SotD: Saturday 3rd May - Friday 9th May, 2014

Cold water splash
Valobra Stick (grated, bowl lathered)
Vulfix Grosvenor reknotted w/ TGN 2-band badger
ATT M1 / Bulldog handle
Gillette 7 O'Clock Black/Indian (4)
Speick ASB
Speick EdT

Lately it's been long comb New or Merkur 45 with the last of my P160 and Gillette Bleue Extra. It's a great shaving soap but don't think it's any better than Vitos's offerings

[attachment=10442]

Midas Custom Silvertip
Eucris Shave cream
Cobra Classic
Pinaud Lilac Vegetal
Touch of Eucris EDT

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1399574848.104269.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1399574848.104269.jpg
    205.2 KB · Views: 22
Arko Stick
Omega Boar
EJ DE89
Gillette Nacet [1]
Nivea moisturiser
OMG - How much lather does this Arko stick make! Odd smell, but great lather! Ditched the Nacet after a couple of stokes, simply not sharp enough. 4 shave Sputnik performed nicely, retired it now though.
I MUST get some ASB, ran out of Nivea which I really like as it is non-greasy.. Suggestions?

pjgh said:
You've got a signature shave burgeoning here ...

Cracking picture, too! Simplicity.

I thought that when posting, pretty much the same shave going on these days! The Eucris cream is really good and obviously smells great. I wish they did an AS (do they?) photo ain't bad is it for an iPad. Cobra takes a bit of polishing up though...

05634ho.jpg

MRGLO
Red Tip

Shark for about 4 strokes, then Gillette Silver Blue for the rest
Vie Long Horse/Badger
GFT Sandalwood Soap + Proraso Red
Brut AS

Maybe I got a dud, but my very first try with the Shark was not successful. It's been a while since I've had to change blade, but this one was immediately tuggy and rough.

First time ever using (or smelling) Brut - pleasantly surprised!

I've had one of those days at work, so ... lovely dinner, easy bottle of wine and a fine shave.

IMG_6089.JPG

Hot Towel
NSS Rasage Traditionnel
Kent Infinity Silvertex
Le Grelot Hospital - Feather Hi-Stainless Platinum [4]
Hot Rinse, Cold Rinse & Alum Wash
4711 Echt Kölnisch Wasser

Bowl Lathered
Two Pass - WTG & XTG

Fourth run for the Feather and for me, it's lovely and smooth now. In this Le Grelot, unlike a spined GEM blade, it felt just a little like it could slip. It didn't and prompted me to make a light shave; a good thing given the yawning blade gap.

I took my time, savoured and thoroughly enjoyed it.

IMG_6086.JPG

Nod to Chris :D

Re: RE: SotD: Saturday 3rd May - Friday 9th May, 2014

rowlers said:
Arko Stick
Omega Boar
EJ DE89
Gillette Nacet [1]
Nivea moisturiser
OMG - How much lather does this Arko stick make! Odd smell, but great lather! Ditched the Nacet after a couple of stokes, simply not sharp enough. 4 shave Sputnik performed nicely, retired it now though.
I MUST get some ASB, ran out of Nivea which I really like as it is non-greasy.. Suggestions?

I think that if you like the Arko stick you will like the Arko ASB , my favourite is Ice mint.

Today (at home)

HS plus face cleansing with P&M amber soap.

Razor: Tech alu head on a EJ89 handle

T&H no.10 cream

Blade: Feather (2)

Brush: FS pure badger

AS: Aqua Velva cool blue

More Jabonman love:

Weber PH
English Wilkie (4th shave and it can feel it's not as sharp as it once was, so last use)
Simpsons Emperor 2 Super
Jabonman Sierra (made thicker today which was even better)
Kramperts Bay Rum

Bit sore on the side of my neck, should have used some balm but was in a rush to get into a meeting this morning at 8am so didn't consider balm. Overall, good shave, shit day at work, and now I'm typing this instead of writing the presentation I'm doing at 9am tomorrow. Ah-well, soon be the weekend.

Shemen Zait said:
GDCarrington said:
Planned shave for 8 May 2014 ...

14130573841_096b4de767_c.jpg

I read excellent reviews about this mammoth Utopia handle for $10, shame the Amazon trader is not shipping to the UK.

I wrote an extensive review for two of the US based forums, but since I knew it would not be for sale in the U.K. I decided not to repeat what happened with FM Brush (H.I.S. Brush). For that brush I posted reviews here with the manufacturing and distributing companies promising to sell them in Europe. They failed to follow through on that promise and left a lot of people hanging out to dry wanting to try the product.

Now the supplier for this razor is not even selling them in the U.S. due to an out of stock situation. That has caused some very heated discussions in the U.S. based forums.

Friday ix May, 2014

Prep: Hot shower, Men+Care Revitalising Facial Wash
Pre: Cold water splash
Brush: Semogue 1305
Soap: Mitchell's Wool Fat (in shave stick format)
Razor: Feather AS-D1
Blade: Personna Med Prep #2

Result: Final scrape with this set up. Enjoyed the Fat, enjoyed the blades and the Kiehl's after shave products are top quality.

All the best,

Jon

Greetings

Friday 9th May 2014
Prep: Shower
Razor: GEM Junior 1912
Blade: Treet Carbon
Brush: Semogue 2000 Boar
Soap: La Toja Stick grated + La Toja Cream + Glycerine, Uberlather
Aftershave: Astral Cream (light)

Regards
Dick.

IMG_0287.JPG

Friday

Tabac
Semogue SOC Boar
Streamline
Gem blade
Tabac AS
James Bronnley EdT

A top shave with the Streamline, three quick passes and I'm done.

Back
Top Bottom