04.10.2017 Anniversary Shave - St. Francis of Assisi Day
Vigshaving Finest Badger 2 bandas
Barrister & Mann Bay Rum
Heljestrand Kindal
Heljestrand Hollow Ground
Lucky Tiger Face Tonic

Musgo Real Bálsamo

LthhnJJ.jpg

What an excellent way to start my birthday! These Heljestrand blades treated me wonderfully and gave me a close, smooth uneventful shave with ease. I was a bit cautious on the first pass, but on the second and last pass I was more confident and I could navigate the face with ease. A commentary on the feel of these blades: love it! It's always present the blade, it's the razor that I own where the blade feel is very, very present, but as it is very sharp the experience was smooth nonetheless. Even more so than with a modern GEM razor that I tried last shave.

The B&M Bay Rum was the first Bay Rum that I tried and i fell in love with it as soon as I opened the can. A very spicy, hot and pungent fragrance, that stayed for the whole duration of the shave. Very easy to lather, a dense, slick and hydrated lather galore! Top quality.

My compliments to each and everyone of you, and wish you a day at least as good as mine!
Happy Birthday Friend, have a great day :) P.

SOTD 4OCT17.JPG
#SOTD 4OCT17
- Blackland Blackbird SB
- Personna Lab Blue (2)
- @pantarei_brushes custom
- Phoenix & Beau Citra Royale
- @chatillonlux Fourth & Pine
Only had time for a one pass DFS today. @phoenixandbeau Citra Royale has a glorious lime forward scent that really gets you going in the morning. My Pantarei brush, I had custom made from two photos I took from the hospital balcony where my son was born. Somehow, they were able to recreate the beautiful view during one of the happiest events of my life.

View attachment 29667
#SOTD 4OCT17
- Blackland Blackbird SB
- Personna Lab Blue (2)
- @pantarei_brushes custom
- Phoenix & Beau Citra Royale
- @chatillonlux Fourth & Pine
Only had time for a one pass DFS today. @phoenixandbeau Citra Royale has a glorious lime forward scent that really gets you going in the morning. My Pantarei brush, I had custom made from two photos I took from the hospital balcony where my son was born. Somehow, they were able to recreate the beautiful view during one of the happiest events of my life.
I'm loving your brush and a great story to go with it, it must make it extra special. :) P.

Wednesday 4th October

Groomed Facial scrub
3P Preshave cream
Mitchell's Wool Fat Soap
Semogue 1800 Boar Brush
Muhle OC razor in Bog Wood with a BIC Chrome Platinum Blade
Alum Block and rinse
Arko Classic Cream
Denim Original AS

I haven't used this razor for a long long time. Three passes for a great BBS shave with absolutely no issues
Wonderful set shave up..Love the Muhle OC razor in Bog Wood .

Barrister & Mann Bay Rum
Heljestrand Kindal
Lucky Tiger Face Tonic

Musgo Real Bálsamo

LthhnJJ.jpg

What an excellent way to start my birthday! These Heljestrand blades treated me wonderfully and gave me a close, smooth uneventful shave with ease. I was a bit cautious on the first pass, but on the second and last pass I was more confident and I could navigate the face with ease. A commentary on the feel of these blades: love it! It's always present the blade, it's the razor that I own where the blade feel is very, very present, but as it is very sharp the experience was smooth nonetheless. Even more so than with a modern GEM razor that I tried last shave.

The B&M Bay Rum was the first Bay Rum that I tried and i fell in love with it as soon as I opened the can. A very spicy, hot and pungent fragrance, that stayed for the whole duration of the shave. Very easy to lather, a dense, slick and hydrated lather galore! Top quality.

My compliments to each and everyone of you, and wish you a day at least as good as mine!
Happy Birthday @Corto ;)

Wednesday 4th October
YaQi Tuxedo
Tabac
General Brass
Kai Pink #3
Alum Wash
Tabac A/S
Lacura Body Moisturiser
eiyqxP8.jpg

On the 3rd use the Kai blade has definitely improved, becoming much less tuggy. For me, as the Proline and Feather blades are cheaper and more preferable, I don't think I'll invest in any. So thanks to Mike @mpf9ret for gifting me a couple.

Last edited:
mrqXBm4H_o.jpeg

Omega 40033
Merkur 34C HD
Supermax Super Platinum (1)
Proraso Red Shaving Cream
Boots Tea Tree WH, Myrsol Emulsion & Proraso Red Aftershave

An odd one today, the shave itself was top notch but I think I am havign areaction to either the Proraso Red pre-shave or the shaving cream, which is odd because I have been using both since October last year with no issues until my previous use. Sandalwood does leave me with a little redness (especially ToBS) but I have found that Proraso Red usually doesn't. I think it is the pre-shave as the White one left me feeling similar. Next time I'll go without the pre-shave. It's not burning or anything just left redness where my lather (or rubbed in pre) was. Aside from that an almost perfect BBS shave.

Barrister & Mann Bay Rum
Heljestrand Kindal
Lucky Tiger Face Tonic

Musgo Real Bálsamo

LthhnJJ.jpg

Happy Birthday.

Wed 4th October

RazoRock Plissoft 24mm
L`Occitane Cade soap
Mongoose B3 polished
Schick Proline [ 5 ]
Alum Rub/Rinse off
Jaguar Prestige A/S Lotion

Am getting a bit partial to these AC/ SE Razors , as time progresses it seems that provided that your concentration does not lapse, they deliver great Shaves with no problems of irritation/nicks or cuts.
In fact the thought of having a DE Shave makes me feel a bit uneasy.

Todays shave was very smooth, comfortable and satisfyingly close all round helped by the glide and cushion provided by the new to me Cade soap. Though I am not fussed I find the soap has unlike the
cream very little scent, and I suspect that this is why it was discontinued for the second time in the last couple of years.

IMG_1622.jpg

Back
Top Bottom