SOTD: Saturday 30 September - Friday 6 October 2023.

Friday 6th October

ADCreHd0uhcr_uUKFtmPxRFXPY3eWgD-sk-iN8B4KbWxFni0Xp2jgX0WnQo7ZBD781bLP1tVpRgZFnljH5_4CQYmIudJMVIqAoY9pey4s48vhcFkbUZsOHxX0HBAMghzb29PYy6M3MUm3Fw-yDdQ4c3kmeJHJw=w800

Gillette Original Shaving Foam
Gillette Blue-II
Jovan Musk Aftershave Cologne

Cracking razor, that! Reminding myself that even the humble disposable can give a damn good shave ... so long as it's the right disposable. The Gillette II format has been around since the 1970s and this is, well, kinda the pinnacle.

I'm also reminded of the Leaf Twig in use, what with the blade rasp ... and the damn good shave! Back to saving the planet (avoiding disposables) I'm going to pop a single in my Twig for the weekend.

Have a good 'un, guys!

Razor = Occam’s Oren ***
Blade = Feather Pro Guard ( 1 )
Brush = Yaqi Sagrada Familia 24mm Synthetic
Cream = Geo F Trumpers Spanish Leather
with matching Cologne & Balm
IMG_2752.jpeg
Last Shave for me in Tenerife & a truly wonderful shave.
I swapped the Kai Titan for a pro guard and man what a difference.
I was going out for a family meal so didn’t want any weepers & the pro guard never fails to deliver.
You could actually press as hard as you like & still not cut yourself,
For me i never wanted to go down the SE rabbit hole but this Oren is a razor in a million for me,
it just works without effort or thinking.
It’s been the best shave since i arrived here 10 days ago.
Next up is one day at home & back to Indonesia,
i’m totally f**** off with work just now & iv made a few enquiries with different companies although it’s the same job so perhaps better with the devil you know.
Never Mind
Ok boys n girls enjoy your weekend & i’ll take this opportunity to give @Gairdner my commiseration on his teams defeat.
GGTTH

IMG_4177.jpeg
SOTN 06.10.23

beard of 6 days

Soap: DG MOTI
Brush: two band from Barberia Carottese
Razor: Karve Overlander brass
Blades: Big Ben super stainless
AS: Myrsol agua balsamica

My two latest acquisitions, DG soap and Karve Overlander razor. Had some issues with the lather, using a bowl and adding water but felt not a great protection and a pretty dry underlayer of the soap on the skin. Not sure if I did something wrong (bowl lather instead of face lathering and quantity of the soap) however not the usual slickness of american soaps. Will definitely try again few more times with maybe a synthetic brush or face lathering and see how it goes. Scent is amazing, however wife did not like it. Good I did not buy the AS :D The razor is a beauty and it goes extremely well on my skin, the ATG pass is just amazing, no feel of the blade, angle super intuitive and BBS is guaranteed. I have heard really good things of this razor and they all apply. Very happy about the purchase.

Buonanott a tutt e mast

IMG_2948.jpeg
SOTD: 05/10/2023

Razor: Occam’s Oren
Blade: Feather Pro, 1st use
Brush: Highlander Chubby Style Boti Fan Knot Synthetic
Bowl: HC&C Black Straight Wall Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: Noble Otter The Noir Et Vanille Puck
Aftershave: Noble Otter The Noir Et Vanille Aftershave
Balm: Tea Tree Balm Sample Balm

IMG_2949.jpeg