Nanny's Old Grey Bristle soap
EJ89
Polsilver SI
cold splash
La Toja ASB
AdP Blu Med, Ginepro di Sardegna Edt.

Nice sunday morning shave.

Tall_Paul said:
Bruce was a member here many moons ago (before my time).

I believe the parting was less than amicable to put it mildly.

It would also be putting it very mildly to describe him as 'a character' (rather than something else like un grande deux chapeau as our French chums might say).

I see ... <strokes still smooth chin>

Gairdner said:
Please be gentle. I am very sensitive as many of you will know.....:p

Your eyebrow is already raising itself to the challenge of a monocle ...

Lovely day, lovely shave. Broke the duck on my Gillette 59 with a new 7 o'clock yellow. Face lathered with MWF, but topped it up with palmolive cream.

Finished off with an alum block and a witch hazel and glycerine splash.

Sunday IV May

Gillette #58, Astor BiC
Simpsons Colonel X2L
Ingram
Barbershop Bay Rum
Unrefined Shea Butter
James Bronnley EdT

Almost exactly the same as yesterday as I am staying at Mater & Pater's due to new kitchen fitting. Oh how I loathe such change and all the associated palaver! No moustache wax today as I am giving it the Sunday off but have smoothed it through with the wonder stuff that is the unrefined shea butter. I must heartily commend this very fine product to you, gentlemen. It is of the very highest order indeed and the best bit o' moisturising slap I've ever put on my corpulent person. And what could possibly be more natural?

Cold water splash
Speick Stick (grated, bowl lathered)
Simpson Commodore X3
ATT Kronos M1
Gillette Silver Blue (4)
Speick ASB

Comfortable sunday morning shave. GSB still going strong but, to be on the safe side, will use new blade tomorrow.

Merkur 45
Gillette Bleue Extra (2)
Lea shaving stick
Kent Infinity Silvertex
M and S Autograph balm (finished)

Noticed I'd put two blades in the razor yesterday and it was fiddly trying to separate them this morning.

Trying to finish up a lot of products at the moment. Would be nice to clear a bit of room in the bathroom, then after a few weeks buy a load more stuff.

This will either make you laugh or fiercely offend:

Gillete Foam
Wilkinson Sword Extra Sensitive 2
Alum Block

[img=250x350]http://neils.in/tmp/20140504-sotd/sotd-1.jpg[/img]

OK I'll fess up, I have spent a lot of research and money (well that's all relative). I had hoped to have a field report of my first straight shave this weekend, sadly the razor and strop haven't arrived yet. Meanwhile the rest of the gear awaits eagerly

[img=500x400]http://neils.in/tmp/20140504-sotd/sotd-2.jpg[/img]

Nowt offensive there, fella. How you whack your whiskers off is up to you and this is a shaving forum after all. I like DE, personally, but the straight razor guys on here do make me somewhat envious.

Gairdner said:
Nowt offensive there, fella. How you whack your whiskers off is up to you and this is a shaving forum after all. I like DE, personally, but the straight razor guys on here do make me somewhat envious.

I have to admit, since my interest in straights razors, my shaving (with disposables) has improved significantly with all this new information. I cannot wait to get the razor to give it a spin! :)

Neilisin said:
Gairdner said:

I have to admit, since my interest in straights razors, my shaving (with disposables) has improved significantly with all this new information. I cannot wait to get the razor to give it a spin! :)

Mind your nose and no cutting yer throat! :p

13912828969_54b22bba1c_c.jpg

After a day of grass cutting and general garden tidying.

3P
#59 rocket
Green Gillette (2)
Bodger 404
Pannacrema Vetiver
Proraso Green AS

All mentholed up ready for the rest of the day.

Plisson Joris Thin Handle Palladium Razor
Rotbart Extra Dunn
Craftsman Soap Co (tallow & lanolin) Soap
Generic Badger
Dove Post Shave Balm
Bowling Green After Shave
SRD Mother Earth Scuttle

Sunday 4th May

SOTD4514_zpsa4c35114.jpg

Hot shower
Hot flannel
Dapper Dragon Jasmine & Vanilla scuttle lathered
Finest Badger brush made by myself
Gillette 77
Gillette Silver Blue (3)
Cold rinse
Thayers Lemon witch hazel
Myrsol Antesol aftershave

Sunday, May 4th, 2014

Sunday, May 4th, 2014

164954d1399216944-sun-may-04th-sat-may-10th-sotd-04052014.jpg

Mastro Livi Damasteel Kamisori

• Pre-shave: Proraso Pre-Shave Cream Green
  • Soap: Aquagena Shaving Soap
  • Brush: Omega Bristle Brush 49
  • Strop: Mastro Livi Travel Loom Strop and Hand Palm Stropping
  • Razor: Mastro Livi Kamisori, 13/16 French Point, Hakapella Damasteel, Abalone Handle
  • Post-Shave: Argan Oil
  • After Shave: RazorGuy Bay Rum After Shave

Back
Top Bottom