SOTD : Saturday 4th September to Friday 10th September 2021.

Great shave and what a cool razor handle ! Never seen/heard of before (y)
Thank you Yeah, we used to have a chap either here or on ATG who made these at work in his lunch break. He made various handles, but this one was really nice - it's based on a vintage handle from a Swedish razor that I had. The Swing.

I got him to make a smaller one for my older ASR razors which seem to suit a more diminutive handle.

AM-JKLWQhk4qg5mOA0Qthu5uiHi8cJLgCadiqmn_kL3AUEMawV8WoYbjUSkYrvDK5LK8atg-s5CMX9dwIsrvw4eStHQa_mrjgieb1P2NKBmleq3xWEYoo6uPGbJfzPhPBKgdKNpTonY8Kv4Optau9yfNn1lO6A=w800

Also, a brass one which lives pretty permanently with a brass 1924 head. I used that one only a few weeks ago: https://www.theshavingroom.co.uk/co...th-august-july-2021.54968/page-23#post-844100

Thank you Yeah, we used to have a chap either here or on ATG who made these at work in his lunch break. He made various handles, but this one was really nice - it's based on a vintage handle from a Swedish razor that I had. The Swing.

I got him to make a smaller one for my older ASR razors which seem to suit a more diminutive handle.

AM-JKLWQhk4qg5mOA0Qthu5uiHi8cJLgCadiqmn_kL3AUEMawV8WoYbjUSkYrvDK5LK8atg-s5CMX9dwIsrvw4eStHQa_mrjgieb1P2NKBmleq3xWEYoo6uPGbJfzPhPBKgdKNpTonY8Kv4Optau9yfNn1lO6A=w800

Also, a brass one which lives pretty permanently with a brass 1924 head. I used that one only a few weeks ago: https://www.theshavingroom.co.uk/co...th-august-july-2021.54968/page-23#post-844100

Very beautiful. There is something very elegant about them

Wed 8 SOTD
Soap Stirling Lemon Chill
Brush Zenith 28mm Scrubby B14 Boar
Razor RazoRock G37 Slant
Blade JAWS Platinum 1st
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel Lemon Chill + Reuzel Wood & Spice
The soap scent is a little mild but the lather is great...cooling, creamy and slick...
The shave with the razor paired with this blade was perfection! So easy so smooth and so comfortable in 3passes for a dolphin smooth finish without any issues. This is definitely one of my top-top de blades. Aftershaves were excellent too.
20210908_093034.jpg

SOTD 08-Sep
DSC02234.jpg
Prep: Warm shower
Brush: C&H 'Longtown' Fanchurian
Soap: A&E Barbiere Sofisticato
Razor: Micromatic Clog Pruf
Blade: GEM PTFE (9)

Another big thank you to Tony and Stephen, the micro is a cracking little razor. Such a simple razor to use, no fuss just glides and does the job. A&E almost finished, love the smell but I have the attention span of a gnat so I need shot of it!

Smooth and ready for the day!

Hope everyone has a cracking day!

Cheers

Marc

Last edited:
Todays Cold Water Shave Kit - Wednesday 8th September 2021

Shave Score 9.8

PreShave: Hot Shower \ PAA The Cube 2.0 "Menthol" \
PreShave: PAA The Cube 2.0 "Non-Menthol"
Soap: P&B Spitfire
Brush: Yaqi 24mm - Sagrada Familia Tuxedo
Razor: Karve Aluminium (C)
Blade: Gillette Nacet (2)
Post Shave ASL: P&B Spitfire
Post Shave Balm: P&B Spitfire
Post Shave Cologne/EDT: Penhaligons - Cairo

Forgot how nice these Nacets are, always have to ditch mine after 2 shaves as they tend to rust a little, could probably get more out of them otherwise :)

Have a great day all.

Joe

IMG_0146.jpeg

8 September

Extro Bergamotto di Calabria
Simpson Duke 3 synthetic
Blackland Blackbird
Gillette Silver Blue
Floïd Mentolado Vigoroso

11DF8820-A7AE-4C7D-93D5-F5BBEB6941DD.jpeg

New brush, and a very good shave, but, the synthetic fibres in the Duke 3 knot are rather ‘stiffer’ than l had expected. This could be a factor of the dense packing and/or short loft. Thank god I didn’t buy the Chubby 2 synth! The brush produced a great lather, and the knot is different to all of my other synthetic brushes, so I am happy with it on first use.

MBMLIL0.jpg

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Tony Forsyth P&C LE 2017 Platypus High Mountain White Badger
Soap: Stirling Haverford
Razor: Wolfman WR1
Blade: Vintage NOS Wilkinson Sword Master XCN Chromium (1)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel, Proraso Green Aftershave Lotion
Scent: Aramis Havana EdT

An intoxicating shave.

Back
Top Bottom