image.jpg ~SOTD~

Prep....Shower ~ Donkey milk soap
Razor....Iwasaki Kamisori
Soap....P.160 Tipo Duro
Brush.....Cadman Bell Silvertip
Scuttle....Giles Shaving Co
Post....BBA Post a Shave Balm
Scent....Creed - Virgin Island water.....copy oil from Mr Perfume

A long overdue shave with my Kamisori, more difficult these days due to lack of pain free shoulder movement but it's almost a crime to own these wonderful razors and not to use them!
The soap was top draw and gave me a slick protective lather and was warmed throughout by the scuttle.
It was a slower shave than normal but a very good one and I enjoyed every moment of it and it is a little like riding a bike.....you don't forget how to do it no matter how long it's been.
I was rewarded for my efforts with a faultles shave and a close finnish, as good as I would get from anything else I've got. Perfect.
Finnished off with some of the wonder stuff that is BBA PSB followed by an application of Virgin Island water.

Have a nice day.....:)

Last edited:
SOTD 3OCT17.JPG
#SOTD 03OCT17
- Blackland Blackbird SB
- Personna Lab Blue
- Wolf Whiskers Bishop
- @barristerandmann Reserve Lavender
- Thayers' Lemon
- Caldey Island Lavender EdT​

Barrister & Mann's Reserve Lavender has such a beautiful scent that I had to find out what the inspiration was and then buy it. Caldey Island Lavender is it and I love how it smells on me; there's the musky dry down that I get when I smell my skin but the scent that comes off is a sweet and pure lavender. Mixed with the superb Reserve formula I am a happy, BBS man. Full disclosure: I overloaded my brush again and it took me ten minutes of adding water to get it right and I was late to work ...I loaded for about 15 seconds, next time...5 seconds.

View attachment 29639
#SOTD 03OCT17
- Blackland Blackbird SB
- Personna Lab Blue
- Wolf Whiskers Bishop
- @barristerandmann Reserve Lavender
- Thayers' Lemon
- Caldey Island Lavender EdT

Barrister & Mann's Reserve Lavender has such a beautiful scent that I had to find out what the inspiration was and then buy it. Caldey Island Lavender is it and I love how it smells on me; there's the musky dry down that I get when I smell my skin but the scent that comes off is a sweet and pure lavender. Mixed with the superb Reserve formula I am a happy, BBS man. Full disclosure: I overloaded my brush again and it took me ten minutes of adding water to get it right and I was late to work ...I loaded for about 15 seconds, next time...5 seconds.
Absolutely love the Caldey Island! It's beautiful stuff and I recommend it at every opportunity! :D

3tEaU9xd_o.jpeg

Shavemac Americana D01 Silvertip
Schick Krona
Schick Platinum Plus (4)
The Gentlemans Groom Room Mountain Yew
Thayers Rose, Myrsol Emulsion & Pino Silvestre EDT

A shave chosen for me today, the soap anyway and a bit of a different shave. First time using this blade and blades in general beyond 3 uses. I think it still has some life left in it yet. Also first time face lathering with the Shavemac, not a face latherer in general but it was very nice, a great lather, a little wetter than normal but perfectly servicable.

Tues 3rd Oct
RazoRock Syn. 22mm
Tabac
ES Claymore V1
Schick Proline ( 5 )
Alum Rub / Rinse off
Tabac A/S Lotion

Had a rather nice shave this morning no doubt assisted by the lather from the Tabac which was just right. Despite the apparent weightiness of the Claymore, that weight really helps one avoid using pressure during the shave , yet it can be used very lightly to accomplish any required polishing up work. All in all the Shave today was not only smooth but nice and close all round.

IMG_1619.jpg

View attachment 29637 ~SOTD~

Prep....Shower ~ Donkey milk soap
Razor....Iwasaki Kamisori
Soap....P.160 Tipo Duro
Brush.....Cadman Bell Silvertip
Scuttle....Giles Shaving Co
Post....BBA Post a Shave Balm
Scent....Creed - Virgin Island water.....copy oil from Mr Perfume

A long overdue shave with my Kamisori, more difficult these days due to lack of pain free shoulder movement but it's almost a crime to own one of these wonderful razors and not to use it!
The soap was top draw and gave me a slick protective lather and was warmed throughout by the scuttle.
It was a slower shave than normal but a very good one and I enjoyed every moment of it and it is a little like riding a bike.....you don't forget how to do it no matter how long it's been.
I was rewarded for my efforts with a faultles shave and a close finnish, as good as I would get from anything else I've got. Perfect.
Finnished off with some of the wonder stuff that is BBA PSB followed by an application of Virgin Island water.

Have a nice day.....:)

A great set up and a wonderful review.

Thanks for sharing Paul. ;)

SOTD 3/10/17

Semogue 830 Boar Brush
Polsilver Super Iridium Blade (2)
Fatip Piccolo Open Comb Razor
Phoenix & Beau Imperial Rum Shaving Soap
Osma Alum Block
Pinaud Clubman Virgin Island Bay Rum Aftershave
Nivea Men Sensitive Cooling Post Shave Balm

A refreshing 2 pass BBS shave with a nice touch of Rum !
[emoji610][emoji41][emoji610]
d67d669e5471a52b73744f62f0aee01b.jpg

Pre: Warm water face wash
Brush: Semogue 2000 Boar
Soap: PAA Solstice
Razor: Cobra Classic (on loan *:(:))
Blade: Schick Proline
IMG_20171003_155025.jpg

Another out of this world shave from this razor. Thanks again to @Digimonkey for loaning me this wonderful beast, although its a *bittersweet experience as I'll have to wave it goodbye soon.
A shave that left me smoother than a Abbot's tonsure, which had just been polished by the Mother Superior :)

Back
Top Bottom