SOTD: Saturday 30 September - Friday 6 October 2023.

01 October, 2023
Prep: Hot towel
Razor: Rockwell 6S – #3
Blade: Astra SS
Brush: New Forest Tubby 1 Finest
Soap: Pinnacle Grooming: Barbershop ( PGA )
Fragrance: Rogue Perfumery Bon Monsieur
a stunning shave today.. that SS blade is an absolute dream with the 6S, and that PGA base is simply top tier. Stunning!

IMG_7405.jpeg
Proraso Green soap
Simpson brush
Tedalus Essence
Dorco blade
Thayers facial wash
I’ve been putting off using the Tedalus but I wish I had used it sooner, I found the balance to be perfect it was a great shave and I’m now in doubt my shave ready straight razors are actually shave ready! 7days of growth tackled with ease, super smooth and no blood loss.

Sunday 1st October

ADCreHcionjsD02XDkzbj-kcbV5LS_zrZIV45lA4DWTKZLUSxlNFvHs-YdaqEqcMtmOk3Ld9eHOSIXprL0e09YPdSy6556Hms8GFlrLahUs58RanG0Q9RikrU8XTYnkK6oQRVzrEgyW0_-wLy9xsH8VUv_ezpg=w800

Gillette Labs Quick Rinse Shaving Foam
Gillette Trac-II Twinjector & Schick Injector-II (7)
Brut Sport Style Aftershave

Bringing to conclusion a week with this box-fresh Gillette Twinjector. Very much enjoyed! An injector that actually shaves!

I kept the formula much the same through the week, varying the aftershaves with a little run through the Brut flavours that I have: Original, Passion, Oceans, Alaska, Brut, Attraction & Sport Style. Fun!

A shave and a tug. What a better way to spend a Sunday evening? Mrs Satanfriendly would like to point out that isn't unique to just a Sunday, but most nights of the week.
'It's those bag on the head folk again!'

Anyway those SHITS people have nominated this shave be themed, 'Dumpy's rusty bollards'

20231001_185434.jpg

Rustless razor - Tatara Nodachi
Rusty old blade - Tiger
Rusty plastic brush - AP Shaving 24mm Cashmere
Rust remover - Signature Soaps Valentia
Rust preventer - Collegen
Rusty bollards - mine

'Here comes Mr Friendly with his boat of rusty nuts!'

'They're all fucking nuts on there'

And a completely oxidisation free shave and a wonderful bit of rusty bush removal from Dr Tatara and his tiger. I do have to say where most blades I use tend to start showing their longevity after four or five shaves this one just gets better. A sterling turnout and a big 'Hurrah' for tigers. One superlative three pass shave and no rusted splinters to be removed. Hurrah for stainless steel.

A quick word for team lather. 'Jolly good show chaps, jolly good show'. Because they were, jolly good. Hurrah for facial creaming.

Collegen? Comes in there somewhere.

Have a most wonderful week ahead chaps and Hurrah for working weeks. Except me, because I'm not.

And a boss tune about boss big cats. It's over to TsuShiMaMiRe. Hurrah, hurrah, hurrah

IMG_2930.jpeg
SOTD: 01/10/2023

Razor: Yaqi Romulus
Blade: Feather Pro, 6th use
Brush: Shedeleven Spalted Scottish Hawthorn AP Shave Co G5C 26mm Fan
Bowl: HC&C Black Straight Wall Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: HC&C Unscented Hard Puck Puck
Balm: Tea Tree Balm Sample Balm
Scent Oil: HC&C Clean And Fresh

My first time lathering from the tub with this soap and it was much better than scooping. It’s a great hard ish soap base and the lathering direct was much quicker despite the soap being hard. The scent is pure freshness and comforting, it’s just great, I added it to the balm as well which then lasted most of the day. A lovely Sunday shave.

SOTD 02-Oct
20231001_125452-01.jpeg
Brush: MOAR Boar
Soap: B&M Sandalwood
Razor: Lambda Athena
Blade: Wizamet (1)

Much better lather this morning, went with the splash and go approach as I did with the new SOC Taj. Still had to load relatively heavy as it's a hungry one, still room for improvement on the user end but still good.

Smooth and ready for the day, hope everyone has a grand day.

Cheers

Marc

Back
Top Bottom