SOTD: Saturday 30th September - Friday 5th October 2017

View attachment 29732 ~SOTD~

Prep....Shower ~ Birch tar soap
Razor....Rolls razor ~ Stainless steel set 1936
Blade....Rolls Hollow ground Sheffield Steel. Honed perfectly by @Fergiebilly , thank you very much.
Soap....Votos Red tallow
Brush....Semouge 2000
Post....BBA Post Shave Balm
Scent....Agua Lavanda Puig

A fantastic shave from the Rolls razor and freshly honed blade by Billy, he knows his stuff, ten blunt blades went off and Ten surgicaly sharp blades came back. A Honemeister he most certainly is :)
The Vitos Red was gifted to me by @culcreuch, half a block! Very generous indeed along with the Birch tar soap I used in the shower, thank you my friend.
Back to the Vitos, a great soap that lathered like a rabid dog! It's post shave feel is great too.
The razor made short work of my stubble, I could hear the hairs pinging off as the blade glided across the lather, two passes and I was as smooth as I require, and my requierments are high!
Finnishing with my now regular BBA PSB followed by a splash here and there of the wonderful Agua Lavanda. Perfect.
I really enjoyed today's shave, it had a lot to do with the kit I was using.

Wishing you a fab Friday and a wonderful weekend......:)
Glad You are Pleased with the Rolls Blade Edges Paul..Hey..That Vitos is the Dogs Danglies Especially with a Hollow Ground Blade Shave..Scotch & Ice..:D:D

Billy

Couno08U_o.jpeg

Razorock 400 (alu)
Merkur 34C HD
Supermax Super Platinum (3)
Phoenix and Beau Solaris
Thayers Rose, Myrsol Emulsion & Alvarez Gomez Agua de Colonia

A nice sunny shave, nice sunny day too. Just got back from a walk up Pen y Fan, nice day for it. Great shave to put some sunshine pep in one's step! Shame the soap is discontinued, one of the best core scents from P&B, why didn't you guys buy more of it!?!?! :p

Couno08U_o.jpeg

Razorock 400 (alu)
Merkur 34C HD
Supermax Super Platinum (3)
Phoenix and Beau Solaris
Thayers Rose, Myrsol Emulsion & Alvarez Gomez Agua de Colonia

A nice sunny shave, nice sunny day too. Just got back from a walk up Pen y Fan, nice day for it. Great shave to put some sunshine pep in one's step! Shame the soap is discontinued, one of the best core scents from P&B, why didn't you guys buy more of it!?!?! :p
Chuck up a WTB on the UKWSS BST (Facebook) - one of the sellers I've dealt with recently had one up for sale for about a tenner posted, if I remember rightly. Message me and I can pass on his name. :)

SOTD: 061017

Blade: Gem SS #4
Razor: Ever Ready 1912
Soap: L&L Harmony
Brush: MS 30mm 2 band
EDT: Creed Aventus.

Sorry but no time for a pic today as I am off to watch Wales be humiliated in football without our very own Gareth Bale. :)

The shave as expected was sublime. 3 Pass BBs was achieved by the awesome 1912.
Special scent for the evening ahead:

Enjoy your weekend everyone. :)

Friday 6th October
Zenith 506 TS
OSP Grapefruit & Menthol
Qshave Adjustable on 4
Qshave Titanium Blade #1
Alum Wash
Alcolado Glacial A/S
Nivea Cooling Balm
pSuG7tF.jpg

First DE shave for ages.
I've always had a good shave with the Qshave, and this one with the included blades was no exception. Setting 4 suits me just fine and aided by the OSP produced a really smooth 3 pass, with a lovely menthol cooling.

Pre: Warm water face wash
Brush: EJ Medium PB
Soap: Wickham's Irish Ferb
Razor: Cobra Classic (on loan from @Digimonkey)
Blade: Schick Proline
Post: Warm then cold water rinse, Vitamin E Oil, Boots Bay Rum

IMG_20171006_162442.jpg
A day of mourning, my last shave with the Cobra and a great farewell it was too. The scent of the Irish Fern gets better with age (though still reminds me of Johnson's baby powder), performance as always, very good. The Cobra needs no more praise than...

View attachment 29755
A day of mourning, my last shave with the Cobra and a great farewell it was too. The scent of the Irish Fern gets better with age (though still reminds me of Johnson's baby powder), performance as always, very good. The Cobra needs no more praise than...

One of my all time favourite bands and a fantastic track.

View attachment 29755

One of my all time favourite bands and a fantastic track.
Thanks, me too.
Saw them at Brixton, I think it was at the time of the Poll Tax riots, there were police everywhere.

I saw them for the first on the Doolittle tour in Brum. To this day one if the best gig I've been too.
Have I mentioned I've missed Kim Deal?:p:cool::D

Back
Top Bottom