SOTD: Saturday 30 September - Friday 6 October 2023.

SOTD 05-Oct
20231004_111959.jpg
Brush: MOAR Boar (5)
Soap: Caties Bubbles Revolution
Razor: Merkur 39C
Blade: Wizamet

Decent shave this morning, I really like the 39C, certainly the weight if for nothing else, but it also gives me a very close finish. Revolution is a pleasant scent, there's nothing that really stands out to me (unsurprisingly) but it makes me think of wood and books, weird description I know, but I like it.

Hope everyone has a grand day.

Cheers

Marc

Razorock Hawk V3 (A)
Feather PB20 (3)
Striling Bergamot & Lavender
Semogue boar
Yaqi synthetic
Witch hazel
Extrocosmesi Arzachena

Keep exploring the new SE, now with Feather PB20 (3rd use).
Very comfortable shave, I typically get a bit deeper with DE but the ease of use of the Hawk is remarkable, Still don't get how Razorock labels it as aggressive. Far from it in my opinion.

I miserably failed to lather up the Stirling with a boar brush (again).The best use of a pig is as spare ribs as far as I am concerned.

Thursday 5th October
E-Type Schick OC 3D - Schick Swede #3 - RazoRock Plissoft - Palmolive - Superdrug Sierran Breeze AS - Aloe Vera Gel
IMG-20231002-172026-01.jpg

5 October

Wickham 1912 Magnum
Simpson Trafalgar T3
Feather AS-D1
Feather Hi-Stainless
Signature Soaps Hibernia splash

971C6194-07A0-492B-9334-FFEB30746BB7.jpeg
The Feather razor divides opinion and positive ones seem in the minority. Well, I’m one of the minority. In the right conditions my Feather AS-D1 will give me as close a shave as the Mühle R41, famed for its aggressive nature. I’d note that the R41 is not that aggressive in my hand, just a little rougher than most, but that’s me… in the minority. A close and very comfortable shave this morning.

Thursday 5 October
Ronson 1931 Art Deco one of the myriad of razors that emerged between the wars but didn’t really last. It’s great to be able to use these bad boys today this one is older than me and that’s old!
The concept of this razor at the time was good. Whilst it looks clumsy like a matchbox on a stick, it allows blade edges to be used with up to 4 iterations after simple rotation of the head. It could also strop a blade in situ with its unique leather roller. It came fully to pieces for cleaning. So all this aimed at getting the most out of a razor and blade during difficult economic times. It did require a bespoke blade however, although that blade could also be used in other 3 hole DE razors. However, it did not stand the test of time so now it’s a collector‘s piece.
I fettled a Croma blade, not difficult but fiddly, but I’ve done it before and still have all my fingers and thumbs.
Shaving cream and brush combo worked well giving a lasting soft lather. 2 passes and pick ups and a dfs finish.
Its fun using these old boys but you have to work at getting the best shave angle. This seemed to be with the head almost 90 degrees to the face.
Have a great day fellas!

IMG_0324.jpeg

IMG_0326.jpeg

IMG_0327.jpeg

5 October

Wickham 1912 Magnum
Simpson Trafalgar T3
Feather AS-D1
Feather Hi-Stainless
Signature Soaps Hibernia splash

View attachment 111951
The Feather razor divides opinion and positive ones seem in the minority. Well, I’m one of the minority. In the right conditions my Feather AS-D1 will give me as close a shave as the Mühle R41, famed for its aggressive nature. I’d note that the R41 is not that aggressive in my hand, just a little rougher than most, but that’s me… in the minority. A close and very comfortable shave this morning.
is it true that the razor is designed specifically for the Feather blades?

05/10/23
Pre - Pears Transparent Original
Brush - Simpson Duke 3 Best Badger
Soap - Ingrams "Cool" Egyptian
Razor - Blackland Brassbird
Blade - Personna Med Prep
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Proraso Green
A/S - Proraso Green
Wk 40 (6).jpg
Yes, the Egyptian Ingram's does have a slight synthetic smell to the menthol in it, although it does produce a nice creamy slick lather.
The Brassbird performed flawlessly as usual.
A very nice post shave to finish, i know i do not like their creams and soaps but Proraso make damn fine balms and splashes.
Enjoy your day all.

is it true that the razor is designed specifically for the Feather blades?
The razor probably was designed around their own blades, but, it’s not exclusive, any other DE blade fits. Unlike my Claymore Evolution which can only use Feather blades. I find the Feather blades a particularly fine pairing with the AS-D1, but that’s just me.

A return to a few weeks back and the artistic side of SOTD's. This one hence is declared as being themed, 'The persistence of memory' as stolen from Salvador Daley of Rochdale. A locally well known artiste of alcoholic beverages.

The persistence of memory

20231004_192641.jpg

? - Ikon B1
Errmm - Wizamet Super Iridium
Urghh? - Wee Whiskey Barrel
Per.... What? - Signature Soaps Danum
Memor.... - Nivea moisturiser
Da-da - Hermes terre

'Right. Formalities out of the way, time to get our kit off'

Shave of the year? Not far from it and an absolutely blindingly brilliant shave. I don't know why, but it certainly delivered perfection. And for a man of so many imperfections that takes a lot to admit to. So much so I am having to wear a barbed wire vest and whipping myself because of that sinful feeling.

Wait a minute. I am the Prince of Sinfulness. Sod that, have the vest back and your whipped cream at the same time. You were a bit off there love.

A sublime shave and thank you Mr Daley for the impetus over the choice of theme and cheers for melting my bloody razor.

As a sign off you can have 15 minutes of Beaver in 360 presentation

A return to a few weeks back and the artistic side of SOTD's. This one hence is declared as being themed, 'The persistence of memory' as stolen from Salvador Daley of Rochdale. A locally well known artiste of alcoholic beverages.

The persistence of memory

View attachment 111949

? - Ikon B1
Errmm - Wizamet Super Iridium
Urghh? - Wee Whiskey Barrel
Per.... What? - Signature Soaps Danum
Memor.... - Nivea moisturiser
Da-da - Hermes terre

'Right. Formalities out of the way, time to get our kit off'

Shave of the year? Not far from it and an absolutely blindingly brilliant shave. I don't know why, but it certainly delivered perfection. And for a man of so many imperfections that takes a lot to admit to. So much so I am having to wear a barbed wire vest and whipping myself because of that sinful feeling.

Wait a minute. I am the Prince of Sinfulness. Sod that, have the vest back and your whipped cream at the same time. You were a bit off there love.

A sublime shave and thank you Mr Daley for the impetus over the choice of theme and cheers for melting my bloody razor.

As a sign off you can have 15 minutes of Beaver in 360 presentation

5 minutes of beaver is enough for any man

View attachment 111943
SOTD: 04/10/2023

Razor: Merkur Futur Clone
Blade: Gillette Black 7 O’clock , 3rd use
Brush: Highlander 2023 TSR Limited Edition Yaqi Tuxedo Knot
Bowl: HC&C Black Straight Wall Bowl
Preshave: Bart’s Balms Lochnagar Oil
Soap: Seaforth! Sea Spiced Lime Puck
Balm: Tea Tree Balm Sample Balm
Additional Care: Seaforth Sea Spiced Lime Aftershave Toner
Fragrance: Seaforth! Sea Spiced Lime Eau de Toilette

Hands down my best lime scent, I’m beginning to worry and have to plot my next purchase of the EDT as splashes are hard to source here and there’s still few stockists with it available. (I have well over 3/4 still!)
How did you manage to get hold of the EDT? Have to agree, it's a great lime scent.

View attachment 111943
SOTD: 04/10/2023

Razor: Merkur Futur Clone
Blade: Gillette Black 7 O’clock , 3rd use
Brush: Highlander 2023 TSR Limited Edition Yaqi Tuxedo Knot
Bowl: HC&C Black Straight Wall Bowl
Preshave: Bart’s Balms Lochnagar Oil
Soap: Seaforth! Sea Spiced Lime Puck
Balm: Tea Tree Balm Sample Balm
Additional Care: Seaforth Sea Spiced Lime Aftershave Toner
Fragrance: Seaforth! Sea Spiced Lime Eau de Toilette

Hands down my best lime scent, I’m beginning to worry and have to plot my next purchase of the EDT as splashes are hard to source here and there’s still few stockists with it available. (I have well over 3/4 still!)
i really need to give this a try.
My best lime cream has been Castle Forbes & best lime scent has been Truefitt & Hill
West Indian Limes

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom