Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fri 10th November

RazoRock Plissoft 24mm
Tabac soap
Schick Type O clone
Schick Proline [ 3 ]
Alum Rub/rinse Off
Tabac A/S Lotion

My 3rd Shave with this copy of the original, an owner of both has said that the Shave performance is similar, but the clone has a better made head. Irrespective of that I am still getting the most smooth and comfortable Shaves with a superbly close all round finish.

Many thanks again to Derrick @The Geordie Shaver for making it possible for me to own this Razor. Will be interested to see how the Tester of Razors , James @Acer89 goes on with his one when it arrives.

IMG_0409.jpg

Last edited:
Pre: Warm water face wash
Brush: Omega 11137 Boar
Soap: Stirling Spice
Razor: Razorock German 37
Blade: Perma-Sharp
Post: Warm then cold water rinse, Vitamin E Oil, Old Spice ASIMG_20171110_162008.jpg

Considering this razor head comes free when you buy the stainless steel handle it gives a cracking shave. ;)
I was left smoother than, the cleft in the rock which relinquished Excalibur to Arthur.

Technically Saturday at my locale, but as this site is surely GMT (none of this UTC rubbish), here is my SOTD:

Pre: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Simpson Chubby 2 Super Badger
Cream: Logona Bio Ginkgo & Coffein Mann
Razor: ATT Kronos M2
Blade: Vintage English Gillette Platimum (3)
EDT: Penhaligon's Castile

Thought I'd give this new cream a whirl. I picked it up at a Bio-Supermarket in Germany. Maybe 1.5x the price of the Speick cream next to it, but still dirt cheap when purchasing in the country of manufacture.
The first thing I noticed was how thirsty the cream is. I mean - seriously thirsty! Eventually hit the lather sweet spot, which produced a dense but relatively thin yogurty lather. The scent was very nice - fresh, and subtly herbal. Three passes and a clean-up, and I am genuinely BBS. The most striking thing about the cream, apart from its thirst, was the high level of residual slickness. Certainly the best I've experienced from a cream other than maybe Occams or Musgo Real. It allowed very easy touch-ups without a hit of grabbing.
Curiosity got the better of me and I checked on the ingredients, but they are not giving much away. The front label indicates that it contains ginkgo and caffeine. The rear label is less specific and states the following: "Fragranced with the spicy masculine notes of fine woods. Thanks to its pH value, this gentle, rich creamy formula prepares facial hair for a particularly smooth and gentle shave. A collection of skin-calming plant extracts helps sooth reddened, irritated skin during wet shaving. For a smooth start to the day!" (Jawohl!!)
So if you find yourself in Deutschland, and spy one of the plentiful Bio-Supermarkets, I can certainly recommend this cream.
A warm spring night, so Castile was the perfect scent match.
Now I am getting a little edgy - come on you Socceroos!

Last edited:
View attachment 30741

Happy Marine Corps Birthday.

Razor: Gillette Red Tip
Blade: Personna Tungsten (7)
Brush: El Druida Red Heart Chakte Kok/African Blackwood 2 Band
Soap: Nuavia Blu
A/S: Floid Blue

After missing my shave yesterday I was greeted with a near BBS this morning.

View attachment 30742
I wish I could like this twice but I can't, so please take it that I did.

Back
Top Bottom