SOTD : Saturday 3rd March - Friday 9th March 2018.

Wednesday 7th March

Olive Oil Soap
Vitos Pre Shave Cream
P&B Imperial Rum Soap
Zenith Euro AL Boar Brush
Merkur 37C with a Gillette Super Thin Blade
Alum Block and Rinse
Lacura Moisturiser
Benjamins Bay Rum AS
Oudh Khalifa 2020 EDP

Yesterday's shave was both good and late, so only 2 passes and a touch up on the neck were required to return me to pristine condition:)

View attachment 33825

Soho Joe Original Face Wash
Maseto 30mm silvertip
TOBS Sandalwood cream
Gillette New LC
Gillette 7 O'Clock Black
A little alum, and
L'Oreal Men Expert 24hr Balm

The TOBS Sandalwood gave me an unbelievably irritated shave. Bright red face all over. I used to think it was my technique when I first started, but I've come to realise my face just can't handle some of the scents and oils in soaps or creams.

Have a lovely evening!
Greetings

From my own experience and what I've read over the years on these pages, you are certainly not alone, many people have difficulties with the TOBS cream range but the Sandalwood in particular seems to cause more people to react than any of the other creams in their range. In my case it is the only cream in their range (and I have tried probably half of them) that causes me any issues and it is the scent I like the most. I would add that no other Sandalwood product has caused me any problem so perhaps it's something unique to TOBS Sandalwood......who knows?

Regards
Dick.

Sotd - 6/3/18

Razor - ER 1912 English
blade - vintage ER (lost count)
brush - Simpsons P8 LE best
soap - MT Black Beer No.1 paste (is there a no.2?)
post - witch hazel
a/s - Myrsol Agua Balsamica
balm - Weleda.

Result - great.

Four day's growth coming off - a later than anticipated leisurely evening shave - work just wouldn't bloody leave me alone tonight. Eventually I locked myself in the den - long hot shower - phone left downstairs - on silent, just to make my point - the calming effect of the soap scent - lovely badger knot - how good is this brush? - and relax. Nice. All is well. For me - the Black Beer and the Myrsol Balsamica are a genius combination - strong medicinal rosemary from the soap and yet more from the aftershave - with other herbs thrown in. Lavender and thyme mostly. Talking of lavender - I am ganting (good luck with that word if you don't speak Scots vernacular English - Google translate isn't going to help much) to try the Salter tallow - it seems to be popular around these parts - I have a puck - or cake if you prefer - but I'm waiting for my @BartsBalm - lavender lotion to arrive to use with it. In transit - thanks Neil - excellent service. Lavender is a scent that has taken me a while to come to and enjoy in my shaving - I'd like to go the 'full fig.' Can anybody recommend an aftershave splash to me? Something at the medicinal, antiseptic end of the scent scale. Somebody will know I'm sure. Weleda to finish. I hope you you enjoy your shaves one and all - yours - I.
I love that word... .Ganting, I think we use gagging down here (The south) :) P .

SOTD 20180307.

r6S7YcQ.jpg

J&T® black walnut / Maggard Razor brown synthetic.
Jabones by Luna "Java".
Vintage Gillette NEW (LC, made in Canada) / Windrose handle.
Supermax Super Platinum Tiger (7).
Rebul Jasmine EdC.

Back
Top Bottom