SOTD: Saturday 30th September - Friday 5th October 2017

+ 1 on what Wayne said. P - I look forward to your posts. - you once gave me the advice that when encountering flack - keep your head up and keep going. Apart from anything else - who the f**k am I going to buy my vintage se razors from? My very best regards - yours - I.
Thank you I. Head up and keep going I will. :)

SOTD: 031017
SOTD 031017 3.jpg

Blade: Gem #3
Razor: Gem MMOC
Soap: The Hand Made Soap Co. (Ireland) Basil, Lime & Sweet Orange
Brush: Simpsons Special Pure Badger 20mm
Cologne: D R Harris Traditional

What a great shave this afternoon with the wonderful Gem MMOC. A very light touch is all that is required with this razor and the audibility is loud. You can hear every whisker being mowed down.

The soap is from a pass around and is my first use. I have my trepidations about this. I managed to whip up a decent lather by my tiny Simpson's work horse but the slickness and post shave feel was not there for me. There was enough cushion but to be honest it did not blow me away with its performance. Furthermore and for me most importantly the scent was no where near strong enough. I just wish some artizans would increase their scent profile. I am aware it is not for everyone but for me it is one of the most important factors. I like a scent that lasts beyond the shave.

Aside from my little rant I did enjoy it and have no cuts, weepers or burn to report. ;)

DR Harris is a lovely orange based cologne.

Enjoy your shaves. :)

SOTD_20171003-1024x683.jpg

• Safety Razor: Merkur - 37C Slant
  • Blade: Polsilver - Super Iridium
  • Shaving Brush: Yaqi - 24mm Tuxedo (Synthetic)
  • Shaving Bowl: Saponificio Varesino - Shaving Grail Bowl
  • Shaving Soap: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements - Gondolier
  • After-Shave: Black Ship Grooming Co. - Barnacle Bob - ASL

I found the number 6 plate to be just perfect, very smooth and also very effective indeed. It's a cracking razor with a plate for everyone's needs. Try the Treet , very good indeed, not everyone likes them but it would be odd if they did. They may supprise you :) I shall use this blade again before trying a few other blades if that's ok with you Wayne. I don't know if I will be posting on SOTD again due to today's events but I will keep you informed via PM. Thanks mate. P.

What did you think about the Vitos Tabacco cream? Im pleased you are reunited with the Cobra. :) P.

Really good.......I will have to use less next time....the lather was spilling out over the sides! Really nice scent and of course the AS was the perfect match

Beautiful razor........I almost bought one a few years back but managed to restrain myself. I was not too sure how I would cope with trying to maintain the edge!
Thank you.
I just strop after every shave and when it's needed I send to an expert Honemeister. I could learn and buy all the stones but I prefer to farm the work out to someone who has honed many many Kamisori over the years for a really reasonable price.

SOTD

Pre: Sudsy Soapery Bath Soap - Sandalwood & Grapefruit
Soap: Sudsy Soapery Sandalwood & Citrus
Razor: Edwin Jgger DE89
Blade: Personna Lab Blue (1)
Brush: KSPD2 Custom
A/S: Nivea Men Vitalizing
Balm: Sudsy Soapery Sandalwood & Citrus

Another good shave. The cushion and glide from the Sudsy Soapery soap was just brilliant. One of the best I've used in some time. It felt like velvet when I was applying the lather. Great post shave feel too. The balm is more like a butter to me but still, left a great feel on the face and dried in pretty quickly. Good stuff.

IMG_5189.JPG

SOTD

Pre: Sudsy Soapery Bath Soap - Sandalwood & Grapefruit
Soap: Sudsy Soapery Sandalwood & Citrus
Razor: Edwin Jgger DE89
Blade: Personna Lab Blue (1)
Brush: KSPD2 Custom
A/S: Nivea Men Vitalizing
Balm: Sudsy Soapery Sandalwood & Citrus

Another good shave. The cushion and glide from the Sudsy Soapery soap was just brilliant. One of the best I've used in some time. It felt like velvet when I was applying the lather. Great post shave feel too. The balm is more like a butter to me but still, left a great feel on the face and dried in pretty quickly. Good stuff.

IMG_5189.JPG

Tuesday AM 2017-10-03

Georgetown Pottery G20 Scuttle (Hamada and Purple)
Rooney 3/2 Ebony Finest #2 (24mm/62mm)
Floris Verbena shaving soap (vintage)
Weber Polished Head/Stork Diplomat Titanium
Polsilver Super Iridium (2)
Guerlain Vétiver aftershave

I've been traveling the last few days, using a cartridge razor and brushless cream. I was somewhat surprised at how close a shave I got, but I'm quite glad to be back to my regular double edge.
BxjzabB.jpg

Evening shave.

Nivea Face Wash, BBA Shave Oil, bloom water.
OSP Barbershop.
Semogue 1305 (face Lathered).
Rockwell 6C (plate 4).
Polsilver Super Iridium (3).
OSP Aftershave Tonic.
BBA Post Shave Balm.

I have spent a couple of weeks blind lathering with the 1305 in an attempt to break it in. Well worth the effort. Great little brush!

Last edited:
Tabac Tuesday

Simpson's Colonel X2L
Tabac soap
Rockwell 6C plate 3
Astra SP (3)
Lavender witch hazel mixture
Blue Stratos aftershave

I chose to use Tabac after seeing lots of you guys had done so today.
I always enjoy using this soap, but somehow I seldom do.
The Simpson Colonel whipped up a copious amount of lather, but I'm not keen on this brush. I've used it around six times since I bought it and I just don't like it. It'll be going on the for sale board soon. PM me in advance if you're interested.
Two days growth taken down in two passes, with and against. This is how good the Rockwell is !!
Finished with a true smell of the 70's, . . . . Blue Stratos !
It somehow doesn't smell as potent as I remember it, kind of softened if you know what I mean?
It's still a great scent though and I look forward to using it more. And at only £3.25 it's one to splash on with abandon !

Get your ears around this. Not the best live version but it's good enough. . .

Back
Top Bottom