SOTD: Saturday 30th September - Friday 5th October 2017

I love when I can pull off a shave like this one. The 1910 French Apollo Bijou took proprietary oval shaped blades. Beautiful silver plated razors, they're cheap on the French market. After futzing with modifying a DE blade I settled on an Injector as an easier fit. Once aligned the trimmed Kai Mild blade can be well secured, and the uneven comb does not hinder performance notably. I had another razor at the ready for the head shave but ended up going all the way with the Apollo/Kai combo, marvelous BBS with no dramas.
ef8ba585a4ef1378a79dbb7ecafcb7f4.jpg
2f7f9674427e1eea7bdf92dd60f2b3fa.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

SOTD: 041017
SOTD 041017 3.jpg

Blade: Gem SS #4
Razor: Gem MMOC
Soap: The Handmade Soap Co. (Ireland)
Brush: Simpsons Best Badger
Scuttle: Giles Shaving Co.
Balm: Antica Barbieria Colla
Splash: D R Harris Arlington.
Cologne: D R Harris Arlington.

Wanted to use the same razor, soap and brush as yesterday. My 2nd and final use of this soap before passing it on so I wanted to try and form a better opinion.
Unfortunately my trepidations have continued with this soap. No where near enough cushion, slickness, scent and the post shave feel was poor.
I have faced lathered and bowl lathered but to no avail.
Despite that I had an enjoyable 2 pass DFS shave with the amazing MMOC. This razor is so smooth you don't need lather anyway. :D
Post shave was excellent. I feel refreshed and looking forward to the evening ahead.

Enjoy your shaves. :)

Greetings All,

Wednesday shave.

One growth and warm shave

Preparation – face washed with Clique Liquid facial soap (mild)

Pre: None
Soap: P&B Spitfire
Razor: Gillette Slim Twist (white Handle)
Blade: Personna Blue (3rd)
Brush: Rockwell 400 Noir (face lather)

Post Shave: Cold water rinse, a shower and to conclude Proraso Green Aftershave and Nivea Sensitive Cooling.

Great shave this morning – the Spitfire as usual was whipped up into a great lather and my Gillette / Personna sliced through my whiskers. 3 passes (WTG, XTG and ATG), no irritation or crimson, though I think I will change the blade for the next shave, not sure if I will trust this one for a 4th shave.

Cheers,

Brian

Greetings All,

Wednesday shave.

One growth and warm shave

Preparation – face washed with Clique Liquid facial soap (mild)

Pre: None
Soap: P&B Spitfire
Razor: Gillette Slim Twist (white Handle)
Blade: Personna Blue (3rd)
Brush: Rockwell 400 Noir (face lather)

Post Shave: Cold water rinse, a shower and to conclude Proraso Green Aftershave and Nivea Sensitive Cooling.

Great shave this morning – the Spitfire as usual was whipped up into a great lather and my Gillette / Personna sliced through my whiskers. 3 passes (WTG, XTG and ATG), no irritation or crimson, though I think I will change the blade for the next shave, not sure if I will trust this one for a 4th shave.

Cheers,

Brian

Shave of the day 04 October 2017 :)

Pre-shave - Warm shower, Wright's Cold Tar Soap face wash.
Razor - ATT Aluminium Single Edge SE1 Razor with Bamboo Handle.
Blade - Kai Captain Titan (Pink) Mild (Day 1).
Soap - D. R. Harris Eucalyptus Shaving Cream.
Bowl - Little Wren.
Brush - Simpsons Chubby 2 Synthetic Badger.
Post shave - Myrsol "Plastic shave" Post Shave Splash.

I was slightly inebriated on Thursday evening (a mid week break - definitely not a School night) and decided to order an ATT Aluminium Single Edge SE1.

My excessive order was weighting for me when I arrived home yesterday, and it got its first roll out this morning.

A very good shave, although being far lighter than than the ATT SE1 it felt harder work to get rid of the stubble - still a very good BBS in 3 passes.

All the best,

Chris

04.10.2017 Anniversary Shave - St. Francis of Assisi Day
Vigshaving Finest Badger 2 bandas
Barrister & Mann Bay Rum
Heljestrand Kindal
Heljestrand Hollow Ground
Lucky Tiger Face Tonic

Musgo Real Bálsamo

LthhnJJ.jpg

What an excellent way to start my birthday! These Heljestrand blades treated me wonderfully and gave me a close, smooth uneventful shave with ease. I was a bit cautious on the first pass, but on the second and last pass I was more confident and I could navigate the face with ease. A commentary on the feel of these blades: love it! It's always present the blade, it's the razor that I own where the blade feel is very, very present, but as it is very sharp the experience was smooth nonetheless. Even more so than with a modern GEM razor that I tried last shave.

The B&M Bay Rum was the first Bay Rum that I tried and i fell in love with it as soon as I opened the can. A very spicy, hot and pungent fragrance, that stayed for the whole duration of the shave. Very easy to lather, a dense, slick and hydrated lather galore! Top quality.

My compliments to each and everyone of you, and wish you a day at least as good as mine!

Feliz aniversário @Corto
Muitos parabéns :)

Back
Top Bottom