SOTD: 021017
sotd 021017 3.jpg
Prep: Hot shower L'Occitane
Blade: Gemm ss #1
Razor: Ever Ready 1924
Soap: Caties Bubbles La Terre Verte, Oakmoss, Sandalwood, and Patchuli
Brush: Masetp 26mm Silvertip
EDT: L'Occitane Cade

First time for me with the 1924. A razor that needs to be respected. I received a nick and a couple of weepers as a reminder but had an enjoyable DFs shave. I now know this razor requires the slightest of touches. I dread to think what damage a streamline could do. :)
Caties Bubbles performed good for the initial 2 passes but seemed to lose its cushion for the 3rd. Too much water perhaps? Scent though is beautiful and matched well with the Cade.

Enjoy your shaves! :)

Mon 2nd October
Omega 10006 boar
Stirling Baker Street
Mongoose B3/Windrose Handle
Kai Mild Pink [ 1]
Alum Rub/Rinse off
Tuff Green A/S Lotion

My first use of the Kai blade in the Mongoose, though I have used one in my early days of using
AC Razors.The Shave was very smooth and I found it very easy to obtain a decent quality Shave in a very short period of time.
This is a great forgiving blade for Starters, but as I have now got used to the Feather Pro & Schick Proline blades which are a cheaper option, I shall stick with them.

IMG_1618.jpg

ni7Tr8O.jpg

King Cobra - Feather Pro | Simpson P8 | Mike's - Orange, Cedarwood & Black pepper soap | 4711​

Greetings All,

Monday shave.

Two days' growth and warm shave

Preparation – showered and face washed with Clique Liquid facial soap (mild)

Pre: None
Soap: Tabac
Razor: Gillette Slim Twist (white handle)
Blade: Personna (1st)
Brush:Omega Proraso (face lather)

Post Shave: Cold water rinse, then Tabac and Nivea 2 Phase.

Change of hardware this week – a Gillette Slim Twist in lovely condition (with white handle) - I need to work out what year. Lovely shave this morning – 3 passes and no major irritation or crimson. Great start to the week.

Cheers,

Brian

Everyone – have a great week.

IMG_0217.JPG
Monday Evening...

Soap - Valobra Menthol
Brush - RazoRock Plissoft 24mm
Face lather
Razor - Feather AC Japanese
Blade - Schick Proline P-20
Post - BBA PSB
After shave - Speick

Not the smoothest of shaves tonight. I must train myself to use this razor with at least a good couple of days growth. The chin area is a real bugger to get right. But I won't give up. The Proline isn't bad in the AC. I'll give it another couple of goes before comparing it to the Feather Pro.

I have found that using the razor when it has a reasonable amount of whiskers to deal with gives a better result. Last night I used a Fa Tip Piccolo with a Gillette 7 o' Clock Green and for all it left a bit stubble this evening, perhaps not enough to warrant the AC.

But (after all that) I am left with a DFS. Perhaps not BBS; but I don't think it's worth chasing that with a kamisori.
Not without some rawness.

I hadn't used the Valobra for some time: it really is a good soap and gave plenty glide.

SOTD: 021017
View attachment 29613
Prep: Hot shower L'Occitane
Blade: Gemm ss #1
Razor: Ever Ready 1924
Soap: Caties Bubbles La Terre Verte, Oakmoss, Sandalwood, and Patchuli
Brush: Masetp 26mm Silvertip
EDT: L'Occitane Cade

First time for me with the 1924. A razor that needs to be respected. I received a nick and a couple of weepers as a reminder but had an enjoyable DFs shave. I now know this razor requires the slightest of touches. I dread to think what damage a streamline could do. :)
Caties Bubbles performed good for the initial 2 passes but seemed to lose its cushion for the 3rd. Too much water perhaps? Scent though is beautiful and matched well with the Cade.

Enjoy your shaves! :)
Yes I remember my first venture out with Ever Ready 1912 and I agree with you these razors need respect but once you find that magic angle they give a great a shave

Monday 2nd October

Birch Tar Soap
3P Preshave cream
Palmolive Sensitive Shave Cream
Omega 10065 Boar Brush
Schick E2 with a Proline-B
Alum Block and Rinse
Groomed Moisturiser
Black Afghano Perfume Oil

Dark mornings and evenings....I hate them. Photos will be less frequent until I sort out some lighting.
2 passes CTG and ATG for a BBS shave:)

Date: 03 October 2017

Pre: - Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush: - Yaqi Tuxedo Synth. 26/62mm knot
Lather: - Wholly Kaw - King of Oud (tallow) Donkey Milk 5x
Razor: - Muhle R41 v2013 with the iKon Bulldog Handle
Blade: - Gillette Nacet #5
Post: - Lucky Tiger Aftershave & Face Tonic / Bulldog Sensitive Moisturiser
Fragrance: - L'eau D'issey Pour Homme EDT

Back
Top Bottom