SotD: Saturday 3rd May - Friday 9th May, 2014

p.b said:
...The Gillette Yellows are so rough for me that not even a Digress on a low setting or a Weber can smooth it out. It's the only shaving product / hardward that I'm completely at odds with the general consensus. Saturday and Sunday I even had to use balm! ...

I have same experience with Yellows. Have you tried the Greens instead?
For me the Greens were less severe but still weren't as smooth as other blades I already have.

Tuesday vi May, 2014

Prep: Hot shower, Men+Care Revitalising Facial Wash
Pre: Cold water splash
Brush: Semogue 1305
Soap: Mitchell's Wool Fat (in shave stick format)
Razor: Feather AS-D1
Blade: Ladas #3

Result: Nice start to the working week. A real pleasure.

Enjoy the weekend, gentlemen.

Jon

TUESDAY Morning

Pre: Shower, Face wash with Bodyshop Maca Root Facewash
Soap: Bodyshop Maca Root Shaving cream
Brush: EJ Badger
Razor: EJ DE89 with Gillette silver blue blade

Result: A lovely shave... one of my best yet which for a two pass is outstanding. Very impressed with the Bodyshop mens range.

Well my straight learning curve continues, so nice to get an oxymoron into SoTD!

I've not long had my Kropp back from Jamie (pugh-the-special-one), who has put a very fine and comfortable edge on it, so good in fact I'm getting shaves that are more or less as good as I was from my shavette, most impressive! Thanks Jamie......might have something else heading you way soon!

Prep: Hot face wash
Soap: TOBS Sandalwood
Razor: Early "Ground in Hamburg" Kropp C 1888-1891

fancontroller said:
p.b said:
...The Gillette Yellows are so rough for me that not even a Digress on a low setting or a Weber can smooth it out. It's the only shaving product / hardward that I'm completely at odds with the general consensus. Saturday and Sunday I even had to use balm! ...

I have same experience with Yellows. Have you tried the Greens instead?
For me the Greens were less severe but still weren't as smooth as other blades I already have.

Yes, I found the same as you: the Greens are smoother but not up there with the very best. I'd love to know what the physical differences are that make them so different.

Tuesday 05-06-14. MUSIC: Barry White - Gold/The Very Best of.

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcNggjl_aIU[/video]

e119a402-aad2-4dcb-b30b-1337cdc84f74_zpsb908670f.jpg

Aleppo soap - Rodney Neep Extra Silvertip 26X50 - Merkur 37C Slant - Gillette Platinum #1 - Pre JASÖN - Shaving soap Mystic Water Maestrale - Alum block - Thayers Cucumber Toner - ASB Weleda - ASL Weleda.

Cold water splash
D.R. Harris Windsor shaving soap
Morris & Forndran Blonde Badger
Weber PH Bulldog
Gillette 7 O'Clock Black/Indian (2)
Myrsol Emulsion as ASB
D.R. Harris Windsor EdT

Close and comfortable shave. Can't ask for more!

Simpson Colonel X2L
Nanny's Silly Soap Vetyver (olive oil recipe)
Gillette Guard
Pinaud Clubman AS
Lalique Encre Noire EDT

[attachment=10419]

First try of this super cheap and simple Gillette Guard and the Nanny's soap. Obviously not the greatest razor ever so wasn't expecting much. Three pass (WTG,XTG,ATG) plus touch up, pretty much a four pass to be fair. Result is good, as good as a decent DE shave and my face is super smooth to the touch. It's not my Cobra, but then... It's not a Cobra. The Nanny's was pretty good and the three scents (soap, AS, EDT) go incredibly well together. Decent shave to be fair!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1399395192.849552.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1399395192.849552.jpg
    175.3 KB · Views: 21
Prep: Hot shower
Pre: Proraso pre-shave - sensitive
Soap: Wickham's Garden Mint
Bowl: Woodhead Pedestal
Brush: Omega boar 10005
Razor: Gillette Slim Adjustable @6
Blade: Ladas (1)
After: Aqua Velva Ice Blue AS, Every Man Jack ASB

What a great combination Fox's Mint with Every Man Jack's lotion. Both fresh and gentle scents leaving my skin perfectly conditioned.

Out of practice using the Slim; left a few bristles under my chin but apart from that a DFS.

If you haven't tried Wickham's soaps yet - why not?

SOTD20140506_zps04cc77a7.jpg

Tuesday

Evening, everyone.

Prep: Claus Porto's Lime-oil face soap
Razor: EJ89 with iKon Bulldog handle
Blade: Gillette Green (4)
Brush: Ecotools Kabuki
Shave cream: Super Max
Aftershave: Homemade Kölnisch Wasser splash
Cologne: James Bronnley's

Back
Top Bottom