SOTD Saturday 3rd September - Friday 9th September

Shavemac 170 silvertip two band shaving brush / Lea Mentholated shaving soap / Hone Type 15a safety razor + Treet Kala blade / Proraso aloe e vitamina E aftershave balm

316a1026ccfe54a7e9c4b4f47fc6a468.jpg

Today's shave was a funny shave, not funny ha ha,

I have had this razor for a few weeks, and to be honest I was a little apprehensive to use it, not being that experienced at shaving,

It is a Merkur futur, and I paired it with a wilkinson sword blade,

I set it to number 3, which I found a little more blade exposure than I expected at this point in time,

It's much more noisy than I expected, and I had read that it was noisy, but it was more than expected,

The difficult bit was seeing what you're doing, the head is kind of big,

It was still a good shave, but the futur will take some getting used to,

Just a couple of small weepers.

Today's shave was a funny shave, not funny ha ha,

I have had this razor for a few weeks, and to be honest I was a little apprehensive to use it, not being that experienced at shaving,

It is a Merkur futur, and I paired it with a wilkinson sword blade,

I set it to number 3, which I found a little more blade exposure than I expected at this point in time,

It's much more noisy than I expected, and I had read that it was noisy, but it was more than expected,

The difficult bit was seeing what you're doing, the head is kind of big,

It was still a good shave, but the futur will take some getting used to,

Just a couple of small weepers.
Doesn't sound that bad, practice makes perfect, keep at it.

Used my new brush for the first time this afternoon and decided to start with the full Proraso...
  • Prep: warm wash with Glyce soap
  • Pre: Proraso Green pre-shave cream
  • Soap: Proraso Green
  • Brush: Burki Bell no. 1 (Cadman custom 'Finest' badger)
  • Razor: EJDE89/Braveheart + Voskhod (1)
  • Splash: Proraso Green AS
  • Balm: Proraso Green
shave1.jpg

Brush is great...dense and soft with lots of backbone...Mervyn really knows his stuff! Proraso green is fantastic...I think the menthol and eucalyptus remind me of Vicks Vaporub, which I associate with taking sickies from school;)

Used my new brush for the first time this afternoon and decided to start with the full Proraso...
  • Prep: warm wash with Glyce soap
  • Pre: Proraso Green pre-shave cream
  • Soap: Proraso Green
  • Brush: Burki Bell no. 1 (Cadman custom 'Finest' badger)
  • Razor: EJDE89/Braveheart + Voskhod (1)
  • Splash: Proraso Green AS
  • Balm: Proraso Green
View attachment 20527

Brush is great...dense and soft with lots of backbone...Mervyn really knows his stuff! Proraso green is fantastic...I think the menthol and eucalyptus remind me of Vicks Vaporub, which I associate with taking sickies from school;)
Great photo!

Back
Top Bottom