SotD: Saturday 3rd May - Friday 9th May, 2014

jds

Saturday iii May, 2014

Prep: Hot shower, Men+Care Revitalising Facial Wash
Pre: Cold water splash
Brush: Semogue 1305
Soap: Mitchell's Wool Fat (in shave stick format)
Razor: Feather AS-D1
Blade: Ladas #1

P1050340_zpsbe14535d.jpg

Result: Very nice. A smooth and comfortable start for a new team. Lovely. Have a good weekend.

Enjoy the weekend, gentlemen.

Jon

Gillette Executive
Polsilver SI (1)
Wilkinson 60p boar brush
Erasmic puck
Brut a/s
aloe vera moisturiser

felt like a change today so pulled out the erasmic - it lathered really well, i love the scent. followed Henry's instruction RE: brut. Lovely. no edt want to enjoy the brut!

have a good weekend

Greetings

Saturday 3rd May 2014
Prep: Shower
Razor: Ever Ready Natural Angle (Heavy Flat Top)
Blade: GEM Blue Star Carbon
Brush: Semogue OC 2012 SE Mixed
Soap: Bea Stick Grated
Aftershave: Astral Cream (light)

Regards
Dick.

DSC05518.JPG

Prep: Hot Water
Soap: Mè Tramontana
Brush: Vintage Simpson X1L in Best
Razor: Dovo Carre
Moustache Razor : The Mab Dwarf Razor
AS: Myrsol Agua Balsamica

image.php

Prep: Village Barber Oil
Brush: Simpsons P8
Cream/Soap: 1903 followed by Proraso Green
Razor: Fatboy (Thanks Martin)

A bloody good BBS shave. It's odd how no two Fatboys shave a like, this razor is like a hot knife through butter on different settings compared to my other one. Martin kindly gave me a sample of this cream to try, while it smells great it didn't really perform for me. I've not had a Fatboy give me a BBS shave until now, she's definitely a keeper.

mattyb240 said:
Cream/Soap: 1903 followed by Proraso Green
Razor: Fatboy (Thanks Martin)

A bloody good BBS shave. It's odd how no two Fatboys shave a like, this razor is like a hot knife through butter on different settings compared to my other one. Martin kindly gave me a sample of this cream to try, while it smells great it didn't really perform for me. I've not had a Fatboy give me a BBS shave until now, she's definitely a keeper.

What's doin Matt,

Glad to hear the Fatboy behaved well. Yeah, pretty strange how they don't all shave the same but it's true enough. Sounds like maybe your recent acquisition may get top billing instead of a backup role,

Hmmm, I'm surprised the J. Peterman wasn't more fun. I'm wondering if maybe it wasn't totally dissolved, seeing as how thick the stuff is. One of the few creams in my rotation.

Martin

Prep-Hot Towel
Pre- T&H Pre-shave oil
Brush-Men-U
Soap- MdC Unscented
Razor- ATT R2
Blade- Gillette 7o'clock [1]
Post- Alum, Thayers, 4711 cologne

A few firsts for me today:- New razor(I am new to open comb), new blade(donated by Dave Q) and a sample of 4711 cologne. Now the shave was good, nice and close with little irritation and one weeper where I caught a spot. I think it will take a few shaves to get the blade angle correct as I saw that now & then the open comb pattern in the lather on my face. The blade was new to me, found it to be sharp but mild; the 4711 cologne is super! stopped any razor burn and smells citrus fresh although dissipates after 15 minutes.

SATURDAY MORNING

Pre: Hot rinse & Aleppo soap
Soap: Mike's eucalyptus & lemongrass - suribachi lathered
Brush: Semogue OC Cherry boar
Razor: Cobra Classic
Blade: Feather Pro
EDT: Eucris

One of those shaves when it all comes togther. The Pro blade is into it's 10+ shave sweet period, the Veg (regardless of what you think of the scent) is superb as an aftershave, and Eucris on top seems to work very well indeed (a pjgh special!)

Now relaxing with an Americano before we hit the dizzy heights of Exeter.

Prep: Hot shower
Pre: Proraso pre-shave - sensitive
Soap: Stirling Sharp Dressed Man
Brush: MÜHLE Kosmo silvertip synthetic
Razor: Weber + Bulldog
Blade: Ladas (1)
After: Proraso AS, Body Shop Arber ASB

Trying my new Ladas blades in every razor; this time the trusty Weber. Very nice result although yesterday's Ladas/Fatip combination was excellent.
This soap is a weird one, just a hint of a scent but not quite enough to cover the underlying scent of lard. Great performance though and provided a great face lather which is not something I usually do. This synthetic brush is my favourite for face lathering enough backbone but really soft tips makes for a luxurious face lather. It doesn't eat up any soap either which is a bonus because often when face lathering I start to run out of lather by the third pass.
Proraso AS dismissed the remaining lard scent and finished off with Arber ASB which I didn't really need as the Stirling is moisturizing enough.

Happy Bank Holiday weekend people.

SOTD20140503_zps0c4554c2.jpg

Wazzer3 said:
... the 4711 cologne is super! stopped any razor burn and smells citrus fresh although dissipates after 15 minutes.
Was the 4711 aftershave or cologne? I have 4711 AS, which I really rate but I wouldn't use the cologne on my face; more of a splash-it-all-over type of thing.

Cold water splash
La Toja Stick (grated, bowl lathered)
Shavemac 177 Silvertip
ATT Kronos M1
Gillette Silver Blue (3)
Myrsol Emulsion as ASB

Close, smooth shave. Getting to know ATT Kronos better after a few shaves now and am very pleased with the results.

Fasan double slant with iKon bulldog handle
NOS English Wilkie
Martin de Candre original scent
Morris and Forndran blonde badger horn handle
Simpsons AS balm

A perfect weekend shave. For me, the Fasan performs the way the Ikon slant should have performed...

Saturday 05-03-14. MUSIC: Woody Allen - Songs from Woody Allen's Films.

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Bb2kdg9mSI[/video]

aea1d64b-f956-4b66-9cde-fabb61f1862f_zps6b0e5001.jpg

Aleppo soap - Rodney Neep Extra Silvertip 26X50 - Feather all stainless - Iridium Super #3 - Pre JASÖN - Shaving soap Mitchell's Wool Fat - Alum block - Thayers Cucumber Toner - ASB Truefitt & Hill - ASL Pitralon 160 ml.

Back
Top Bottom