Brush: Razorock 400
Soap: L'Occitane Cade
Bowl: Giles Shaving
AS: Nivea Men Protect & Care 2 Phase Aftershave

Friday 6th OCtober 2017

SOTD 6th OCt.JPG

Pre Shave: Hot Shower + L'Oreal Pure Power Charcoal Face Wash and Proraso white
Razor: Fatip Piccolo
Blade: NOS Gillette Blue Extra 1963 (#4)
Brush: Razorock 400 Aluminium
Soap: Kent
AS: Nivea Soothing Balm.

Superb shave, not sure how long one of these Blue Extra blades last but it still feels good on shave number 4. The Razorock synthetic worked well on the Kent soap and face lathering, it is a different feel to my Badger and Boar brushes but it is working well so far.

Tell me more about the Tuberosa!

Please...

Greetings
Different! Hugely different. Lynn Harris describes this as a unisex fragrance, it is certainly totally unlike anything you are likely to come across in mainstream brands. I had no previous experience of tuberose as it is a note used almost exclusively in fragrances designed for woman but although it smells of white flowers there is little or no sweetness there. I sampled it at Stansted airport, I would add that it is certainly not something (IMHO) you should blind buy. It would not be unkind to describe it as tart or bitter even slightly sour albeit in a really pleasant way, the only other note I get is a slight muskiness. It has by far the most longevity and sillage of any of the Miller Harris fragrances I own.

I really love it but I am sure there must be equal amounts of people who have tried it and have been repulsed by it.

Regards
Dick.

Pre: Warm water face wash
Brush: EJ Medium PB
Soap: Wickham's Irish Ferb
Razor: Cobra Classic (on loan from @Digimonkey)
Blade: Schick Proline
Post: Warm then cold water rinse, Vitamin E Oil, Boots Bay Rum

View attachment 29755
A day of mourning, my last shave with the Cobra and a great farewell it was too. The scent of the Irish Fern gets better with age (though still reminds me of Johnson's baby powder), performance as always, very good. The Cobra needs no more praise than...
Oh well done Kevin. I love The Pixies!

Back
Top Bottom