic side of things. Mixed well with the balm to last all day as well.

SOTD: 10th September 2023.

2.jpg

Shaving Recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Nivea Men Power 24H Fresh Effect Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face & head.
Wrights Coal Tar Bar Soap.
Brush:Anbbas Boar.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl: Home Bargains Stainless Steel Side Bowl.
Lather: Williams Mug Shaving Soap.
Blade: Gem Personna PTFE SS. (D1.)
Razor: Ever Ready 1912. (ENG)

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse. /Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.3 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Boots Freshwood ASL + ASB.

Greetings,

Sunday morning shave.

Everything in my shave this morning paired together wonderfully.

SE razors truly are fantastic shaving tools.... I have mentioned it many times before in my posts if I had known how wonderful smooth, & efficient they were especially Injector razors when I first ventured into the wonderful world of traditional wet shaving I probably wouldn't have bought a DE razor as they provide and give me everything I require for a close comfortable shave.

An enjoyable 2 pass + pick- ups close comfortable shave with no errors to report...Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Boots Freshwood ASB.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling divine. ;)

Keep safe and enjoy your Sunday ladies & gentlemen. :cool:

10/09/23
Pre - Droyt's Classic Glycerose Soap
Brush - Zenith 506 Copper 28mm Faux Pony
Soap - Signature Soap Vectis
Razor - Osborne, Garrett & Co Ltd 1899 - 1923. The Kropp 6/8th #2
Blade - Andrew @Shavers delight
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Barts Balm Ben Nevis - Amber & Moroccan Jasmine
A/S - Body Shop Arber EDT
Wk  37a (2).jpg
A nice bit of early Sunday morning sink time.
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.

Last edited:

SOTD: 10th September 2023.

View attachment 111059

Shaving Recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Nivea Men Power 24H Fresh Effect Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face & head.
Wrights Coal Tar Bar Soap.
Brush:Anbbas Boar.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl: Home Bargains Stainless Steel Side Bowl.
Lather: Williams Mug Shaving Soap.
Blade: Gem Personna PTFE SS. (D1.)
Razor: Ever Ready 1912. (ENG)

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse. /Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.3 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Boots Freshwood ASL + ASB.

Greetings,

Sunday morning shave.

Everything in my shave this morning paired together wonderfully.

SE razors truly are fantastic shaving tools.... I have mentioned it many times before in my posts if I had known how wonderful smooth, & efficient they were especially Injector razors when I first ventured into the wonderful world of traditional wet shaving I probably wouldn't have bought a DE razor as they provide and give me everything I require for a close comfortable shave.

An enjoyable 2 pass + pick- ups close comfortable shave with no errors to report...Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Boots Freshwood ASB.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling divine. ;)

Keep safe and enjoy your Sunday ladies & gentlemen. :cool:
My sentiments exactly (viva Colonel Schick !) but then “variety is the spice of life”. Mind you my razor collection would need less than half the space it currently occupies. How would I fill that? More brushes and soaps? :ROFLMAO:

Back
Top Bottom