SOTD: Saturday 30 September - Friday 6 October 2023.

IMG_4110.jpeg

SOTD 30.09.23

Saturday afternoon shave of ~ 5 days of beard

Pre shave: proraso verde (activated)
shaving cream: crema da barba agli estratti di baobab e caffè verde by L’Erbolario (brushless cream)
razor: CB in brass, plate C
blades: Ladas
After shave: Ginepro nero lozione dopobarba energizzante

OK, I did not plan to have a brushless shave today, I got my omega 10098 soaked for over 24 hrs and ready for action, to then just realise this was a brushless cream, no lather really coming out of the brush action. Whattodowhattodowhattodo…in the end I decide ‘come on it’s not the end of the world, it’s just a brushless cream! Let’s give it a try. Well….the cream is pretty slick, there is some degree of protection and these blades did not feel too bad initially. However as I go to the ATG pass and to few additional final refinements…I started to realise that there is a LOT of difference, especially for the skin (considering I have a very sensitive one) and a proper lather rich in water is 10x better for my face. The post shave feel is quite tingy (even though I did not really get any red points), I am getting almost a ‘pulling’ sensation on the skin. The AS, unfortunately too much on the oily side, will take a while to get absorbed (or you need to use a really small quantity) however it’s one of my favourite scents for AS, not too strong and very pleasant, rounded scent, so will probably use again ( I have a bunch of these samples, thanks Dad). The cream, definitely NOT again! Give me back the amazing soaps we all crave about :)

IMG_2927.jpeg
SOTD: 30/09/2023

Razor: Yaqi Romulus
Blade: Feather Pro, 5th use
Brush: Yaqi Sagrada Familia
Bowl: HC&C Black Straight Wall Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: A&E Vetimore Shaving Butter Puck
Balm: Tea Tree Balm Sample Balm
Fragrance: Maison Alhambra Toscano Leather EdP

I’m beginning to enjoy the Romulus much more and am getting better results with it. It seems to need a much shallower angle of attack than most SE’s but find the sweet spot and it’s heavenly! I still need to work on the side neck areas but the jaw line, mouth, nose and Adam’s apple is now smooth as anything I have tried.

Welcome, welcome, welcome. And welcome to my first entry for this new week of SOTD's (much to your dismay) and this pixilated effort comes to you (as licensed by SHITS) with the theme, 'The night of the weevil shed'

20230930_171338.jpg

Possessive evil razor - Ikon B1
Belphegor the blade - Gillette Rubie
10' x 6' with apex roof - Hive-2
Tenebrionid soap - Abbate Y Mantia Krokos
Potting shed - Simple moisturiser
Asmodeus's aroma - Hermes terre d'hermes

'And he shall arise from the shed of evil bearing the Violin of Valefar. And he shall play evil tunes bringing the dawn of Armageddon and the end of good music as we know it'

Although these ladies laid former claim to that one. And no violins included. Or sheds

DSC03982.jpg

Bring on the Beaver. And Acorinrin obliges

Ah ah, no blade in the Ikon and tap on a tuck of Super Iridiums and out pops a Gillette Rubie. Tuck it, that'll do thank you.

Hive-2 vs Krokos, give it a whirl and a God of soap makes a God of lather. Super stuff.

Hit skin and, bugger me these Rubies are certainly on the sharp side of blade life. But what a damn smooth and fine operator. An absolutely sublime shave with incredibly close results which do border on being flayed. But sufficiently on the side of caution to be called one damn fine shave. After two days of being unkempt due to work this was very welcome and refreshing bit of 'me time'.

The Simple and Hermes just added to the experience and overall a great night of shaving activities by the shower room sink.

And weevils? I hate the bloody things. In my early days at sea I used to love my Special-K in the morning. That was until one morning my favourite breakfast cereal developed legs and walked out of the bowl. I hate the bloody things.

Evils and weevils, let's have some real deal beaver to sing this one out....

And I love you all

SOTD: 1st October 2023.

2.jpg

Shaving Recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Nivea Men Power 24H Fresh Effect Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face & head.
Wrights Coal Tar Bar Soap.
Brush: Wilkinson Sword Synthetic.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl: Home Bargains Stainless Steel Side Bowl.
Lather: Gillette Original Scent Shave Foam. (Red)
Blade: Gillette London Bridge. (D1)
Razor: FaTip Grande.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse. /Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./L'0REAL Barber Club Reinforcing ASB./Milton Lloyd London 2000 EdP.

Greetings,

Open-Comb October focus month.

I will be using the FaTip Grande & Parker 24C paired together with the Gillette London Bridge blades for my face shaves and continue to use the Gillette Guard for my head shaves for October. Starting off with the assertive FaTip Grande fitted with the GLB was a great duo mowing through my stubble with effortless ease. I forgot how smooth & assertive this razor is.

I recieved two cans of gillette shave foam ( red) & sensitive (green) with many other gifts from family & friends for my 60th birthday in June and out of respect & courtesy to them I'll start to give them a try out.

I gave the can a good shake for a minute or so then put a more than generous dollop in to my shaving bowl, Its hard to control the amount that comes out once you have pressed the release cap. The foam was far too thick with no slickness on release but with the wet synthetic brush adding a small amount of water I started to mix gradually which turned the foam into a workable shave cream with good residual slickness protection without dissipating or drying out in the bowl or on my face in-between each pass.

The post shave was very acceptable with no dryness or irritation to my skin. I'll be honest, I didn't expect a canned shave foam to give such good results. Mixing the foam in the bowl with the synthetic brush and additional water was the the key to it's performance. I will continue to use foam with the rest of my shaves throughout the week and try out the sensitive version in next week shaves.

Finishing the shave off a with a few small squirts of Milton Lloyd London 2000 EdP to the pulse points.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling divine. ;)

Keep safe and enjoy your Sunday ladies & gentlemen. :cool:

Sun 1st October

Aleppo soap - Shave pre wash
Omega 11126 boar
Hampshire Wool Fat
Schick N3
Schick S/S Twin-Japan [ 6 ]

A very pleasant Sunday morning Shave.Today used my favourite long handled Schick, which for me performs better than any Schick adjustable that I have used. I now use it all the time with a Schick Twin blade as it always delivers a quality finish in quite a quick Shave Time.

IMG_0782.jpeg

SOTD 01-Oct
20230930_164903.jpg
Brush: MOAR Boar
Soap: A&E Tobacco Road
Razor: Koraat 6/8

Fresh and massive boar to break in, this may take some time. Think it's 31mm, the lather was subpar but I think it was over soaked and under loaded. We'll see how it plays tomorrow.

Smooth finish mind so can't complain.

Hope everyone has a grand day.

Cheers

Marc

Sunday 1st October
Pal Injectomatic - Schick Swede #5 - Highlander TSR LE 2023 - OSP Spice Road - Old Spice AS - Aloe Vera Gel - Bespoke Sweet Spice & Sandalwood EDP
IMG-20230927-205059-01.jpg

Sunday 1 October
Christmas is but 3 months away :rolleyes: better start getting the list of shaving related goodies prepared for Santa.
Today though more important is my early morning shaving pleasure, and it truly was. I had forgotten how good my Wardonia razor is. Yes, it needs a modern blade to be slightly modded to fit but that can be done by anyone with a modicum of care as it doesn’t need to be micrometer accurate as you will observe from the foto.
Wardonia, started by Thomas Ward & Sons of Warrington and Sheffield, started in the 1920s. They “made” razors until 2000. They actually made little themselves, purchasing blades as blanks from suppliers like Souplex. Handles, guards, caps, boxes wrappers etc all came from other British suppliers.
The razor is bakerlite with a metal cap. The barrel hole blade would fit a normal 3 pin de razor but a Gillette type de blade had to be fettled to fit.
I fitted a new Croma diamant blade, lathered up and then with amazing ease got a bbs finish in 2 passes, wtg and atg plus very minor pick ups.
A truly amazing razor, in my opinion.
Not sure how but I have 2 of these in my collection. If anyone in uk would like the spare (with no box or blades I’m afraid) please pm me. It’s free on a first come first served basis.
Have a fine Sunday fellas!

IMG_0318.jpeg

01/10/23
Pre - Droyt's Classic Glycerose Soap
Brush - Semogue Torga C5 Boar
Soap - Erasmic Cream
Razor - Karve Stainless C - SB
Blade - Personna Med Prep
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Barts Balm Ben Kilbreck - Neroli, Rosemary & Jasmine
A/S - Mäurer & Wirtz 4711 EDC
Wk 40 (2).jpg
Spot on that, the Karve Stainless is a crackin' razor. I have not used my Boar brushes for a while, therefore, it could be a Boar & Cream month, not sure yet.
Enjoy your day all.

• Gillette Sensor
  • Mitchell's Wool Fat
  • Vulfix 404 Grosvenor
  • Proraso - white sensitive balm.
I find the Sensor & MWF combo more than efficient. A guaranteed smooth & clean shave. I've also found that Proraso post shave products are probably my favourite. Cannot go wrong with them + quite seasonal.

SOTD: 01/10/2023

Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Feather ProGuard - 15, 15th use
Brush: Simpson Trafalgar T3
Bowl: Muhle Bowl
Preshave: Proraso Crema Pre Barba con Olio Di Sandalo Cream
Soap: Eufros Premium Tallow Dama De Noche Puck
Aftershave: Myrsol Don Miguel 1919 Aftershave
Balm: Eufros Premium Tallow Dama De Noche Balm
Additional Care: Osma Alum
Additional Care: Cold Water

Have a grand Sunday, you all!

1 October

Wickham 1912 Cashmere
Omega 48 Professional
Blackland Vector
Feather Professional
Signature Soaps Hibernia splash

74A9BADD-760F-40C8-B6EC-37DDDD65F753.jpeg
Not the best of Sunday shaves. Two passes with the Vector did the job, but again, the lather was fading on the Omega brush by the second pass. Although the second pass lather was thin, the Vector was forgiving enough and the lather was slick enough to cause no damage. The Omega 48 may be about the nicest boar knot I’ve ever used but it still has some way to go to compete with modern synthetics… in my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom