SotD: Saturday 3rd May - Friday 9th May, 2014

Gillette #58, BiC Astor
Simpsons Colonel X2L
Ingram
Barbershop Bay Rum
Unrefined Shea Butter
James Bronnley Original EdT
Bounders Moustache Wax

And to think I was going to sell this razor. I gave it a right good polish with some Peek the other day and lo, how it shines! I am most impressed with these blades too. All round grand shave.

Beware the mugshot - 'tache at two months old:

14093037321_9b1ec7a5b2_n.jpg

Please be gentle. I am very sensitive as many of you will know.....:p

Brian, you have really excelled yourself with that handle, sir! I must learn the art of woodturning as I have access to a rather nice Record lathe at a close friend and neighbours. Well done indeed. :D

Gairdner said:
Gillette #58, BiC Astor
Simpsons Colonel X2L
Ingram
Barbershop Bay Rum
Unrefined Shea Butter
Bounders Moustache Wax

And to think I was going to sell this razor. I gave it a right good polish with some Peek the other day and lo, how it shines! I am most impressed with these blades too. All round grand shave.

It suits you! What does the missus think of it?

dodgy said:
mattyb240 said:
Cream/Soap: 1903 followed by Proraso Green
Razor: Fatboy (Thanks Martin)

A bloody good BBS shave. It's odd how no two Fatboys shave a like, this razor is like a hot knife through butter on different settings compared to my other one. Martin kindly gave me a sample of this cream to try, while it smells great it didn't really perform for me. I've not had a Fatboy give me a BBS shave until now, she's definitely a keeper.

What's doin Matt,

Glad to hear the Fatboy behaved well. Yeah, pretty strange how they don't all shave the same but it's true enough. Sounds like maybe your recent acquisition may get top billing instead of a backup role,

Hmmm, I'm surprised the J. Peterman wasn't more fun. I'm wondering if maybe it wasn't totally dissolved, seeing as how thick the stuff is. One of the few creams in my rotation.

Martin

Yup will give it another go next time round, it smells lovely. One thing I'm missing from my rotation is a nice woody scent. And certain seems as though this Fatboy may take centre stage!

Gairdner said:
Brian, you have really excelled yourself with that handle, sir! I must learn the art of woodturning as I have access to a rather nice Record lathe at a close friend and neighbours. Well done indeed. :D

Thank you Graeme :icon_razz: now you will have to make use of the lathe you mention and take the chisels in hand and produce a handle. It's not too difficult with a little practice. You may make a few wasters at first but the amount of timber is small.

Saturday

Afternoon, gents.

Prep: Claus Porto's Lime-oil face soap
Razor: EJ89 with iKon Bulldog handle
Blade: Gillette Green (1)
Brush: Ecotools Kabuki
Shave cream: RSC
Aftershave: Pashana Bay Rum
Cologne: Paco Rabanne pour Homme

Excellent, easy, and close. We popped down to Cardiff for a couple of days of retail therapy and to see Derren Brown's show. I took a Bic Metal, a sample tube of Cowshed Bullocks shaving cream, and a small bottle of Blue Stratos for my minimalist shaves. Once I'd found the right angle on the Bics, I had a lovely couple of shaves.

Gairdner said:
Gillette #58, BiC Astor
Simpsons Colonel X2L
Ingram
Barbershop Bay Rum
Unrefined Shea Butter
Bounders Moustache Wax

very dashing sir :)

Gairdner said:

Gets a big thumbs up from Vincenzo.

Saturday's travelling shave
Pre: Proraso green pre-shave cream
Soap: Klar Kabinett
Brush: Muhle 23mm synthetic
Razor: Merkur Futur (3)
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (2)

Nice 3-pass BBS. Nicked myself twice but they stopped with the cold-rinse.

Thanks gents, much obliged!

Mr B, the wife, she ain't too keen but she got no say in the matter - my face, my facial hair. 17 years been married and still a rebel (with her permission, naturally ;)).

Aye, the lathe. But first the garden.......

flip-68 said:
You handsome bastard!

Will you twirl the ends up as they grow?

I deny the 'handsome' part! :p

Nope, I'm going to grow 'em long and straight, get me some brown leather RAF goggles, leather helmet (ooer) and go huntin' ME109s in me fictional Spitfire. Bandits at 3 o'clock, Ginger! :D

S'pose I'll just see how it goes but no scissors is no woes - it just grows and flows. I hope! :blush:

Back
Top Bottom