SOTD: Saturday 30th September - Friday 5th October 2017

SOTD_20171006-1024x683.jpg

• Safety Razor: Timeless Razor - Closed Comb - 0.68mm - 100mm Barber Pole
  • Blade: Polsilver - Super Iridium
  • Shaving Brush: JZ - Bethlehem (Synthetic)
  • Shaving Bowl: Polish Bowl
  • Shaving Cream: Dear Barber - Shave Bisquit
  • Fragrance: Murray & Lanman - Florida Water

Fri 6th Oct.
Omega 11126 boar
Stirling Baker Street
Alu.Hawk V1 / Windrose handle
Feather Pro [ 2 ]
Alum Rub/ Rinse off
Tuff Green A/S lotion

Now I have utilised a S/S handle with this Razor I find that the increase in weight really works for me, as it makes it easier to use a Light/ No Pressure technique. I find it very easy to use and attained a really smooth and comfortable Shave, with a close all round finish.

IMG_0003.jpg

image.jpg ~SOTD~

Prep....Shower ~ Birch tar soap
Razor....Rolls razor ~ Stainless steel set 1936
Blade....Rolls Hollow ground Sheffield Steel. Honed perfectly by @Fergiebilly , thank you very much.
Soap....Vitos Red, Tallow
Brush....Semouge 2000
Post....BBA Post Shave Balm
Scent....Agua Lavanda Puig

A fantastic shave from the Rolls razor and freshly honed blade by Billy, he knows his stuff, ten blunt blades went off and Ten surgicaly sharp blades came back. A Honemeister he most certainly is :)
The Vitos Red was gifted to me by @culcreuch, half a block! Very generous indeed along with the Birch tar soap I used in the shower, thank you my friend.
Back to the Vitos, a great soap that lathered like a rabid dog! It's post shave feel is great too.
The razor made short work of my stubble, I could hear the hairs pinging off as the blade glided across the lather, two passes and I was as smooth as I require, and my requierments are high!
Finnishing with my now regular BBA PSB followed by a splash here and there of the wonderful Agua Lavanda. Perfect.
I really enjoyed today's shave, it had a lot to do with the kit I was using.

Wishing you a fab Friday and a wonderful weekend......:)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom